I love DCUO so can you remove collision already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Elijah Seed, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I am so sick and tired of zoning into the House of Legends and getting stuck unable to move because I cannot pass through other players or their trinkets/ pets because of the collision. And it doubly SUCKS when in combat because I almost always die because I cannot duck AND ROLL AWAY because someone and/ or their trinket/ pet is in my way and I get SLAMMED by the boss's AoE.

The Void Gazer from Grimorium Verum is the worst. On the few alts that still use that artifact because it's leveled so high (I am in the process of replacing that artifact and will never use it again afterward) it sucks when that ***damn things appears and I get KO'd because my rotation gets ruined and ALL OF MY abilities miss - JUST BECAUSE THAT ***DAMN THING BLOCKS ME FROM HITTING!!!

This is the ONLY MMO that I have ever played that has collision. No other MMO of the dozens I've played have it. And it seems to be a PROBLEM now more than it has ever been.

Remove it. I love DCUO so, REMOVE IT!!!

<Whew! I feel better now that I have that off my chest.>
    • Like x 11
  2. Proxystar #Perception

I don't care if players can phase, but I do care if NPC's phase.
    • Like x 2
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I love DCUO so why are there two posts by two different user names starting with "I love DCUO so"?
    • Like x 7
  4. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The NPCs that can phase in some way end up going through doors when chasing after pets and get stuck outside for some reason. I do wish players and their pets did not have collisions turned on. I think enemies would be a bad idea since they do that already in some places and break fights.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

To an antichristian video game to boot.
  6. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

It's infuriating and gives me a slight panic when I get caught and pinned, whether by players or NPCs or a combination of both (or even objects that load in), against a vendor or mission giver or amenities. This has happened to me in multiple places, not just HOL. Not super constant or a massive problem making my life miserable or anything, but when it happens it can be quite frustrating. I do find it a bit weird sometimes when even activating movement mode doesn't work. Like.... I'm standing between two people and a wall so I can't walk anywhere because there's no space to.... but why does that somehow make it impossible for me to go UP?! It's like a bird being trapped on one side of a road because there's too much traffic. Why does a barrier IN FRONT OF ME stop me from just flying up and over?! Did I suddenly become a Sim unable to step around or over a plate on the floor?!
    • Like x 6
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Doesn't help that the collision boxes on some characters/pets are about the size of a truck. :( So you stand there, stuck at the vendor, unable to escape because somebody with a smallest sized character is standing behind you with their robot sidekick. And they are browsing everything on the vendor, trying on styles, assessing stat boosts, etc... etc...

Can't even fly straight up to get out of it.
    • Like x 7
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Cause.... Sunday?
  9. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Isn't Batman Catholic?

Especially when I'm actually trying to do well in group or when I need to do well because I'm the only one progressing the group.

Amen. It's pure madness.
    • Like x 2
  10. GermanM Committed Player

Is this the beginning of a new trend?
  11. GermanM Committed Player

I start to hate collision when i made a tank and get killed because of the pet´s and henchmen. Yeah, at least for summoned tricket´s and stuff it need to be removed.
    • Like x 8
  12. Aren Sul Committed Player

This is a major irritation for me especially given the rise of pets in the last few years. If you're near the boss, you can easily get pinned in, and when the goons/backup come out... whew!

Removing collisions might be difficult because I get a feeling it's tied into the framework of targeting. Maybe they can build in some kind of "swivel" so you can push pets and npcs slightly out of the way? I know when I'm at a vendor sometimes, an NPC can push me out of the way, so why not the reverse?
    • Like x 7
  13. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Bahahaha, I probably get stuck at the broker at least once a week. Glad it's not just me. There really should be passthrough collision for other players and pets.
    • Like x 5
  14. GermanM Committed Player

Main reason why i still use Watchtower.
    • Like x 4
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That's why I use the broker in my characters' bases. Open 24/7, no queues. :D
    • Like x 4
  16. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Holy God, YES! THIS is why I'm saying it's a problem now more than it has ever been. Everybody and their grandma has a trinket/ pet out everywhere you go nowadays. And as soon as they get near you - GOOD LUCK! And you can't always phase - you HAVE to zone/ rally.

And when you're in queue 10+ minutes and get dc'd on phasing, zoning or rallying it's enough (for me at least) to just "**** it!" and stay logged off and go play another MMO that doesn't have collision. Which is literally every other MMO out there that I know of.
    • Like x 3
  17. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Nah, keep the collisions. And I say this as someone who tanks. :)
  18. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

I've been thinking of taking up tanking. But the problem I have is no inventory space to store an extra set of gear. I find it strange that (but on brand) that DCUO never got around to changing how gear works so that when you switch roles your gear stats automatically adjusts to that role.

Other MMOs that were released around the same time as DCUO changed their gear to work this way nearly a decade ago just so that people that played those MMOs didn't have to farm for extra sets of gear and carry them around limiting their ability to collect ingame 'treasures.'

I just know that in other MMOs collision works how it is suppose to. You don't fall through floor nor pass through walls so that you stay where you need to finish the fight. You can pass through other players and their pets as well as the boss and her trash. Collision in DCUO is just ********. And that's just one word for it.
  19. Magnificent Loyal Player

This and then getting penned in at the kiosks is why I've started carrying a bouncy ball trinket. If I get penned I can usually just pop a ball, drop it and its rolling will move other players out of the way.

I shouldn't have to do that, but here we are.
    • Like x 3
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, not sure why they just can't have player characters have more weight in a collision than an NPC, fury or RSK, kind of like a tossed beach ball does. Sorry, but a non-enemy tossed beach ball shouldn't be able to push me away MORE than I can bump an RSK out of the way.
    • Like x 5