How do i record gameplay on Ps3?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by xoCiaraxo, May 18, 2013.

1. xoCiaraxo New Player

Eh , i dont have a dazzlers, any otherways? without buying anything. Thanks. o;
    • Like x 1
  2. Im Charlie New Player

You could always do the infamous cellphone/video camera option, but without dropping around $150ish on capturing equipment all your footage would be terrible quality.
  3. Psych E New Player

It's Dazzle. ;)

Do you have a personal computer with a capture capability? That would be the way to go without a purchase. Cables of course are needed.
  4. Faust74 Loyal Player

If you want high quality video, you are going to have to buy a capture card, no other way around it. You don't have to buy top quality, there are a few out there that are around 50 bucks.
  5. xoCiaraxo New Player

I have a laptop ;p
    • Like x 1
  6. Bloodartist New Player

This isn't even much of an option on PS3 afaik, since sony decided to encrypt ALL signals coming out of the PS3, as opposed to just when watching movies (like it is on XBOX).

I'm not sure how up to date this is, but check this article out.
  7. Sore Steadfast Player

My understanding is that the HDMI signal is encrypted but the Component signal isn't.
  8. Tule New Player

I use Elgato. But, Im guessing from previous posts about encryption, you have to watch it in Standard Def as it records in HD. Standard Def on DCUO is awful. Can't read the boxes, everything is blurry, major close up on character. Just not worth it when it comes to DCUO.
  9. xoCiaraxo New Player

What do you
    mean?
    • Like x 1
  10. MercPony Devoted Player

11. Psych E New Player

Cheap Option A || Good Option B

Mind you're not going to get 1080p out of it. But honestly with your criteria you are going Price vs Quality. Capture devices can run a little expensive. I have a Dazzle and have NEVER used that piece of **** ever.

If you have a digital cam you might be able to use that as your capture device and then import into your editor of choice as well.
  12. Psych E New Player

I don't understand the question. Are you asking if I am mean... If so, yes I am.