how i think an episode should feel

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PTFreeze, Apr 2, 2021.

1. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

why we are getting anytime just some small areas that called (openworlds) why we get only 2 styles with each update? why we get a copy and paste feeling

well i personally think we should get

a full map for each timeline not just areas...i mean why the dev dont add just stuff on a big map ? like our main gotham city cant they just take maps like that and put suff in is it really needed to give us a map that i just big enough to put there bountys and dailys foe one episode in?

also i think we get and over and under in the storylines we need a line not this oh now we do that and next episode we do other timeline

styles...if we got a episode we need ALL characters that was in that one with the matching gear...shouldnt be that hard to add them from time to time before we get next episode and miss the half of the chars

and btw we need even got many origin storys of our iconics ...but we got the few most popular ..should be enough right? NO all that chars got a story not just huntress bizzaro batman ...i feel like the name dcuo was the baddest idea for the name of this game

if i think about an Universe i think about a big space (at that case a big story tell of dc) not just a handful chars

sure all that will need time and thats ok for me bcs if an episode give us a very good story we dont wait after 2 weeks for the next one...

lets say it short i dont want an wanna be dc game i want that u guys finally do an DCUO

may some guys no say hey they work hard at all the suff ...yh they may do but at the wrong end the pay the most attention
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For starters we do get more than two styles per episode, or did you simply mean two sets of gear? Each episode we get a new set of event gear, an enhanced set of event gear, a set of vendor gear and a set of elite gear. We also receive a piece of Omnipotence gear and bonus rewards such as: hairstyles, auras, accessories, materials and last episode we got an extra set of slimlines. We are not lacking in styles each episode.

A large scale open world map is completely unnecessary for episode content. A sandbox open world only needs to be large enough to fit mission objectives and a capped population. Not to mention having multiple large maps would burn up memory on the older consoles.
    • Like x 6
  3. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

the styles ... i mean how many chars we got in dc we get now a heatwave style and an doomsday style i mean we talk about an timeline like flashpoint there i see the problem that we dont got many big choices to get styles how i say it best for me personaly its mr freeze witch i want a gear for other guys got there iconic fav char were they want a style for i mean we play an dc game the main point should be that they show what dc got in storage and not pick out 2 guys who get lucky and every other get an asskick

at that maps yh you get a point there may but older consoles..i mean ps4 ? dont think that ps3 is still supported and tbh the game isnt that big of an graphic highlight so i dont really see what in this game should burn up memory

im not an game creator myself so i can only say what i think but sometimes i feel our dlcs are very small
  4. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

For every player that asks for bigger and new open worlds, there is a player that asks for smaller/ reused ones. Because everyone wants something different. So the devs do what they can.

The Nintendo switch exists. So giant maps will not only slow load times down on all consoles but at some point, the switch is gonna explode if they keep pushing. So that alone is a memory issue I'd think. They can't build a different game for switch but I'm sure it is one of the bigger reasons for keeping things scaled to how they are vs going bigger. Let alone development time and resources/ costs.
    • Like x 2
  5. Brit Loyal Player

It is all about resource allocation. Making something bigger takes more time than making something small. Making new art resources takes more time than reusing existing models. Making three new style sets takes more time than making two new style sets.

In essence, making a larger Episode is fully possible, if you want to see something that has triple the content and triple the amount of work required as a normal Episode, then it will take triple the time and triple the money. That means instead of going 3-4 months between episodes, we would be getting one roughly once per year. For every player like you who wishes for something bigger, there is somebody else who gets bored if they're left waiting too long, who constantly wants something newer.

I get it. I've seen both sides. I strongly disliked the Legion episode because it only contained half the content I was accustomed to. I felt like there was very little to do, and I got bored very quickly because of a lack of content. I, too, wanted a larger Episode.

In contrast, I look at Episodes like Atlantis that had a huge new area filled with original art... and I realize that I very rarely return there because I have out-leveled it. There is a strong likelihood that if content was so big that it took forever for new stuff to come out (like World of Warcraft expansions, for example), then I would be so bored by the time something new did come out that I would end up taking a break for several months between each expansion.

It's probably a balancing act, trying to get as much done as they can, but knowing where to stop so that they can put content out in a timely manner.

Ultimately, every time they have broken from the traditional Episode format, it has resulted in an Episode that I typically enjoyed less. I hated Last Laugh. I didn't care for Home Turf. Even episodes like Riddled With Crime, where we got multiple Duos and Alerts as a trade-off for only getting one raid, felt a bit lackluster to me. And I have found Wonderverse and Legion to be boring as all get-out, only having one raid, and expecting us to instead walk in a circle around an open world area.

I guess I find myself in pretty much the exact opposite camp as you. What I want from an Episode is pretty simple.

- 2 Raids. One can be easy. One should be hard. There should be Elite versions of both.
    - 1 Alert.
    - 1 Duo OR 1 Challenge.
    - One small open world area for daily missions. Can be recycled, as long as it is flavored differently.
    - 3 or 4 Daily missions to complete in that open world.
    - 2 or 3 weekly missions to complete in that open world.
    - 2 or 3 open world bounties to complete in that open world, which can be completed with a group of 8 players at appropriate level.
    - 1 recycled style as the drop style for the greens and blues.
    - 1 NEW style based on the enemy for the episode for the dropped purple. (Enhanced Version dropping as tradable pieces from the subscriber box)
    - 1 NEW style based on the hero for the episode for the tier gear. (Enhanced Version tied to the Elite Renown on the vendor)
    - 1 cool, rare dropped item off the end boss from one of the raids, making them useful to farm even after finishing the gear. Make it tradable and attach a feat to it.
    - 1 OP item which is made following the crafting system of Wonderverse/Legion/JLD, and NOT based on Collections. If we are going to throttle the OP item based on terrible drop-rate Collections, then I would prefer to just have the finished item drop pre-completed at the same rarity as the rare piece.

