I feel bad for PUG groups

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by x2TMx, Aug 18, 2013.

1. x2TMx New Player

So after a very long time of league runs I decided today to join a group for prime. We had 2 heals, 2 trolls, 4 dps. We get in and the whole time the pot troll is going on about how he is a "beast troll" and how he can solo troll anything (hasn't ran nexus and wave yet). The electric healer is going on how he can solo heal prime and I'm not needed (mind you this is his 2nd attempt at running prime). I solo healed prime in full t4 before seeds and unpaid came out. Have solo healed nexus and wave as well but just chose to stay shut and mind my business. We go in and a dps dies and so does a troll. With no tank and the healer dying every 1 min or so I find myself solo healing while also playing the role of tank with all the aggro. We gwt to brainiac and wipe since no1 was taking out the drones and we started without taking out 2 spawners

2nd attempt I ask "can we please take out the ads and the spawners only to be met with a "**** ni***" from the badass dps who was in 3rd place getting out dps'd by over 700k and has not died. While doing this and killing brainiac the troll is still going on about being badass and can't seem to keep pot up or keep us decently filled. I think I went through about 14 sodas just for power. We finish and the healer (had 200k healing out I had 1.6 mil) starts yelling at players because he is so beast he deeserves the hb and neck piece. My intention on running prime was only for the monthly box.

So I ask how in the hell do players handle and put up with pug groups like this? Was different pugging a year ago and now I was kind of surprised as to the "skill level" of some cocky players. No I did not say anything negative nor did I try to give advice. With a response like "**** ni***" who would want to. My fault for pugging and I am 98cr and don't mind wiping or explaining things if need be but some of the vocabulary was just crazy. Top dps was getting talked down to by that 3rd dps as well so it wasnt only my gripe.
    • Like x 3
  2. Tvuski Well-Known Player

I have a special ability that I like to tap into when dealing with PUGs. You see, I have infinite patience...

Jk. I actually don't know how I put up with these. Maybe I just accept it.
    • Like x 4
  3. Notangie New Player

I like your signature, so funny...so true.
    • Like x 1
  4. shaun10656 New Player

i feel bad for you I pug everything and I rarely get problems so..... gl?
    • Like x 2
  5. Tvuski Well-Known Player

Heh, what is it with everyone liking my sig? No one is reading what I'm posting and instead is referencing my signature!
  6. Caligulus Committed Player

I join random groups for everything and hardly run into problems, maybe because I'm just a chill guy and try not to let things bother me, but it's mostly because I don't even care.
    • Like x 1
  7. aganusn New Player

It's always been the opposite with me. I even got the Medic and Sniper feat in a PUG.....2/10 PUG groups are actually bad.

For PVP, yes it's bad, but I've pugged 80% of PVE. I don't know what's up with everyone else. You're either exaggerating the occurrence of bad groups or really have bad luck.
  8. Tvuski Well-Known Player

When it comes to PUGs, I think the Superiority Factor determines the success of a group. Some people just don't want to listen. Others think they're superior. Many times overgearred people will leave after one wipe because they see everyone else as inferior.
  9. thedarksaiya New Player

hen I get those I just turn off all chat.
  10. Sechuran Fox Dedicated Player

Moved to the European server. Haven't had a single issue like this since. Well, I may have and I just didn't understand what they were saying...
    • Like x 3
  11. insinceremelody New Player

Yeah, most PVE PUG groups are just average, not good nor bad. The worst thing you typically get are loot arguments. Though, the really bad groups stick out. I tend to avoid Prime at all costs once I get the monthly box just because if you're going to find a bad group, it'll be for Prime.
  12. The Johnny army New Player

2 choices:
    1 - Add to ignore right after finishing the raid.
    2 - Ask them to join a group you KNOW is good and see them being humilliated by numbers... Well, sort of what you did with that other healer.
  13. Light Of Ace New Player

TWISTED!! Good to see your still around, your the reason my Nature Healer even exists.

Anyway what you are experiencing is what I call "halftime villains" I.E. Heroes that tried that stuff and got blacklisted to much to do anything, at least that is in my experience. funny thing is these seem to be the only ones I run into when playing my villains lol.
  14. Whiteroom New Player

I rarely run into these problems, usually you can spot them before you even enter the raid though. As soon as people start talking about how awesome they are, you can pretty much guarantee that they are ****. I've never done a league run, so that must be nice though.
    The problem I run into most is under geared pugs going into the T5 alerts before running the solos enough. Had a DPS invite me to FAM last boss, last night, dude was alone and had on lvl 70 pants.
  15. darkmoon caverns New Player

I rarely run into problems. I made some friends by pugging and now I try to run with them as much as I can.
    I once was in a group forming for prime. They didn't want to get a tank but I didn't want to do it without a tank. I said "we need a tank" and they insisted they didn't and were going for the feats. I didn't queue up and they kicked me. I didn't care so I shouted to get in another group. I get a tell from one of the previous group's members telling me I missed out on getting all the feats and must be low CR if I want to do it with a tank. I told him I already had the feats and I was full T4. It must have hurt his pride pretty badly because he replied to me "nice try scrub lol". I guess he's the scrub for thinking you need to be full T5 to get those feats. :rolleyes:

In the other group I was in we beat the raid in one go. No complications and no lack of tank.
  16. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

It's a great sig!
    But, I actually read your posts too.
  17. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Anyone else enjoy pug stories the most?
  18. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

You get three types of people in PUGs

1. Players who barely meet the CR requirements. IF they're smart, they'll listen to any advice you have. I know when I've been low man, I'm all ears.
    2. Players who really S*** and can't get in a good league. They're the problem. Usually, they THINK they're great (as you saw) and the numbers don't matter - the other player got lucky. They'll blame the troll if their damage is low, or the healer if they die. It's never their fault.
    3. Players who are just looking for another raid (probably you in this instance). They know what they're doing and have the skill and stats to be successful. I wish we could get more of these in PUGs, but these guys are the minority.

The bragging is usually a symptom of type 2 or a kid. Look at the language to try to tell the difference.
  19. Whiteroom New Player

What about people you have a good laugh with while playing, those are who I like to play with regardless of whether we struggle or not.
  20. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

These players usually also fall into group 1 or group 3.
    I like to think that I'm that type of player. I'll vent AFTER we're done, if any venting is needed. It's usually the other players attitudes taht get to me, not their skill or lack thereof. In fact, I prefer the challenge of a struggle, unless we're going for a speed feat.