How do you REALISTICALLY get the most artifact xp outside of bonus weekends?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bruceleroy98, Sep 27, 2021.

1. bruceleroy98 Active Player

I've never participated in Nth metal bonus weekends, but what realistic methods do you all (the community) employ to level up your arts without depending on those weekends?

Also, how much xp do you earn generally when you employ your particular method?

Thanks in advance everyone.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

There's no way to really speed up your farming of Nth Metal outside of what the game permits, because it realistically seems to be on timers.

The only realistic ways to increase your yields are either through increasing your play time or spending real money.

What you really want to be doing is.

• Using Nth Metal Detectors as frequently as possible
    • Purchasing Nth Metal where desirable from the broker - if its cheap enough, try to never spend more than 1mil per 1,000Nth Metal
    • Keep as active as possible by either killing mobs or collecting nodes so as to ensure Nth Metal drops are as frequent as possible
    • Make sure you're logging in 21 days a month and collecting your daily rewards
    • Purchase Nth Metal from the marketplace - might want to do this when on sale
    • Purchase Nth Metal from the Fate vendor using Destiny Tokens
    • Take advantage whenever possible of both increased Nth Metal bonus weeks and Bonus Artifact XP weeks.
    • Buy a membership so you get 50% more.
    • Like x 9
  3. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

^ that's pretty much the entire thing in a nutshell.

Also, if you're going to recycle Artifacts, do it during the 2x XP week - that's the only time to get an even return on your XP, though you'll need Catalysts and Seals to raise the new Artifact to the current Artifact's level.
    • Like x 2
  4. IonHero Committed Player

Doomsday in "World of Flashpoint" also drops Nth Metal, although I don't know if it would be worth farming time-wise.
    (During the anniversary event the 3 world bounties also dropped nth)
  5. bruceleroy98 Active Player

Thanks for keeping it real everyone.

I've been getting measly yields from solos (about 1600 xp or so per instance).

Other than doomsday, are there any other lucrative nth metal spots I can run i.e. I ran the artifact cache mission for BoP last night for the 1st time and it got me a bound something something nth metal worth about 12500 xp.

Can I rerun that and get more or other missions that give nice bonuses like that??
    • Like x 1
  6. bruceleroy98 Active Player

And I use detectors as well.
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You can't run the arti mission over again on the same toon, but can run it on a new toon.....but the XP that drops there is untradable....soooooo. No point doing so really.

And Nth drops on a timer. So solo, OW missions, raids, event....doesn't matter, just keep doing one of those things and you'll get Nth. Or pick up an exo or collection if you are a pacifist.

Other than the 'pay' things you can do like subbing or using Nth detectors, the biggest thing I can say for a 'tip', and mentioned by Proxy above, is stay active. I know people who will spend hours decorating, playing dress up or just standing around chatting....if you are doing that pop into something every 10 min or so, kill a mob, and collect the Nth that's there. Those drops don't build up over the hours you might be doing nothing to trigger a drop.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The only enemies that will not drop Nth Metal are enemies whose health can not be dropped to zero (mission enemies you have to restrain for example). You can farm Nth Metal and Exo-Material at the same time, exo-nodes can drop Nth Metal.
    • Like x 1