I Just Don't Remember, Help.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by IzzyLizzard, Aug 2, 2015.

1. IzzyLizzard Well-Known Player

so what was wrong with old mark system, why did it change in the 1st place.

tier1-triumps
    tier2-distictions
    tier3-kryptons
    tier4-wars
    tier5-realitys
    tier6-furys
    tier7-victorys

i know they changed the mark system around tier 5 i think, i honestly dont remember the reason. can some one refresh my memory please.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Because they don't want multiple currencies.
    • Like x 1
  3. IzzyLizzard Well-Known Player

was there like a spicific reason multiple currencies was bad? i mean a certain currency for each tier just makes sense to me.
    • Like x 3
  4. IzzyLizzard Well-Known Player

lets think, relevancy would extend to all tiers, you would have to do tier 4 to get marks of war so you can get the animal gear for style feats, same can be said for every tier. pass thru first for gear but come back later for feats.
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I agree, they limit the relevancy of content with 1 mark. This is how I thought when hearing MoV being the new mark before it went live but oh well.

hopefully they do something for lower levels to make it more lively again.
    • Like x 2
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

tbh the changes to get 1 mark I dont want its not worth it I'd rather have more styles.
  7. Backseid Devoted Player

A different Mark for each Tier would be too much. One Mark for everything is just as bad, if not worse.
  8. IzzyLizzard Well-Known Player

serious tho, because i would be all over the tiers with my lizzards collecting marks buying styles instead of unlocking them because thats how i was rolling, play my lizzards in lower content for feats n styles. i no longer do this because they are all in the same tier T5+ and i get no mov's to buy the styles. i feel so restricted, i would lower some of my lizzards CR to get them into diffrent content, but i guess its immpossible to lower your CrR.
  9. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you can lower equipped CR but not overall CR.

I think what someone on these forums mentioned is, if you buy a respec token you also lose the overall CR you had to kinda start over in CR. to help get marks for say 108 gear for troll gear if you switched from a heal or tank power ect.
  10. Xanoth Dedicated Player

The thing with one mark for each tier, or symbols, w/e. is that it promotes more organic game play to direct players.

Get new mark > find where to spend.
    see gear requires mark > find were to acquire.

Rather than:

Get MoV, wonder if this vendor is highest vendor
    Find vendor that won't let you buy gear, see no indicator of when you can buy that gear.

It also lets players level up, earn MoV on the way, hit 30, buy full set of renown gear, wear account bound jewellery. Skip tier 1, buy some t2, kill sub avatars, T3 buy T3... with marks earned while leveling, and not devalued in any way. Yet wasn't it supposed to prevent this sort of thing rather than make it significantly worse. Previously with MoT, marks earned while leveling wouldn't even get you to 1/10th the value of a T3 item.

Explaining to friends when they started why everything uses one currency, same value, vendors scattered randomly and some completely obsolete and having to remind them several times over every time they were able to use a new vendor not to go back to the old one. "I bought some new armour" should be something you want your friends to say, and not have to instantly think "oh ****, where from?"
  11. CaptainColdilocks Dedicated Player

I wanna say they did it because lower tiered player were complaining about higher tiered people ruining their fun. So to keep us out, they took away the marks we used to get from doing them.

#whoslaughingnow #muahaha
    • Like x 1
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

Probably because of the one's you've missed such as momentum and allegiance.

Basically specific marks for thinner content = massive pain in the butt.
    • Like x 1
  13. Sbel Devoted Player

I think they wanted a single currency because of how the rolling window of relevancy will work. They couldn't have one currency for T7 and another for T8, wouldn't work with the monthly content. I guess they could have gone back to different currencies for different tiers for T1-6, but that wouldn't work for the new content. And they did say that they didn't want to leave things the way they were, they didn't like the absurdly large numbers of Marks of Triumph.
  14. DivineSire Dedicated Player

To clean some of the fat off the game that doesn't need to be there. Multiple marks, a million different sodas aren't necessary and ends up being confusing for no good reason.
    • Like x 1
  15. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I think the route they should have gone is have a decent crafting system...People could run missions, use drops, but gather what materials they need to make better gear...
  16. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

As I said previously! They could have reduced the level of Maximo triumph marks to 100 as well as the marks of victory!
    And all the previous content would be purchased with the triumph marks as before, but with fixed values, as is being done now, and the new content (eg t7) would be purchased with the marks of victory!
    Simple!
    I would tidy the game and would not have caused all this mess!
  17. Solar Well-Known Player

Biggest downfall is it making places like Central City a ghost town.
    • Like x 1
  18. IzzyLizzard Well-Known Player

see central city would be t3 and givin marks of krypton, so all those new players would be in there farming kryptons to purchase t3suit styles, same can be said for gotham wastlands (T5 - marks of reality)
  19. IzzyLizzard Well-Known Player

i used to play this game on all my lizzards (that would be one for every power) all day every day. since the change i just cant anymore :(
  20. Solar Well-Known Player

Yep and there would be life there.