I think it's only fair

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Solmes202, Jun 2, 2015.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I agree with that. The idea behind the update was great. The execution of the update was pretty poor, and the cleanup afterward is too slow for new player retention. If it hasn't already affected new players, it will likely start to soon. From the Gotham University tier 1 duo to the tier 4 content, there is far too much inconsistency in difficulty level for players running at tier.

I questioned this game when I first started playing due to the bugs that existed then. Those bugs pale in comparison to the ones new players are facing today.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ghaladh Dedicated Player

While the threat of quitting is most of the time a request of attention, is also an instrument used to define how important is to the person the matter that is causing their abandonment. There are certainly more mature ways to do so, but is nevertheless a tool that can be used.

Answering to a non-quitting thread by reporting the reasons why this person is quitting is a legitimate search of comparison of ideas, a hint to discuss the problems with people that do not see things in the same way. It's more useful of a bunch of people singing in choir their love to the game (or their scorn, for that matter).

Constructiveness and improvement comes by challenging an opinion or an idea and discussing it. Only someone who doesn't think like you can help you improve or, at least, expand your horizons. Sometimes they just strengthen your resolve to maintain your opinion unaltered. Still an improvement.

So, abandoning guys, please keep sharing your thoughts. Not that you need my permission to do so, nor that anyone can forbid you doing that. Perhaps I will dismiss your ideas, perhaps i will change my mind. Sure as hell, I am not scared by a confrontation of ideas like many others seems to be.
    • Like x 3
  3. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

My point was that a toxic community enhances many players decision to quit.

Note: Just to clarify, are you validating rude behavior?

There are ways to display malcontent without attacking other members on the forum. I know since I had to do it when I was on my crusade on getting rid of OP player issue (which did not happen).

Side Note: Incidentally, the OP issue influenced me to end my discounted subscription with Daybreak.

Bottom Line: If players are being assertive and respecting the rights of others then there normally should not be an issue. If this would become a norm on these forums, then unsavory behavior may turn out to be less noticeable.
    • Like x 2
  4. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

This is what I will say regarding GU 47 : They waited too long to do this. When I started playing this game, T1 and T2 anything was brutal. The Gotham University duo was so hard hard people couldn't beat the second boss, forget Isis. People would hang outside containment because no one could get past he security hacker. Same with Ace Chemicals, Arkham, and Ooloong. All absolutely brutal to beat. Then the Devs began to cater to new players so much, from skipping content, to constantly nerfing instances, making things increasingly easier for them.

Allowing us to skip content, then go back and one-shot it was a big no-no. I was one of the only people on here saying that eventually they would have to address it. I was called an elitist and all the other buffoonery. They let that madness go on for far too long, along with giving us gear that was exponentially better than what the content required. They spoiled us. Now that they are taking away the goodies, people are whining and taking their ball and going home because many never understood what it was like at launch. It's the Devs fault for not doing this years ago. I'm for, I agree with it, and if people don't like it let them go. If the game dies, it dies. I don't want that to happen. I will do my part to support it. This is one time the Devs made a executive decision that I actually agree with.
    • Like x 3
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

But that is not the issue I have with the update. The issue I have with it is that content difficulty is all over the place from tier to tier.
    • Tier 1 seems fine (minus the Gotham University tier 1 duo where the first encounter with Gruhn that is not even a boss fight ends up wiping the floor with most players who are not CR 70+)
    • Tier 2 seems like enemies may have too much health.
    • Tier 3 also suffers from enemies having too much health.
    • Tier 4 has bosses that are one-shotting players who are tier 6/7 with normal combat mechanics, not mechanics that players in those tiers should need to avoid because they're meant to hit hard. The enemies also seem to have more health than tier 6 or tier 7 enemies.
    • Tier 5 seems again to have enemies with too much health.
    • Tier 6 enemies do not seem to have enough health.
    • Tier 7 enemies do not seem to have enough health.
    Do you see why I say things are inconsistent now?
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

As long as the game feels worth the money I spend, I'll keep playing, and I have yet to feel dissatisfied.
    • Like x 2
  7. AmazingDeVo Well-Known Player

I love playing this game, it's pretty fair to say I'm addicted. I'm excited about the changes being made, I look at them like getting braces, sometimes it might be uncomfortable and it might take a while but I think the end results are going to make it all the better.
    • Like x 4
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

I have personally gone back to test some of these and I have not personally seen this issue. That is not to say that these things are not happening to some people. We have gone back to T2 to up and as a league, we have not been one-shot by anything. However, T4 and up is more challenging than it has been for sure. I'm not saying there should not be a little tweaking here-and-there, but I do believe that we have forgotten how hard some of this content was many moons ago.
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I remember it not being as challenging as it currently is. I remember being able to withstand more than one or two hits from a crawler in Gates or from a Brainiac Phaser in The Chasm. Do you remember groups being overwhelmed by 2-3 minions in tier 3/4 content? They aren't overwhelmed by 2-3 Dreggs in tier 6 or 7. Consistency would be nice...
  10. Red Templar Dedicated Player

I have the Batman Statue that came with the game, I have all 3 DC Universe Online Graphic Novels, I love this game. I am staying. I pay yearly for my subscription.