That's it. Basically exactly what we have got for many of the Episodes. I don't see a reason to reinvent the wheel. When something works, keep doing it.
    • Like x 3
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Looking at the characters they showed in the upcoming episode we already have styles for:
    Cyborg
    Thomas Wayne's Batman
    Queen Diana
    Emperor Arthur
    Flash

We already have their style sets in the game. They showed Kid Flash and hinted we're getting his cowl and hairstyle.
    • Like x 2
  7. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

styles: cyborg,flash,queen diana they was in before allready cyborg and flash since the antimonitor...diana since this patchwork thing

lets come to aquaman well colors a chest belt and a scar are abit low to called a new style tbh

well we got a new heatwave style and an doomsday style thats very nice yh i mean this chars really needed it

but the point is i saw an gang grafity witch was make me think wow thats flashpoint mr freeze that it shows....will he finally get an make over?....well for what i see no...and thats my point here some styles cant be hard to re create like aquaman cyborg and that flash one

but flashpoint freeze is something new an challange to do the first and last time i ever saw mr freeze wearing an coat...but we just get the fan favs thats just sad

why im so upset well i would like to do what batman fans can do all day recreate styles of an iconic char problem is in the time were they was care about batman flash and other styles....again...and again the forgot that we got more chars in dcuo

i mean i run across the game to find matching parts for an style and still some like flashpoint style cant be done for my guy yh that makes me angry

and before someone says i care only about freeze nah that isnt true i like to see GOTHAM villianns again twoface scarecrow firefly
    azreal deathstroke ..sure not mutch was in flashpoint ...i mean that more like i wanna see them in a near future bcs that game gets a red line if it comes to chars and that shouldnt happen if u talk about dc games

but anyway the content him self
    this map why got an copy and paste feel mhm clea up walls from gang gravitys beat down joker scarecrow and freeze goons...mhm were i allready saw that oh right riddle and crime...this game runs out of fresh ideas i think sometimes

well ok it isnt all bad i will be fair i like the idea of elite duos very mutch....lets hope that isnt just another (experiment) that dont find his way in the future episodes
  8. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

That's Captain Cold, known as Citizen Cold in flashpoint. He's a good guy. Not Mr freeze related at all.
  9. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

u see that signature pic or that was mr freeze in flashpoint...he was killed from cpt cold in flashpoint ....but anyway not even Citizen Cold is in the Episode
  10. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  11. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I think the game sticks a little closer to movie lore than comic lore? Just thinking they're not really concentrating on anything that wasn't in the animated movie aka freeze may be in the actual comic storyline but has nothing to do with anything in this dlc. Citizen barely had involvement in the movie as is but at least he was mentioned. Don't think freeze was
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That Aquaman's Hands, Feet and Belt are rewards from the Atlantis episode, we don't need copies of an already existing style.
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Also wanted to point out that Mister Freeze is killed by Citizen Cold in Flashpoint. Our characters could arrive in the Flashpoint universe some time after this event which would help explain why they decided not to add him.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The recent changes we had seen were a direct result of the outcries on the forums and especially on social media for them to 1) "do something different. Tired of the same old thing." and 2) requests from people for a long time to have Open World Bosses like bounties and like the bosses we dealt with during the Hand of Fate episode. Thus Wonderverse/Legion was born.
  15. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

the point wasnt that i want an copy of styles the point is why aquaman gets that small change if it is nearly useless i mean like i say a diffrend color a scar and an chestbelt ...why they pay attention at such stuff i think just that there are chars who need real attention bcs they didnt even have new gears
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They adjusted that specific version of Aquaman because that's how he appears in the Flashpoint universe. That's how he is supposed to look.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

They paid attention to Aquaman because he's actually central to the story. If you had any knowledge of Flashpoint you would know that one of the biggest plot points about the alternate timeline was the war between Atlanteans and Themyscirans. Aquaman and Diana are their respective leaders. That's why they paid attention to those characters. Mr. Freeze was not an important part of that story, therefore there's no reason to focus on him.
    • Like x 1
  18. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

yh i get that point well for me i stop here i see what you try to say but that don make it mutch better i feel like the game only is made for a handful chars and thsi makes me sick isnt just that episode its about all no matter were u look you only see focus on some heroes and may sometimes if they are in the modd they do an rare villian nah sry like i say dc UNIVERSE online i mean here yes u may right he was just a small story but in the end this dosent matter bcs mr freeze was ever one of the underdogs here like many other

sure you can say there are so important cahrs like aquaman batman flash and all of them but tbh a hero is just a guy in speendex without his villians this game should just be renamed to dc heroes online bcs thats what it allready is

bye guys and have fun im done here at this point with this game
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Can I have your stuff? :)
    • Like x 2
  20. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I think the DCUO devs should really take a look at Elder Scrolls Online which offers real varied content with each new content and mainly their expansions which add a yearly storyline each year a new zone and large zone, content both raid and outdoor activity on the new map added, this is really what DCUO is missing, today, the current farm system of DCUO is nowadays an extremely boring system and not very motivating!
    • Like x 2