How is Anyone Competitive Anymore?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by phen0mena, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Spidersting Committed Player

There are a few ways to deal with this nonsense with the new mods and using CC effects. Not saying it will work everytime but the bads who depend on the crutches will get baited into stuff the pros wouldn't fall for and you can use that to your advantage. Unfortunately it usually results in a 20min match but at least you win by out cheesing the team. Things like explosive block and explosive breakout. On top of stuns like Sonic shout with empowered channeling or pulls and grounding effects all work very well for 2v2 when facing the pet spam provided you can actually target the player.

I have won a few matches vs this nonsense by just knocking players off the node long enough for me to cap it for a second or two. Doing this repeatedly will net you the win. It is slow and hardly anyone dies but you just outplay them. In deathmatch type fights like 5s or 8s this nonsense is just out of control. So many pets that targeting becomes very Difficult.
  2. recespieces31 New Player

close, but not quite...PvP= Pets vs Pets
  3. Saami Loyal Player

In EUPC pvp is still somewhat as good as before, atleast with/against older players. Personally i dont use other than tactical mods from dlc6 in pvp and im doing fine.
    Also pvp serums still arent widely used in EUPC which im personally happy, cos what ive read they ruin pvp rps system.
  4. HeavenSent New Player

not with me.
  5. TheHiddenFace New Player

PvP has become terrible ._.
    So many people are using henchmen that I've decided to use PvE gear in arenas over 4v4.... Just to avoid the pets (They hit harder than the actual players, btw)
  6. TheHiddenFace New Player

Also, one thing you can do if people summon crazy pets, is run away to single out the pets, kill them, then return to the player ;p
  7. Giggles Loyal Player

I would never use DCUO Arena and competitive in the same sentence lol. It has not been competitive since they implemented immunity. It kind of seems like it goes down hill even further with each couple updates/DLCs. Honestly, I have the same mentality you do Phen, I que have fun and don't care about a win or loss because so many things can skew the real results of who is actually the better player/players. It's become a game of the haves vs the have it's, sadly. I don't see it getting better any time soon either.