Ice Armor Animation...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cloud_9, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Cloud_9 New Player

It looks like complete garbage. What happened to the ice plating I saw displayed in the test forum? That looked a million times better than this "spikes in every direction" garbage.
    • Like x 2
  2. xWorldkiller New Player

Well Ice Armor in dps role is different from Ice Armor in tank role. Imo ice armor in tank role looks great.
  3. Juggalossus Well-Known Player

4. Cloud_9 New Player

To clarify, I'm referring to Ice DPS armor.

I've tried looking for the pics in the test forum but I couldn't find them. It's just ridiculous that they would opt for that pincushion design rather than the plated design. I mean, the Tank armor looks fine because it's streamlined backwards. DPS armor just screams "I'M AN EIGHT YEAR OLD WITH AN ARTISTIC OUTLET. SPIKES."
  5. xWorldkiller New Player

Here's a pick of my main with ice armor
    [IMG]
  6. restingbird New Player

Looks fine to me, just the ones on the head are a little weird but that's no big deal.
  7. recespieces31 New Player

I don't know what to think about the new visual of Ice Armor...one thing I can say for sure though, is it doesn't look very armor-like
    • Like x 2
  8. Little Sister New Player

I hate how it moves like the Earth totem.
  9. Wilder Midnight New Player

oh dear god no.

its going to take some experimenting when i get back on. don't know about any other ice damage dealers but it wasn't until i set my loadout to completely avoid being thrown into ice armor did i begin to notice an improvement in my damage output.

plus one for making me think of one of my favorite obscure waiting for her to be brought back misunderstood villains tho.
  10. Zizzi New Player

They could've done a much better version of Ice Armor... Maybe ask for some drawings from us?
    Tank looks good but DPS... Looks like an Ice Porcupine that got punted across a football field.
    • Like x 1
  11. Shadow Vlad New Player

I think people were complaining they couldn't see it with the bulky armor so devs were like "you see it now!?#@%!"
  12. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Ice armor is actually worth while now. 50% set mod is nice, unless you're using frost blast you're never going to be hindered by it. Personally I'm toying with throwing Cold Snap in just for the extra chill effect.

Definetly don't like the new ice armor. Huge spikes horizontally looks weird. Why would ice grow like that? Plus the icicles grow into eachother, which should break them every time they touch or prevent us from moving.
  13. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

I think it's fine. At least now, I can shade myself blue and call myself SonicTheIcehog. :p
  14. BRUDHAWALT New Player

HOW CAN YOU EVEN COMPLAIN AT ALL HERE! ITS BEEN 2 YEARS FOR ME WAITING FOR THEM TO MAKE ICE DPS BETTER, AND NOT ONLY DO THE DEV'S FIX THE DPS THEY ALSO GIVE US NEW ANIMATIONS! IF YOUR COMPLAINING OVER THE WAY ICE ARMOR LOOKS **** MAN! TAKE NOTICE HOW THERE ARE NOT TONS OF THREADS UP "LIKE FIRE" COMPLAINING ABOUT FIREBRUST! YOU KNOW WHY THERE ARENT ANY ICE THREADS UP COMPLAINING? BECAUSE THERES NOTING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT!

-1 BE HAPPY THEY HOOKED ICE UP
    • Like x 2
  15. Horrorshow New Player

The tank ice armor looks good but the dps one looks bad.
  16. BRUDHAWALT New Player

well thats like your opinion man....
    • Like x 1
  17. Aggronator New Player

I think is fine...SOMETHING is better then NOTHING! Loving ice dps now!
  18. FrostNialo New Player

really? how it looks is what your complaining about? really? how about we say THANK YOU for the fact there is no more animation pause during game play, and enjoy what we have.... :)
    • Like x 2
  19. Cloud_9 New Player

As an Ice DPS side beta, I think several posters misunderstand where I'm coming from. I'm ecstatic about the update. I can't wait to get a chance to see where my numbers are now. However, the look is absolutely ridiculous. I'm not even asking for a new animation- I just want the ice plate that was briefly showcased in test. The mechanics are fine. Fix the aesthetics.
    • Like x 1
  20. Thebluegoose New Player

Both look like crap to me. Personally i liked the old style. at least it looked like armor, duh. They could have kept it and did away with the time stopping animation and I would have been happy.
    • Like x 1