Hybrid Artifact Build

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cullen0808, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Cullen0808 New Player

Has anyone run a hybrid artifact build. What I mean by this the ones that give a percentage on all around stats such as might, dominance, restoration, precision and vitalization. If you choose hybrid instead of superpower you still gain 10% might and 5% on all those. What power benefits from this usage? I think atomic battle tanking does. Anyways, so which artifacts would you recommend just for stat wise using these types of artifacts that give those stats increase and which power would benefit from it.
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I guess I don't refer to Eye of Gemini as a "hybrid" artifact. It's an Artifact that has a bonus for all roles. The Superpowered, Hybrid and Weapon's Expert focuses speak to your power generation more than your innate stats. There are some healers that take Superpowered forces at the expense of their Restoration stat, for example, because they may end up using their weapon very little when things get really heated in battle and therefore are unable to regenerate their own power.

And while the Orb of Arion which is a healer artifact and give Health and Restoration which can be very important to a Fire tank, the Fire tank would get none of the properties of the artifact, like the Spectral Acolyte.

Sorry if this does not address your post but your thought process isn't quite clear here.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cullen0808 New Player

It's quite simple actually. As I said I'm looking for stats increase and won't be interested in the artifact abilities. Hybrid role gives 10% to might just as superpowered. However, hybrid gives 5% also to dom, rest, and vitalization.

Basically with that mind, an artifact like Gemini that gives stat increase to all those would mean the 5% from hybrid will stack with Gemini. Philosopher stone also gives stat increase to those i mention and now the strategist card would further increase it.

10% might increase, 5% increase to dom, rest, and vitalization=hybrid role

Artifact:
    Gemini
    Philosopher stone
    Strategist card

All increase those values. As a battle atomic tank might, dom and resto go hand to hand. Hope that clears things up.

Again im not interested in the abilities of the artifacts just the start boost.
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Unfortunately no power benefits enough from stats alone to make them more important than the effects of artifacts. For example, atomic battle tanking. Yes they do use might, Dom, power, and health. But not resto, vit, or prec.

Maybe a battle healer could take better advantage. A battle healer could use prec, might, power, health, Dom, resto. But not vit. So that sounds great on paper. But being a healer the artifacts that give all of these don’t give the most beneficial effects for a healer outside of Gemini. Stone won’t help, and strat could be good. But that’s 2 artifacts and not 3. And by not having much synergy in your artifacts it would be as helpful either.
  5. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Ok, I see your point, but like I said Hybrid vs Superpowered focus has less to do with the stats involved and more with how powers are used. If you plan on doing continuous combos, Superpowered is going to be your friend more than Hybrid specialization. How you spend your SP is an important factor in battle tanking.

Gear and augment substitution is another factor to changing your stats for battle tanking. Most battle tanks sub out pieces of DPS gear but augments are also easy ways to change your stats as well. So there are three ways to change your base stats without even considering artifacts.

And to piggy back here. An artifact like Tetrahedron will give Might, Health and Power, two of which are stats for damage and one for tanking. You are probably going to have pretty high health numbers so that will be a buff to your might right there. Strategist Card might not be a bad choice as it can help with some self heals and damage, plus there are stat bonuses. And for a third artifact, possibly wait for the Everyman Prototype artifact to come out. Having a tank based artifact will ensure you don't lose too many tank related stats but also, as a tank, you need to keep yourself alive. Tank based artifacts have health stats that feed will feed into your Tetrahedron so you have synergy there.
  6. Cullen0808 New Player

Things were being beaten way before artifacts arrived. The stat boost should give advantage. While I do agree picking superpowered would be better, that is more of a preference choice.

Hmm I believe Energized from Atomic supercharge is based off of dom and resto. Same with proton remedy. But c'mon, who can disagree that hbyrid spec with the 5% stat increase mixed with Gemini, Stone and Strategist stat boost is a bad idea?
  7. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I'll say it's a bad idea. It's a novel concept, but choosing your artifacts based solely on stat boosts and ignoring the artifact abilities is a great way to get high stats... that won't matter because you'll be left in the dust of characters using artifacts for their abilities. Things were bring beaten before artifacts but I'm pretty sure each time they added an artifact slot they've gone back to increase difficulty to compensate.
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Speccing hybrid doesn't have any benefit for DPS other than a slight incremental boost to shield strength. Tanks will benefit from the Dom and Resto. Healers will benefit from the Resto and a little from the Dom as it'll strengthen group shields. Trolls benefit from all three, the Vit for power heals and the Dom and Resto for strengthening group shields.
  9. AD Leo Well-Known Player

Hybrid needs to be adjusted to have some Prec bonuses.