I AM NO MAN'S SIDEKICK, I AM AN AMAZON, I AM HERE TO SAVE MANKIND...THE WONDER WOMAN MOVIE THREAD

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by aurorabenz07, Jan 18, 2016.

1. BATWlNGdccu Active Player

Because they would know right away that she's from a place they've never heard of, and then they'd start asking questions about her and her people, and I'm sure the Amazonians wouldn't want everyone knowing about Themyscira.
  2. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I just saw it and liked it. Movie loses its steam for the final sequence. There's still a couple of really good stuff that happens in the finale and some kinda bad, nearly Age of Apocalypse kind of bad. But overall, it's a good movie.
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And they know every part of Europe?

But the point is, Diana was fine with telling her title, it was Trev who stopped her and changed her name, she could have just said it was a small Principality in the Mediterranean near Greece
  4. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

They probably wouldn't have trusted her anymore than they did, probably even less. Diplomats have always been accused of being spies.
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Who said she was a diplomat? She was a Princess, not a diplomat, royalty tend to make the worse diplomats
    Ambassador on the other finger...
  6. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

[IMG]
    I learned everything I know from Star Wars.:eek:

Same difference? It might be pretty hard to be recognized as an Ambassador since the place isn't on anyone maps. She could still work as a diplomat until her homeland is accepted by authorities though.:confused: Anyways I think Trevor's plan worked out anyways.
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

And we all know how things worked out for her and her entire planet, don't we? (told you royalty make the worst diplomats :p )
    • Like x 1
  8. xD25x Dedicated Player

Liked the movie. I feel it's the best dc movie yet. Acting was good. Script was good. I agree the end was a little over the top. Without going into spoilers I do feel as if the victor at the end should have been the loser. Just made more sense to me. Overall I give it a 7.
    • Like x 1
  9. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Yes, it was the best yet, not s gal fan but she did good, hard to believe she was preggers the whole time n they had to cgi her belly
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Not the whole time, just the reshoots.
  11. SuperBell Loyal Player

There's a fairly big war going on in Europe at the time, so knowing it's countries would be pretty important. And it would be easily debunked by looking at a map. And having royalty walking around without a security detail would be eyebrow raising. So now you have Steve together with a strange woman that outright lied about where she came from. Sure, Diana is fine telling people because she doesn't know about our world, but Steve would know nothing good would come from her outing herself or trying to start lying to cover it up.

Or, it's just a simple joke to explain why she has the last name Prince, like how they added the Donald Blake name in to Thor.
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Thank you for explaining it

Umm, isn't the reason for 'Donald Blake' because that's the body his dear old cycloptic dad stuck him in as punishment that one time? When he went by the name of "Thunderthighs" (or something) when he found out Dr Don had the powers but not he memories? o_O
    Or did you mean in the movie?
  13. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

So, ur saying that homeland failed again? ;)
  14. SuperBell Loyal Player

I meant the movie since they weren't going the "Thor trapped in a crippled man's body" route.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Oh right, when he stole that doctor's ID
  16. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Now I know, after credit scenes are all the rage especially by Marvel films but if the Wonder Woman film ended with an after credits scene similar to the WW animated movie, I would have cheered out loud in the theater
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

DCEU isn't at the level to where they can introduce minor characters in movies yet. Wonder Woman was very well known before this, so it's obvious the movie would blow up as a result.

As much as I'd like to see less Batman, I want them to get Batman right first, and I feel the Batfleck solo film would do just that.
  18. SuperBell Loyal Player

I saw it today and I liked it. And I've liked all the DCEU, so I don't know why people like this so much more than the others.
  19. Kzinti Committed Player

Movie was
    SUPER GREAT!
    • Like x 1
  20. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

Hey Everyone
    [IMG]
    Here are some easter eggs that were in the Wonder Woman movie
    1. The London scene where Diana saves Steve was reminiscent to Richard Donner's Superman
    2. The woman who Diana took the blue dress from to attend General Ludendorff's gala was Fausta Grables who was a nod to the WW tv show character
    3. Diana discovering ice cream on her way towards the front with Steve was a nod to a scene from the new52
    4. When Diana is not kicking butt, she works as a curator at the Louvre in Paris where in the comics in the '90s, Wonder Woman had a similar job when she worked at the Gateway City Museum of Antiquities, where she eventually ended up crossing paths with future Wonder Girl Cassie Sandsmark!
    5. Doctor Poison, is based on a couple of different comic book characters. The 1942 original was a masked Nxxi called Princess Maru, while a new version of Maru with a penchant for poison was also recently introduced.
    6. The Godkiller sword in Wonder Woman appeared in comics when Deathstroke got his hands on it. There, it's forged by Hephaestus, the ancient Greek blacksmith god, but the movie reveals that it was given to the Amazons by Zeus to stop Ares should he return.