How much money did you spend on Team-Up Time Capsules?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Xibo, Apr 20, 2017.

1. xD25x Dedicated Player

I don't mind spending a slight amount on time capsules. After the debacle that was the amazon capsules I know I got lucky. The game needs income. There's a reason why they were implemented in the first place. The game wasnt making money with just the subs and the mediocre stuff in the mp. I know my limits and what's reason able. I also know that I will never have a pheonix mat, void mat, or the new mat because I'm not willing to spend hundreds of dollars to obtain a style item and a 50 point feat.
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I did spend money on this one. :( I've been so good, but the flash and green arrow suit I really like. I have a bit of ingame cash as well. I think I opened like 80 team up TC. I did get the 1 rare collect for the material. I was gonna sell it, but my kid threw a fit. I'm keeping all the stuff on a alt. I'll be making some fat stacks this fall when I sell everything.
  3. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Sure game needs income but it's so frustrating that rewards are so rare and usually you pay for tons of useless stuff, they could add e.g. 10-25 replay badges to raise the value of the stabilizers, just something that matters to players, so if you don't get rare collection at least you can feel like you paid for something. Maybe they should add an extra currency for opening X amount of TCs and put rare items in MP, make them available for that currency only. You'd be able to get those items after opening 30-100 TCs. Right now it's a gamble and we know how much players love that.
    • Like x 4
  4. Roocck Committed Player

2 this month logged in to give away all my stuff....
    • Like x 1
  5. Saami Loyal Player

About 50 euros total and thats about 50 euros too much.
  6. xD25x Dedicated Player

This is something I have heard a few times and it would be a great idea. But.....
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

So ive spent $0. But i gotta ask ya how do ya know what amount of $ the game was making? How do ya know the game needs money? I ask because daybreak NEVER says anything like this, NEVER releases financial #s, and im not sure how any random customer would know this info much less even most daybreak employees. Yet over and over on here people seem to know the financial situation of the company. U can make a guess or assume. But i find it super weird when people on here claim they know this info and thats why im asking.
  8. ChillCat Loyal Player

9. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

It is not a guess to assume that daybreak needs money. It's a business, its job is to never stop making money.

daybreak ALWAYS needs money because thats how a business continues to exist.

It doesn't take a genius to know that DBG always needs money.

It's common sense.
  10. Pad New Player

AND with all this money i spent on capsules the SAMEDAY of release guess what i got? NOTHING!! couldn't even complete 1 collection set.:)

[IMG]
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

How much Did I spend? Not a single penny.

I'll pay for something that's guaranteed, not something that's finicky to get.
    • Like x 5
  12. Roocck Committed Player

Always complaining about the amount of money spent to play DC but yet refuse to do anything about it. if you think your spending to much do what some players like myself just cancel your sub. For me, it was the best thing I could of done... now i have $50-&100 plus a month in my wallet to do things i couldn't do before. Not only that but found another MMO which requires absolutely no money to play, if ONLY you wish to spend a little you can do so but not A MUST!! (You actually get what you pay for)..
  13. Backblock Well-Known Player

I didn't spend any real money on the team-up time capsules, thats what my ingame cash is for :rolleyes:
    I would like to thank everyone here for spending at least over $20 dollars to support this game and at least experiencing the adrenaline rushed hamster wheel ride which is opening up those TCs with your freshly purchased keys.

I guess the motto for the team-up capsules is "Your wallet will be gone in a flash! ;) "
    • Like x 1
  14. Pults Loyal Player

That skews the statistics, if you are against TCs in general you should not spend a dime on them. Daybreak not making money on subscription and actual in game goodies is on them. They made the judgement to introduce TCs that shredded ingame market, devalued almost all resources, distorted in-game skill point progression and turned away loyal paying customers. What remained are die-hard fans, gamblers and people with no better way to spend money, you pick under which category you fall in.
    • Like x 1
  15. Pults Loyal Player

[IMG]
  16. Pad New Player

Over 300 that's for sure..
  17. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

This thread reminded me to buy some stabilizers to open up some team-up tcs... running low on exobytes (too lazy to buy'rm off the AH) and ultimate soders. :rolleyes:
  18. Gimpy Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  19. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

That unexpected spawning of that oak tree.
    Riding fast down the streets of Gotham in the batmobile. Chugging ultimate soders 101%proof and tossing them out the window at thugs.
    Secretly testing serums. Downing ludes and needles dangling from my arms.
    Starros covered in booger sugar attaching themselves to my face.

...oak tree. The metallic hug that a car at unsafe velocities can only give an oak tree.
    damn ps3 rendering stuff late.
  20. Gimpy Loyal Player

Names for your alts,

Maximus Gasseous, FarticusSparkittus, Oderisiusbooticus :eek:
    • Like x 1