Ice DPS. chill effect vs frostbite

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Quickfury85, May 2, 2013.

1. xSevendust New Player

Let me throw my 2 cents worth in. In preparation for the dlc I've been testing weapons and various loadouts and various might precision numbers, from what I've seen alittle bit of a balance modding with a slight lean to precision looks the way to go. For weapons I'm a huge fan of HB now and works well for a ranged ice loadouts. For powers it's IB,WT,RG,FB,FS,and impaling ice. Rotation is WT clip IB,FB,RG,weapon combo (pulse beam will be getting nice numbers from the still active IB), then either FS or II depending on health left then just repeat it all over. Depending on the raid your numbers should be close to gadgets or hl players but if you have a elect dps in the group your gonna have to work hard to keep up cause they're getting a Pi from WT so they'll be continuously spamming I think voltaic bolt. This is a good range loadouts and it will wreck stuff. For those curious I run this with 2100 might,640 precision and 127sp. Usually put up 850000 to a million and not even be trying.
  2. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

USPC here

Also, reflection is great to get ice armor which gives you the perma 50% modifier. So it's nice. Blast with the mod will give you 20s of 60, so if you're using that ice armor isn't as important. Just some food for thought.

Personally I don't even worry about the Frostbitten PI for res gale. It's for AE situations. For example 4 mobs, you hit for say 250 with res gale. That's 1k damage. Compare that to say Snowball, which splits damage. On the 4 targets you're getting probably at around 250 on the main target and around 100 on each add for the splash damage. So totaling around 550.

Diff AE powers split differently and such, for example Hard Lights Hold Claw splits evenly after 2. So where it does 600 dam to one target, add a second and you do 600 to both for 1200 total, but add a 3rd and it's 400 each for 1200, and 4 it's 300 each for 1200. Res gale just strait up doesn't split, so for every additional mob add 200-300 damage or whatever you hit for.

I'm not sure how Snowball splits, one of those things I want to look into when I have a chance but never really tested it thoroughly.
  3. Radium Devoted Player

I've been rocking both lately. Trying HB's for the upcoming ops and raids.

Like Jeebie said, if you run with Enduring Damage then theres no need for Reflection. I actually run the same load-out as Seven right now except towards the end of a bosses life I'll go with Tempest clipped with Ice Bash into Frost Blast into Impaling jump cancelled into Snipe while getting the second tick.
  4. shake New Player

I'm on the usps3 server. You can hit me up and ill run gates with you. You can try the precision load out but I have yet to get beat buy a ice dps spec like that. At least in gates. That would do great in t3 and lower raids where the adds burn to fast for cast time powers.
  5. Quickfury85 New Player

K so respeced to res gale and tried it out again and wow yes now I see the damage from it I go wt clip ib fb rg numbers everywhere lol. Now still testingother loadouts till I get a comfortable range LO I like but keep the ideas coming I aappreciate everything guys thanx