I love DCUO so can you get rid of Gadgets Dovetail already?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Naturally, I couldn't resist the title either.

But it really is extremely annoying that most of Gadgets abilities will prevent you from going into stealth AND waste your cooldown in the process. It's like you can fart in gadgets and stealth won't work. Hand mod doesn't prevent this, either. I could understand it being a balance thing IF it happened to the other stealth powers, in which I don't believe it does. I could be wrong? Still sucks.
    • Like x 5
  2. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I wonder what Mepps will change "I love DCUO so" to as a default phrase (or if he will).

I had also experienced what you describe when I tried out Gadgets. I've never been a fan of using transformations to get to other abilities, so I avoid those loadouts. I'm sure I'm handicapping myself on those power sets, but they're mostly on alts, so it doesn't matter to me much. To those who run it as mains, hopefully they can help out with this thread or get it fixed.
    • Like x 1
  3. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Just like real life. One good fart, and everybody in the room knows your'e there.
    • Like x 5
  4. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

If you were almost any other powerset... this might be ok, but gadgets? REALLY? It's been broken overpowered for the passed 12 years.

You're like some upper middle class white gentleman complaining about the crime in his neighbourhood right now.
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

How about we get rid of all of the stealth exploits entirely while we're at it :)
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Didn't that already get addressed by increasing power costs and not allowing clipping to cancel power costs?
  7. Proxystar #Perception

They just changed supressor turret to cost power at the offset rather than at the end meaning even if its cancelled it now still costs powers.

The shennanigans going on with stealth are still 100% a problem and its why gadgets remains FOTM, because its in many respects broken when it comes to stealth.

Ice is coming in a decent second now because of the change they made to ice golem form allowing players to use their iconic abilities within ice golem form, couple that with ice golems short cool down and abuse of EOG and you've got ice players just farming a perpetual damage buff.

time for me to run though cause I'm about to get hated on lol
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

To be perfectly clear, I am Might based so I don't bother with those clipping shenanigans. I have more of an issue with dovetail while controlling because stealth loadout is where I keep my shields.
    • Like x 1
  9. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Find one of these 2nd class citizens and send them my way. I've yet to see it.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

If we could somehow get rid of Invisibility for mental while we're at it I'm in.
    I've learned to work with it since the stats revamp~won't argue it's pain blast hits hard...when it hits, when you don't get snapped out of invisibility by taking a hit point of damage because even though you're invisible ads can still see you or when it doesn't hit the target thats in front of you and instead targets the furthest ad away which is way out of its paltry range...

but that's just me.
  11. Starry Knight Active Player

For the love of The Presence?
  12. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Getting knocked out of stealth is annoying, but I don't think this is something that should even warrant discussion, for several reasons.

Stealth activations should be as deliberate as possible. There are plenty of the controller debuffs that clip into stealth, iirc, the only one that doesn't clip is cryo-foam.

Everyone treats stealth/invis as some unholy advantage. It really isn't without EoG. If you are might DPS, and you use the triple or quad clips in stealth/invis, you're actually losing numbers. Source: AV's might guide.
  13. JailhouseBat Active Player

What is your rotation? The main thing I have noticed is an EMP right before stealth will knock you out of stealth. You may be using a power right before stealth that has after effects or doesn't apply to stealth.
    • Like x 1
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It's not the issue of getting knocked out of stealth, per say. Dovetail is when an ability prevents yourself from going into stealth, yet still triggers the cooldown anyway. I like using stealth as buff troll because I can puty SC shield and HL shield in there, whilst still being able to have Distract on my regular hotbar. I use the secondary buffs (sticky bomb, cryo-foam, gauss) because they don't piss off the tanks as much (plus gauss ensures defense debuff on at all times).

I know cryo-foam does it, so I hit other moves before trying, but I've still ran into it. I'll check into it when I get home what the other or exact causes might be.
    • Like x 1
  15. JailhouseBat Active Player

Maybe canceling stealth is a better way to put it but my experience has been EMP followed by stealth will do the dovetail effect. Maybe cryo field too.
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

There's a lot of them that cause it, unfortunately. I don't think the other stealth powers have the same issues (or near as bad).
  17. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

I assumed you meant as much. I should've worded that 'getting knocked out of stealth due to animation' I think I might've caused some ambiguity. The point of stealth activations being deliberate as possible, still stands though.
    In terms of debuff, that's the only one. I know in DPS, SS moves and EMP pulse never let me trigger stealth.
  18. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

"improved stealth mod" == problem solved.
    • Like x 1
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Heh, I called that one. I love DCUO so, eh? Nice!
    • Like x 1
  20. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Use distract before stealth. Also any powers that have a lingering effect after activation will knock you out of stealth. For example, neural neutralizer and emp pulse both have an after effect that will cancel stealth. Don't use either of these abilities last or second to last before stealth.