I Actually Enjoy Stat Clamping, But What I Don't Like...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mysticwraith, Mar 1, 2022.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

First off let me state that I am fine with stat clamping. I know the QQers feel entitled to breeze through old content, because they can play event mode, scale up CR, and expect to just smash the rest of the game without a challenge. Therein lies the problem. A game should have some difficulty and scaled based games typically can be exploited to give the player an advantage once they hit a certain range. I feel the devs in this game do exceptional. When a game becomes too easy without challenging its community, the content becomes irrelevant because the degree of difficulty can eventually be surpassed.

What bothers me isn't the challenge of the content in which the devs give accessibility, but a large portion of the community who can't embrace what an MMO is. For example, we have the ability to play two roles in this game and customize our builds to tackle a number of contents, however...majority of the community do not take this tactical advantage to overcome challenges to achieve desired results. Instead, they would rather have a sense of entitlement without the need to make alterations. Am I lying?

I have been an advent MMOer for over twenty years, a tester for almost the same duration, and a content creator for five years, and as the games getting prettier...the substance of the genre becomes deluded. Nothing in life is guaranteed, so why should it be in a game? We should want to challenge ourselves in everything we do, because getting better at anything in life is about understanding what it took to get there.
    • Like x 5
  2. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

If you’re asking why players don’t dual role, the answer is probably cost related. If you’re in end game with one toon, you probably have 3 artifacts around 160. To dual role, you’d want another 3. You’d also need double head augs for every dlc and at least 2 sets of bottom augs. Then once a new possible meta emerges, get those too. Plus some of these toons are someone’s 12th toon they run just to farm so they’re only going to dps. My 4th alt can heal if really needed but she does it with a solar amp in. People whine. So I don’t heal even tho I can and have healed any end game with her. I’m sure amount of time they can play is just as at fault as costs to dual role.
  3. KidKretz Committed Player

im slow i guess. had to read it twice to find what you dont like, first time all i saw was you hating on ppl that dont like the stat clamp

second read though, i realized, you dont like ppl who dont like the stat clamp. got it!

not sure what there is to discuss here tbh,you coulda added this in a stat clamp thread :)

cheers though! can you drop ur content creator info, would love to check out ur vids :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I think the problem here is the squeaky wheel gets the grease
    the anti clamp crowd squeaks pretty loud

I personally like the new Omnibus ques and stat clamping makes all the content fun again and even though you can still breeze through it the little bit of a challenge fars outweighs breaking the content from being too powerful
    • Like x 5
  5. Drathmor Unwavering Player

just ask those criers if they pay your sub :D
    • Like x 3
  6. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

In your experience, can you give some examples of how one might use the tactical advantages you describe or perhaps elaborate more with another example? DCUO is the first MMO I had ever played. Final Fantasy XIV is the other, so my experience is limited to these two examples.

I concur with there must be a need for challenges, the feeling of overcoming that challenge is invigorating. In addition to the challenge, I love for there to be an engaging story. Endwalker from FF XIV does an amazing level of story telling that at times actually moved me to tears. It would be fantastic to have that kind of story telling in DCUO also but since it’s comic based I’m not sure how deep they are allowed to go without running into creative differences from DC Comics.

It would be mutually beneficial for a writer(s) at DC Comics to directly collaborate with Daybreak on story line development. Perhaps they do. Sorry for rambling.
    • Like x 1
  7. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I'm not well liked by many players in the ESO community, but they always had to adapt to my configurations. You know, math and all lol.
    Mistick's MMOs - YouTube
  8. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I had to stop playing that one after it took two months to get from lvl 50 to lvl 60 once you hit the end of the original game there is just too big of a gap before it picked back up again. but all that time turned me and my wife off of that game
  9. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I had a different take from his post. I did not feel in anyway that he was hating on any one or on any particular group. He is just exposing the pitfalls of a game or it’s players basically resting on their laurels.

Ever challenging, ever engaging, that is what drives success. This is what I took away from his post.
    • Like x 1
  10. KidKretz Committed Player

oh trust me, im no popularity contest winner myself. i do what i want and do what i feel like, que the offspring song SMASH :)

will def check u out! :) cheers again!
    • Like x 1
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’m sorry to hear that. It really is a fun game. Ryuko ad I where just discussing that very experience you had last night and how arduous it is to get to end game.
    • Like x 2
  12. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I loved FFXIV! It's been sometime since I have played, but the job system in the game was excellent. Allowed me to play content in many roles, and progress throughout the game without the need of making a new toon.

That is how you should see this game as well. For example, I may make a build for solo content in dps role but have healing abilities and augments to sustain myself. I may want to play dps in group content but use an ability to feed the troller power to help the team keep their power supply optimal. This is what makes this game so enjoyable for me. There are a number of ways to configure your builds with each powerset and loadout to have accessibility to different levels of difficulty.
    • Like x 2
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Yea I enjoyed the two classes I played the I want to say corsair the lady with the rapier type sword was red mage I believe its been a while. was fun and I really liked how the dancer played also
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

I almost always build the alt role for solo content. You'd be surprised how much better it is to have a DPS build when you are a healer/tank. Or how nice it is to be in controller role with DPS gear on in a solo. I do agree with players above, cost does play a role in not having both. Which is where I build some of my cheaper alts with one armory to where I can just hit "T".

I don't get the whine on the clamp. We are now over half a year since and it's not a bad system. I get the struggle on some outliers, but most of the time when they are complaining, it's about principle of the thing. They don't actually try it or if they do, they somehow got the worst offender scenario and think all of it is like that.
    • Like x 2
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

• Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

A lot of content was still challenging pre-clamp, ESPECIALLY the feats. Those are what added the real fun to me personally.

Edit: Still by far wasn't a "breeze" as many will say.
    • Like x 1
  17. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I run 4 characters, all of them except one, has both roles covered. It boils down to cost for me. I used to run 6 characters, dropped to 3 for a long time, recently at 4. It'll likely be a year or more before I can get enough nth to level even one artifact up for the 4th to switch role.

That does not take into account, oh look, a new healing artifact that I would like to level for 1 of the 3 that do dual role, so that takes priority, setting my 4th character back more now lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

At least you play dual roles on a toon. How many times do we see players who aren't even aware how to switch a loadout, let alone use the armory system?
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

No you! I will pew pew pew and you will give me all my feats immediately upon the death of all the NPC trash I have left in my wake!! My main role is DPS, my support role is DPS, I have 4 armories, they are all DPS! All my Stat points go in to Might/Power! I save my left over 300SP waiting for Might/Power to increase. lol :D

[IMG]

/end sarcasm
    • Like x 3
  20. zNot Loyal Player

Aslong as the devs dont force and start focusing on forcing people via the right content design to play more support rolls people will not do it,even i as a main tank think about going dps because as a dps u have a greater influence due to the dps centric design then the solo tank..

1) because the tanking isnt difficult enough things that are supposed to be double tanked get solo tanked almost always
    2) nuking the boss down with 5 DPS is far superior (also much easyier) to do then any other strategy.
    3) combine that with OP powers such as gadgets,elec,EOG spamm and buff trollers