How much money will you spend this year on DCUO?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Jan 18, 2018.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If subscriptions were enough (and weren't being pulled left and right) do you really think they would've gone this route??? Rhetorical question because here we are.

Nice try with the deflection btw...there's no "guilt" to detect on my part because there's nothing to be guilty of. I've committed no crime, and hurting your feelings or making you jealous is not my problem.

I buy the stabilizers that I buy with cash I earn to get a chance at the cosmetics contained within the Time Capsules. There's nothing inside the TCs that helps me "win" anything other than maybe possibly a costume contest. The small amount of progress contained doesn't give me this great advantage you might feel it does. Considering the rabid complaint threads about how our stats don't matter, I fail to see how it's p2w. People with less skill points, less mods...less stats overall, have handily beat me on the scoreboard with the only thing that matters more than the precious few skill points that you're wringing your hands over...skill. And as long as we can all still get our skill points from the content that's delivered, I won't have to worry the way you are.

As for the other ways they can distribute these cool styles, with the way people balk at the prices they ask for, it doesn't surprise me that they would seek a different way to get people to part with cash. Everybody wants more, but nobody wants to pay more for it. I'm ok with paying more because I understand how this all works...and my expectations are set in reality. And if they should decide to put some effort into the marketplace proper (even if it's alongside TCs), i'll support that. Now, we can debate what the company does and how that affects us...but i'll be damned if i'm gonna kowtow to other people's opinion on how to spend my money that I earned. I'm not sitting here telling you how to spend yours...so why do you feel the right to tell me how to spend my cash???

Now on to the topic at hand, the only thing that bothered me is that the original post is rather vague...and as it's been revealed, it was done so intentionally. The poster wanted to sneakily start a dialogue to out the players who are spending on more than just their subscriptions. Why couldn't he have come out with that from the beginning? Why play the ambiguous game??? Well, since the OP won't share that, i'll just let this go. At east I know I was right about the intent with this thread.
    • Like x 3
  2. Dazz-252 Committed Player

I bet you guys are in favour of the demise of Net Neutrality in America. Ajit Pai is attempting to build another pay wall beyond your internet bill.

Sort of the same thing here. But your ego's is too far up you butt you can't admit it.
  3. Xibo Loyal Player

And if you spend $200 or $300/month with the game what is the problem? Is your business and your money, right? Nobody is judging you about it. Or if you have no idea you could just say "i dunno".
  4. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I'm going to try to save all the money I earn this year on my job and see what I want to spend at the end of the year
    • Like x 2
  5. Dazz-252 Committed Player

It's not necessarily just his business though. It's a topple effect.
  6. Dene Devoted Player

oh please

these guys are baiting ppl to say they are going to spend money so they (and others) can attack them for it
  7. Xibo Loyal Player

If he'll get baited certainly he'll not get baited by me. Is his business and money.
    • Like x 1
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yeah...but nobody really knows...because outside of subscriptions/buying episodes, what else is there? Replays and Keys. Who knows how much they'll spend on that before they spend on it??? Most people wait for sales...so again, who knows how much they'll actually spend before then? And again, what's the point of the question??? What purpose does it serve?

So sure, I could have just answered I don't know...but instead chose to ask why??? Because to me, that's way more interesting than what anyone plans to spend. Especially when asked by a fellow player as opposed to the company.
  9. Dene Devoted Player

Don't buy TCs if you hate them so much.. i'm sure people have done the same and will not buy them, in the future..

But at the end of the day, it is 100% just their business.. your opinion in how someone spends their own money to play the game how they want is irrelevant.. spend your money how you want.. stay out of how others spend their's

I appreciate you have a concern that people's spending habits may encourage more TCs - but unfortunately, you can't control what ppl do with their own money. To dictate to others like this is pure arrogance
    • Like x 1
  10. Dene Devoted Player

Exactly.. you are an example of the logic I think should prevail.. Not liking TCs or whatever is one thing, and may be a valid concern but my concern was the others who are actually telling/ordering ppl how to spend their own money and furthermore believe they have a right to do so.. I find that just nuts :)
    • Like x 1
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I intend to spend lots and lots of money on my favorite game of all time this year.

(Yes, it's DCUO. ;) )
    • Like x 3
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

Maybe I'll host a DCUO LANParty in Dallas, Texas. Securing my first house purchase. Plan to run Cat6e lines everywhere for hardwired internet access. I don't see why I couldn't host a LANParty of sorts.
    • Like x 1
  13. Asentmah Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Once this free sub is over, I'm gone they obviously are still stuck in their ways.