How to Calculate Effective Health

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Peacemakaz, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Peacemakaz Committed Player

I don't know why, but I recently discovered that both in and out of the forums no one has actually written down the process to calculate effective health even though it is such a big topic, so I made a crude formula for it.

This knowledge isn't knew, and quite frankly, it feels like there is a much simpler way to solve this, so if someone knows let me know...But in the mean time, if anyone is curious where those numbers that people just slap on their guides and posts come from...here is how they figure it out(or at least one way they could use):

How to calculate Effective health(the complicated way?):

Defense based mitigation = total defense / 71 = damage mitigation from defense. Note that damage mitigation stops at 75%.

1000 x 1 - X(damage mitigation in % form) = Constant A

1000 / Constant A = Constant B

Constant B x Base Health = Effective Health.

Example:

An Ice tank has 3000 base health, 1000 dominance, 3000 defense(about 1578 before using a power and getting the 90% buff).

Defense based mitigation - 3000/71 = 42.2535 ≈ 42.3(assuming there is 0% armor penetration)

1000 x (1 - 0.423) = 577

1000 / 577 = 1.7331 ≈ 1.7

Effective Health ≈ 1.7 x 3000 = 5100.

Also, there is a "rule of thumb" which is that if you are max defense mitigation(75%) you can 4x your health to find your effective health. You can use this formula to verify it too.

If you want to figure out an earths tank value, just use the formula twice, the first time ignoring damage absorption, and the second time accounting for it(the X value) and using the effective health you got from the first time through as your base health.

If someone wants something clarified, or if there is a mistake in my formula/math, let me know.
    • Like x 1
  2. AIpha New Player

Your calculations are off but the easiest way to do this is HEALTH/(1-DEF/7100)=EFF HEALTH. For EARTH its HEALTH/(1-DEF/7100)*1/(1-ABSORPTION).
  3. OMAAR New Player

Need to re-read this with a clear head.
  4. Cream Corn New Player

Effective Health Isn't As Effective As It Sounds. Remember Ice Has Shields And Fire Has Heals. Effective Health Over Time Would Be Better Taking Into Account Alternate Damage Mitigation Methods That Won't Register on A Scale That Only Counts Health And Defense.
  5. AIpha New Player

Thts true but almost impossible to calculate because of the randomness involved in using the shields and heals.
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

7. Ice Lantern New Player

I appreciate what you are trying to do but I think your efforts are wasted.

The people who are really interested are likely the same ones who can already perform the calculations on their own. As for the rest of the people, they probably don't even know what you mean by "effective health".