i see it already the rage on the forums

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Fairy of the moon, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Fairy of the moon New Player

Quantom powers teleportation i can see saying it glitch on me on under the floor, awwwww it's over powered nerf it now, other powers dont teleport so why should it , lol soon so very soon

[IMG]
  2. Redscreen5 New Player

A completely illogical powerset, how can you fight teleportation ? its like trying to catch smoke, understandable if dc had the combat utilization to go with it, but all its gonna do is make everyone run all over the place like headless chickens. Lung spamming
  3. Mini Lini Loyal Player

How do we know that it teleports?
  4. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Jens said this in an interview~

New power, new duds

Other changes coming in DLC 7 are the additions of Tier 5 PvE gear, a new Controller superpower, and brand-spanking new iconic suits.

For the first time since DLC 3, a new superpower is being added to DCUO. Dubbed Quantum, this Controller-based power deals with time and space. Players can use it to manipulate gravity and density; imagine making an opponent into a black hole so that all the cars on the street start crashing into him, or making someone so heavy that they can hardly move. The power also allows teleportation by bending space. Quantum users will see special effects including the splitting of atoms.

Respectfully,
    Davon
    • Like x 1
  5. Radium Devoted Player

Speculation and OPness before we have even seen a power yet, Thats a new one.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mini Lini Loyal Player

I can see all kinds of issues with teleportation. From lag issues, stuck in places, ability to endless kite....

Though we can't judge until it is out on live servers! So still looking forward to all the new additions.
    • Like x 1
  7. Davon (Crisis Core) Well-Known Player

Agreed, in the interview, they said that you will be able to teleport behind a player for a surprise attack. With that said, only one teleportation move has been confirmed, and for it to work, you'd have to have "Said Player" targeted. Also factor in the cool down time of the move, I doubt we'll see people teleporting all over the place like Nightcrawler. Then again, I could be wrong, won't know until May~

Respectfully,
    Davon
  8. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I thought about a skill of that type and called it "blink". My conclusion was, that the engine might be able to support it, but it also has high potential for bugs. To be precise: Getting those players stuck...

We shouldn't speculate on something we have yet to see.
  9. Saami Loyal Player

Teleport behind your enemy and strike. Similar skill was in Chronicles of Spellborn MMO few years ago.
    It worked fine back then and was very fun skill.
    I believe that SOE can do as good or better job.
  10. OMAAR New Player

Even if the power is OP, I hope to god they ignore all the whiners on the forums.

Or they incorporate many " hidden " mechanics so that the masses will not be able to use it to it's full potential.
    • Like x 1
  11. Naija born Well-Known Player

people?? why don't we wait and test it out before we all start complaining? its not even on test yet and you already know it has bugs and that players are gonna get stuck?
    patience and wait till it gets on test before generalizing.
    its not a movement mode, its just a power and i doubt all its powers will be teleportation.
  12. Solarstar New Player

I see Quantum's teleport being more like folding space and time and unique.
  13. Twisted Titan Committed Player

The PVPers will nerf it into the ground as soon as it hits arenas...no offense but it's true
  14. Solarstar New Player

WAAAAAH!!! It's too powerful! I can't kill a teleporter!

Ok, all joking aside, PvPers will have to live with it.