How do you keep up with alts?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I run 10 endgame (276+) toons through the daily external stuff every day, the duo and sometimes the alert. Raids are hit or miss on about 6 of those, or they get event runs. Another 4 or 5 event level toons I go through the open world Nth Metal golem and the 4 day mission for who ever it is that week to get the extra 8 marks....and of course vault when it's up (some are on premium accounts). Those extra accounts are for mark farming only to buy the shiny items for feats.

It is a grind to be sure, but with the exception of the alert and raids (which can turn into a crapfest if pugged), repetition usually pays off in speedier runs. I've got the outdoor missions down to about 3 or 4 min unless I pull 'cure' 'boom tubes' and 'gather rings', which are the 3 missions that have little to no overlap and you can't shield your way through the fight and just grab the objective, and the metal 1 solo (which I still run on 6 toons a day) I can get done in about 7 min now (6 min 15 sec is my record).

But for all but my main, I don't worry about OP stuff (ok...most had the back from JLD because it was easy), elite gear, or artis above 120. They get level 23 augments, but only after my main. I do know some people who have all that stuff on a dozen toons and they are spending a ton of money to get there...I'll grind out some time, but I'm unwilling to spend the money on alts past making them viable for end game reg raids/alerts.

For the most part, it's manageable, but during seasonal/limited time events...it's way worse. I ran 32 toons through Anti-monitor stuff and it was a nightmare (of my own making). I'm looking forward to the window between St. Pattys and the Spring seasonal and hope BoP will land in that timeframe so I can maybe enjoy it a bit. Haven't been able to enjoy Metal 1 or 2 with the back to back to back seasonals.

Reinheld
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I play 4 characters, I will do everything on all 4 until I get full gear with weapon, rings, neck, face, trinket, and ut belt, Once I complete that for one role, and use purple for the second. Then I may stop running the raids unless it's double weekend. But for metal one, I stop running the solo. For metal 2 I stop running the duo, I didn't find it was worth getting 3 chances of gear but only 1 mark. Then it takes about 10-15 minutes depending on the partner to complete it. The alert itself is just as long as the duo.
  3. TurbulenceB New Player

I Dont anymore. I have one alt and he is my regular gear chaser. He may get a few elite pieces near the end of the dlc.
  4. BSEison Well-Known Player

I only really "worry" about trying to fully level my main as highly as possible and even then there are a ton of feats I am never going to get because the grind for them takes the enjoyment out of actually playing the content for me.

I have created a bunch of characters and still have a few alts to try different looks, powers, etc on characters without constantly buying respec tokens. When I like one enough to keep it, I will try to eventually level it up somewhat, how much usually depends on how much I actually enjoying playing them. With some I just mainly play the seasonal stuff and decorate their bases and fun stuff like that and skip most of the main story grind altogether.