Not A Bug House of Legends Bot - Passive Not Activating On Most Powers

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by OneEyedLobo, Oct 28, 2021.

1. OneEyedLobo New Player

TLDR: Power Thief passive does not activate on all abilities that "stun" enemies, instead only activates on very specific ones, rendering it useless for some power sets.
    ~Abilities that proc Power Thief:
    Rage - None
    Mental - Psychic Shock, Mass Terror, Terror Tendrils, Telekinetic Pull
    Nature - Voracious Plants, Harvest, Serpent Call

There seems to be a very specific tag within the game as to what a "stun" is and that either needs to be clarified or added to more powers so people don't level up this only to find out it doesn't work, especially after it received the 30s cooldown nerf. Some contradictions that I found are things like: Telekinetic Pull which is strictly a pull works for some reason, however Vine Lash (nature's pull) and Ragebringer (rage's pull) do not. Voracious Plants which simply knocks down the target works, but Rage's Without Mercy, Outrage, Revenge, Violence, etc. and Mental's Mass Levitation which "stun" or knock down the target get nothing back.

I leveled this ally fully on the live version for my Rage tank, since it was cheap to level and I figured it'd be a nice supplement to his power whenever I was spamming Without Mercy (which pulls and stuns the targets), only to realize that it did not activate on any ability whatsoever for Rage. I feel there should be more transparency than this in regards to Allies abilities and descriptions that simply the word "stun" when we don't have a tag for that in game. I only main three powers so above are my findings on those, if anyone else has any input from their powers feel free to add them.
    • Like x 2
  2. Bipolar Diva Well-Known Player

Bump.
    • Like x 1
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

A stun power literally has the word "Stunned" flash on the target when it's used. There's no mistaking what is or what isn't a stun.
    [IMG]

Rage has no powers that stun. Without Mercy is not a pull & stun, it is a pull & knock down. WM pulls the enemy in, flings them up in the air, then leaves them on the ground. Knock Down or Juggle or whatever else players call it =/= Stun.

But fret not because Power Thief also works with weapon attack stuns AND consumable stuns! For example, Brawling's Double Fist and Martial Art's Shuriken Storm stun and proc Power Thief. And quite amazingly, using a Chronometric Emitter also grants power back. It's already common advice, but even more so, keep a stack of Chronos on your Rage tank.
    • Like x 1
  4. stärnbock Devoted Player

thank you for the information, i was just about to ask if weapon stuns would count for that matter ^^