Also I have a complete set of the Statues they released when the game was still new. They watch me play. Sometimes I think they are judging me, especially the Joker one. I may be afraid to ever leave. The statues may take it personally. Have you seen Puppetmaster? Seriously they could come after me. This is a thing.

((The company shop was out of Red Bulls again. I had to settle for a Monster. Those make me weird.))
    • Like x 3
  11. keith6567 New Player

GU 47 was good and bad a cr scaling system has just about everybody crying nerf on numerous powers right now(fotm powers arent helping either btw devs) and difficulty consistency is non existent but thats to be expected with this kind of overhaul. All in all i left for a week after 47 dropped than returned after i calmed down and thought back to B.F.E days were content was extremely challenging arkyham asylum was a t1 alert that top tier t2 players would spend an hour at least in. lots of wipes....
  12. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I'm just having too much fun playing with friends to rage quit on this game. Something odd has been going on in the DCUO community for the past few months.

I've notice more positivity in the gamplay community and there's more negative players on the forum community and alot of them are new members. Are ppl making multiple accounts to be heard with their complaints?

makes me wonder
    • Like x 2
  13. Solmes202 Loyal Player

Outstanding point. I never see nearly the amount of negativity in game as I do on the forums.
    • Like x 1
  14. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

After FOS 1 was buffed people couldn't make it past the first boss. If you were fortunate, you made it to the second but couldn't make it past the Broodmother. The adds and canons were one-shotting. In FOS 2 the Snipers were one-shotting Tanks, period. Thats when they first implemented armor penetration. People struggled with FOS 2 to the point where they stopped running FOS 2 and only ran FOS 1 and 3. When Gates dropped the adds in the hallway were overwhelming,....yes. Prime was so hard people simply skipped it. Most people were full T4 rocking Sparc Weapons because they couldn't beat it. When Hand Of Fate dropped the adds were overwhelming,....yes, especially Dawn. I can understand your point to an extent, but if people were not allowed to ever skip(through walk-ins & CR bumping through modding), over-gear, and then go back and destoy it with over-powered gear, most would appreciate just how difficult that content was when it dropped. I was here for all of it. Yes, it was challenging.
    • Like x 2
  15. Supergirly Dedicated Player

The real truth that people will not tell you is this. "The forum is a game, in itself." People are faster to fight here than in PVP. People would rather complain about how hard an instance is, than to actually run the instance. What you see on the forum are not the same people you play with. The game is doing fine, and you can be the judge of that on your own. If you were to believe the forum, then the game is in flames and no one ever logs in.

I would bet that most of the negative posters here have either,

A. Quit and have not logged in to the game in months. Yet, still have an opinion based on their past experience.
    B. Login still and just like to play the "Forum Game" just to see if they can provoke some forum PVP.
    C. Just want to watch the war, while not playing the game.
    D. Login once a month, see that their friends are not on and run to the forums to tell us the sky is falling.
    E. Play the game and enjoy it, but are like C. Just like to watch the war.

Be a judge of how the game is doing for yourself. Play the game, and then tell us if the forum tells the truth or not.
    • Like x 8
  16. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

Agreed with everything u said
    • Like x 1
  17. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

Giving up on the game would be a crime...and I'm not ready to be sentenced!
    • Like x 2
  18. Solmes202 Loyal Player

This is a great post and a perfect piece of advice. Play the game and make your OWN decisions based on how YOU like it (or not). I've been playing since day one and ever since GU3 I have read literally hundreds of threads predicting the imminent demise of DCUO. Star Wars Old Republic was going to be a DC killer, then FF, Destiny and on and on. Yet the game is still here. You will see posts that say "Yes but THIS time the new game will bring it down". Yet the game is still here.

Will it close down one day? Of course. But not now and not in the near term. A lot of people predicted it would never make five years. We're closing in on that this winter. I'd say we're good for a seven to ten year run.
    • Like x 2
  19. Red Templar Dedicated Player

After that, private servers......

I don't really see any negativity in game, just on the forums. Even then I think it is mostly just people being afraid.
    • Like x 1
  20. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I reached tier 4 about two weeks after Origin Crisis was released. I experienced the content with players at tier, and I did not find it to be that difficult when running with a good group even at tier. My recollection is different from yours. I am not sure if the content difficulty was reduced before I participated in it, though. With this game and the constant changing in difficulty for nearly every instance, it's hard to know what's what. Maybe that's what frustrates me about update 47: I have no idea whether the easier content is intended or whether the challenging content is intended.

Regardless, it needs to all be made consistent. Either make everything consistently challenging, consistently easy, or consistently in the middle. Having difficulty all over the map does nothing more than confuse everyone who is playing.
    • Like x 1