How to build a battle tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tolly, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I want to make a battle tank and I would like to know what I need to wear to make my character look like a battle tank?

I often see differing opinions on youtube when X builds a build, so I guess the best answers will be here, well I guess I'd better build it via forum advice than find a youtube build. :p

What equipment should I wear?

What increase do I need ?

What artefact should I equip?

How do you assign sp's with this in mind?
  2. Forum Junkie Well-Known Player

Wear dps gear, stat like a tank and go tank role. Use a load out that will mitigate dmg but still put out dps. The gear will give the dps stats and your skill points will cover your health and dom. The other option is to go wpn expert and stat like a dps but wear tank gear and use tank role. Use precision to deal your dps and whatever artifacts you want. May as well get creative. As far as the look, that is entirely up to you.
    • Like x 1
  3. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

1st, it depends on what power you are using.

Lots of builds will be different. Just depends on how the person wants to spec and build.

My battle tank, Rage, is built for healing and damage.
    All DPS gear except chest. DPS mods, except back and chest: accelerated redirected rage, and hearty.
    Transformation, Clarion, Quislet.

SP allocation:
    Hybrid spec.
    Max critical attack chance/magnitude.
    Max precision
    100 restoration
    100 dominance
    Dual wield to flurry shot.

Powers:
    Remorseless recovery
    Weapon buff
    Redirected rage
    Hard light shield (iconic)
    Berserk
    Variable for the 6th depending on need. It'll be one of the following:
    Ragebringer, ire, RSK, without mercy
    • Like x 2
  4. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

My loadout for open world bounties as a Rage "tank" is
    Robot Sidekick
    Mercy Attack Protocol
    Severe Punishment
    Weapon Buff
    Redirected Rage
    Berserk

The second move should make it obvious that I'm use the Mercy Amazotron Matrix as one of my artifacts, and I round that out with Quislet and Clarion.

The gameplan is to rely on Robot Sidekick (enhanced by Map attack), Quislet, and Trinket Pet for damage, and to fall back on Severe Punishment and Clarion via weapon attacks for self-healing. I use Soul Link (might be a different name) to transfer incoming damage to pets (spread among several pets) to take the edge off of big attacks, as well as rotate Redirected Rage (shield) with the Clarion shield if needed. The Mercy artifact also sends incoming healing to my pets (as well as shields them), and the healing is constant, really, because of Severe Punishment and Clarion constantly healing me.

I actually specced full tank with full tank gear, but if I can ever remember to make the change to my armory, I would alter that to be DPS gear. I also use this same loadout in duos and alerts if I think we can get by without a healer.
  5. Plowed In Loyal Player

From a general sense, you are looking to increase your offense (either might or precision) while sacrificing some survivability (health or dominance).

Earth (might) - jackhammer is your best friend. The first hit juggles while doing damage. Brick is also great as a passive damage mitigation (Earth’s tank mechanic).
  6. Tolly Committed Player

I am power "earth" (for now :D) and I play might.

Jackhammer is so much fun, I often use it with the area damage ability of the earth power.
  7. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

The best way to test out your battle tanks is to fight The Trench Monster in Atlantis, that’s how i knew what worked & what didn’t, i wear full DPS gear but in Tank Role.
    with Earth i usually use

Jack Hammer
    Epicenter - to heal brick
    HL Shield
    Gemstone Shield
    Brick
    Pheromone Bloom Super charge

Artifacts
    Gemini
    Quislet
    Trans or Strategist

Stats
    Superpowered
    Max both damage crits
    Max heath
    Half might
    Half Dom
    • Like x 1
  8. Drewbolt Greatest Healer of this Generation

I just looked at the power and tested it in the open world, I couldn't get Epicenter to heal Brick. Are you referring to Fortify Brick or is there some trick to making it heal Brick?