How about some Lobo love?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Bourne4red, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

7 years in and no sign of the main man yet...

How about a seasonal event with some styles from the big bastiche, like chain (& hook) weapons (could base some animations on rage moves?) and Dawg (as with Krypto)?
    • Like x 5
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Well I mean you do get his hoodie in the vault, so I suppose there's at least a sign that he exists.
    • Like x 2
  3. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

Yes but I’m hopeful for a little more...
    • Like x 1
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Careful on asking for that, DC might insist on this guy....

[IMG]
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lobo needs a 2 month major event.
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Players have been asking for that .. seems like forever. Not sure if there is some issue with doing it that prevents them from giving it to us or not. Keep in mind how long it too to get DC to finally give permission to allow them to give us a green aura.. And that was just an addition to your armor to make you glow. MAYBE for god knows what reason DC/Warner doesn't want us to have Lobo in game? WHY? I have no clue.

But then going back to that green aura... The ONLY reason i can think of for holding off on permission to have them in game was the fact that Green Lanterns glow green when they have their protective shield on. And that leaves you scratching your head because they allowed the power set (Hard Light) which immediately led to a ton of Green Lantern and Sinestro characters in game not to mention the War of the Rings story line in game.

Could happen some day but ONLY the Daybreak lawyers may have a clue exactly when .
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It was equally odd that they had the Golden aura among the initial batch of auras, which worked pretty well for villain Light players.

Two possible reasons I can think of: 1) At the time, Lanterns and Lantern-based stories in DC were hot and bringing in a good amount of positive press and cash. It may be that DC was simply feeling overprotective of Lantern stuff, especially Green Lanterns, and said "no" to protect their investment.

2) A Green aura would have made it easier for players to copy the look of Fire in the game, so DC said "no."

After dealing with two licensed games, I learned that the decisions of the license holder can and will be completely arbitrary at times and don't have to make a lick of sense to us, so I just learned to roll with it. :D Fortunately in the case of the green auras they changed their minds, but it is best to keep in mind that the decisions of the license holders are theirs to make, for whatever reason they feel is necessary.
    • Like x 2
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

I do like the tactical feel to the armor of this version but yeah lol, we need the REAL Lobo to make an entrance.
    • Like x 2
  9. TheCMS Well-Known Player

Im all for adding characters that don't have much presence in-game. Still waiting the 2000s titans to show up as a group. Kid Devil, Ravager etc.
    • Like x 1
  10. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why DO people hate the New 52 Lobo that much? Did he have a different personality to the original, or is it literally just because he discovered grooming?
  11. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

One of these guys is the baddest bastiche in the galaxy...the other one looks like some generic high-tech bounty hunter who just happens to be named Lobo. In fact, New 52 Lobo looks like he would actually be the original's unwanted son.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Lobo is suppose to look like a biker. Not a member of a Goth boy band.

He's suppose to look like he's on roid rage not Ridlin.
    • Like x 4
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Exactly. Lobo did not need to be redone to look emo.
    • Like x 2
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This has been on my Xmas list for years. Since they came out with a random Starro event last year. I think anything is possible.

The game is to pretty right now. Needs some dirt and grit.

If nothing else, watch the original opening to the game. See how violent, and awesome, it is. We need more of that.
    • Like x 2
  15. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

But then he did start out life like this...

[IMG]

Safe to say though the Grant/Bisley version is the Gospel...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

I think he’s been retconned out, or at least bottled by Brainiac, where Hal Jordan told Guy Gardner to leave him.
    • Like x 1
  17. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

He killed all his children in Lobo: Infanticide so clearly this is an imposter...
    • Like x 1
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Agreed maybe it is just because my first dealing with Lobo was the Justice League animated TV show and I loved the way the character was drawn and the way he was portrayed by Brad Garret. Now the guy on the right? Look a lot less like a fearsome intergalactic bounty hunter and more like he could be playing bass and singing back up with Sting and the Police. LOL Sorry he just does.. even has a similar hair cut....

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

among other things i want him to be a top tier open world bounty along with a couple of other Superman villains: Titano, Mongul, and a Toyman driven giant killer robot toy. Bring us back outside.
  20. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

dont worry, it seems like DC are promoting Rebirth instead of New 52.. so we probably is going to get this guy instead.. still not as awesome looking as the original one... but at least he dont look as terrible as the new 52 lobo...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1