How Do You Run Your (mercy) Pet Builds?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by nanoUSB, Sep 13, 2023.

1. nanoUSB Well-Known Player

Heya fellow zookeepers!

With Mercy enabling any and everyone to run pet builds, I've been going ham and have been having a blast with it. So out of curiousity, I was wondering how other people run theirs~ be it battlerole or dps. Perhaps we can share ideas or nice loadouts with each other; like as I'll mention below I'm having a little trouble with one of mine at times, power-wise and even flow-wise, so maybe somebody has a good idea for it ^^

For example my Water toon:
    [IMG]
    I really like flow of it; Tsunami Strikes (tap tap) - Drown - Tsunami Strikes (tap tap) - Pet Power(s), rinse and repeat; very simple, good damage. Call of the Deep is best used on the Drowned because PAYBACK! :p

And for the battleheal version, depending on the group and instance, I'll usually replace Drown with either Prio Heal or the Pool or Bubble. At times I'll replace both Drown and the SC with two of the mentioned powers. Since Tsunami Strikes heals one target as well, it alone can sometimes be sufficient to heal through a whole instance, leaving more space for damage!

Another Example, my Rage toon:
    [IMG]
    Similar flow as the above - Dreadful Blast (hold hold), Pet Power(s), Dreadful Blast (hold hold) - Heat Vision, jump cancel once Dreadful Blast is off cooldown and repeat. Again, very simple and does good damage, however it is really power-hungry in the long run, because Dreadful Blast costs twice as much as Tsunami Strikes.

Soemtimes I'll replace Heat Vision with Channel Hate if the mobility and/or heals can be of use, however that eats through the power even worse! (always 300 vs 150-300 depending on when you cancel HV)
    For AoE I'll replace Heat Vision with Freezing Breath, you can weapon tap or jump or block out of it easily. However, it has a fairly long cooldown (6s) and if you get grounded out of it prematurely, it can leave you with a moment of nothing to do. :oops:

As for Celestial, I can't quite put Screenshots anymore since she's Water at the moment. I have some old Videos about it, but I'll start off with the explanation in case you don't care to watch them (10ish min and 30ish min). It's all Battleheal though since that's all I played at the time.

In short: Thanks to all the combos and the additional bless/curse effects, this power has quite a lot of options :D
    (I need to be descriptive for some powers since I always go by icon and never bothered to memorize a lot of power names)
    My standard loadout was SC Generator (nice little aoe stun around the target to start off and buy a little time), Death Mark (to combo into the explody shield) or Blessing (to combo into a HoT-on-kill), and Consume Soul or Wrath of the Presence to combo into the other. Wrath into Consume would be better AoE damage and a great aoe pull as well in low-dom instances, but the heal over time would be delayed quite a bit, so it was always something to consider. On the other hand, Consume into Wrath is the go-to choice for ST, I think~
    Then in 4-man content, I usually dropped the SC Generator with an SC, that's Cursed Idol for AoE and Neo Venom for boss fights. but ran Blessing into Death Mark more often than the other way around. Or if necessary I'd drop SC/SC Generator for Prio Heal. Honestly never ran it in 8-man content since I was still getting used to the flow of it.

In general though, it could get very power-hungry as well since you wanna spam the combos for both damage and heals, so probably a good idea to keep your Soder and Supply ready :D

Celestial Videos, if you care:

Now I'd be curious how you folks play your zookeepers. I find it really fun despite or perhaps actually because you have only half a loadout to juggle :D
    • Like x 3
  2. Grip Committed Player

Thoughts from a Mercy pet build outsider... thanks for sharing your process; they look innovative, productive and fun. Haven't finished the vids yet but I look forward to it. You're clearly 300% less miserable than what's becoming the norm :) Nice post
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I love it and on my mental character I run it with his boo belt plus Quizy and robot sidekick. The power drain is REAL I do plan to work on my grim again to get it back up to rank 200 and that bonus so that way my robot won't drain any power. I have quizy, Source shard and Mercy all maxed and with my boo belt this combo is dangerously powerful but the power drain is no joke. I have to switch most times to my main dps build just to keep the power drain at bay but it is hella fun watching adds melt and bosses try to hit my pets with shields on them lol.

I do admit I am trying out my old battle troll build with bop maxed and giving my pets constant power muahahaha hehehehe oh so much fun thank you devs for this sweet treat.