How to pull multiple adds at once

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ive never really understood how to get a big group pullled consistently. Sometimes ill grab 3 adds and others ill only get just one. Can someone explain how to do big pulls
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For which power?
    • Like x 1
  3. Shalayah Committed Player

Some pulls are regular group pulls, and some pulls are pretty much single taunts. Power descriptions will usually tell you what kind of pull it is.

Mesmerizing lasso for example is a single pull/taunt but I do believe there is an artifact that turns it into a regular group pull.
  4. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Earth! I recently dumped lasso of truth into another art now im struggle to pull groups of adds! Specifically the eyes in COU was really rough
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Earthen Grip is your go-to pull. It's a little awkward but you want to jump first and than pull with Earthen Grip. I don't know what it is with video game physics but a little extra height nets you a bigger group pull. The adds get yanked towards you but do end up kind of scattered, you can follow up with Epicenter for a cleaner pull.

Also keep in mind if an add is blocking, entrapped and I think also rooted they can not be pulled.
    • Like x 1
  6. Ekart Committed Player

Don't worry about the eyes. Sometimes add are designed like that so they spawn at different spots and you will never be able to pull them all at once. It's anoying like hell, but you get used to it.

+ everything Lorax wrote above. :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

You can absolutely pull and group the eyes in CoU as any power. However, players and pets can both block the pathing, and then ads can gain immunity and start to seem like you can't pull them.

In order to control your cone pull you need to control the angle between yourself and the ads, and the vector of your travel at the time you pull. For example, you can pull twice at the same height during a jump, once on the way up, once on the way down, and you'll see the ads respond differently in how they travel in the arc towards you. Likewise if you're moving sideways when you pull, you'll almost always scatter.

Earthen Grip has a drawback in some situations in that it does a minor stun effect. The more often that ads breakout, the sooner they gain immunity to control effects, and you can see them flashing to indicate this state. So if you pull with Earthen Grip and don't succeed in grabbing an ad (for whatever reason) it's important not to just hit E-Grip over and over, as a second breakout will result in an immunity for that ad. Mixing control effects doesn't result in immunities being gained as quickly, so following a failed E-Grip pull, it's important to use Epicenter, or a CC consumable, Chronometric Emitter etc.

I advise any tank to go play around with ads. Right now the Portals in Flashpoint Gotham are great. Trigger the portal and wait for all 8 ads to spawn, then play with them and your pulls for a while. Learn how you can control the arcs of the pulled ads with your own height and movement directions. Learn the effects of curved pulls, jumping up, down, or diagonally. Observe how the movement of different enemies will change the direction of your pulls while you're standing still. Then learn to change it up by utilizing your own movement.

As you become advanced in your techniques then observe how you can influence positions in fast movement vs. regular, while flying or wall running, speed leaping etc. Look at how ads are affected, if at all, by clipping pulls with different powers or weapon attacks. Watch what gives immunities in raids, and how unique enemies respond to CC effects, yours and others (troll debuffs etc).

Good luck!
    • Like x 1
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Something else I’d like to add to what Lorax and Melusine said is that earth grip pulls adds in what can be described as “projectiles”. If they collide with other objects in the path they can lose the moment. This includes each other if they hit each other in the wrong way. If something has multi layered floors and you pull pull them towards a block in the bath IE a step than that can stop momentum too if it hits the blocks. Can get a little annoying at time but what Lorax said can help mitigate that. When jump and pull it will send them going ag an upward angle making them less likely to hit something on the ground.
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Thanks for the help everyone! Yea i guess i just spoiled myself with the lasso artifact and how good it was at bringing adds directly to you. Kinda sucks theres not another pull in the game that good so you can free up a artifact slot. I got some adjusting to do fs
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Atomic's pulls are better.
    • Like x 1
  11. Rip Kurrent Well-Known Player

A bit off topic..you just reminded me that I should revisit my atomic toon. I have two fire toons(one hero and one villain) that I decided to use as tanks, but I haven't actually used them in content because I have no idea what I'm doing yet lol. My very first tank was ice. I did fairly well as an atomic tank...but definitely not the best I've done lol