Dev Discussion Homecoming Seasonal (Alert & Titans Island Open World)

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by JackFrost, Sep 8, 2022.

1. OmnipotenceOne New Player

- Feedback -

Positives:

- Some of the NPC characters look great, super cool seeing them all together and the continued work on improving select characters is appreciated.

- Open world minigames are a nice change of pace and strike the right balance of fun and feat difficulty in the context of seasonals.

- I like the Alert and it's a fun quick little addition to the seasonal alerts. Not too hard but just the right of engagement being it's a seasonal.

Constructive Criticism:

- Would love to have seen a unique area for this new seasonal or a little bit more added to it's current location to match the significance of it being a brand new seasonal.

- Rewards and drops. The rewards might be the most disappointing aspect of the new seasonal. The base items are almost entirely variants of small base items. We have a couple nice pieces but again, considering this is a brand new event, it's extremely lacking in creative quality and quantity both.

- Replayability and instance fatigue is what plagues some of the older seasonals. With this new theme, I think the opportunity is there to plan for variety in future years. More minigames can be introduced and this one can be the standard for engaging seasonals moving forward with some tweaks and planning.

Thanks again for the content.
  2. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Just realized… the Titans that run each of the carnival games are (most of) the same ones hanging out on top of Titans Tower that aren’t quest givers or Dick and Donna being right in a convo with Star herself. Aqualad, Blue Beetle, Beast Boy, Static. Wonder what sorts of carnival games the others would be running if they got their own. Def something involving beating something up or like that throwing baseballs at bottles thing for Damian. Maybe the hammer strike game or whatever the **** it’s called for Cass and/or Superboy. Carnivals aren’t exactly the same as circuses, but Dick would have a ******* field day if he got to run one. Actually….. this whole thing might have been his idea, especially since he does an on and off relationship with Star. Dick be like “how do I cheer someone up? CIRCUS! It’s what I know best!” (Ok new head canon lmao) No idea for a game for Donna, tbh. Basically any classic carnival game would fit Dick, though. Especially something like balloon animals, magic show, or those squirt gun games. But Donna’s a little harder without just going to the same thing as Cass.
  3. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

I've already bought the base items. For a feat so small, u may as well but them.
  4. MchaelAceHunter Well-Known Player

Oh cmon, if this is true, really ain't fair. Trying to get Komand'r war and trade collection piece item from teen titans....in space collection
    And I hear it's only droppable in the alert? I'm on switch man. U know how likely it is in the EU server to get in as many
    Heck, the anniversary raid is worse on the switch as it is
  5. Bowieite Active Player

Personally, I find this seasonal as boring as a drive through Cardiff. I ran it once, and that is more than enough for me.
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Scooch Your Booty does not register when I get all the green squares without touching a red square. I have done so twice. The last time was super easy since all the squares lined up for me, and yet I still didn't get it. I never jumped, never missed the green square, and yet I received no credit in the feat list.

I may try again next year if/when the kinks have been worked out. The seasonal isn't worth my time if it doesn't register events correctly.
  7. SppeMtoN Active Player

I DUNNO MAYBE FIX THE SHARED BANK...?
  8. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

some notes
    1) ppl phasing into your minigame..had a perfect run..but my uninvited guest didn't (not purposely..but that's another crowd / issue)..so I didn't get the perfect game feat (they got zapped)
    2) end date? trying to plan around what marks are possible...
    3) Blackfire really needs the bunny slippers in her walk in cutscene..j/s
    4) One of the rescued npc's states, 'this'll be the last time I swear'..well given the hostile universe you live in..I think its ok if u swear, mate ;)
    5) sliding around on the squares while in superspeed..luckily it settles down..but I've noticed this on my one s/s toon..sliding on teleport pads
  9. Reluctant Well-Known Player

ok, thanks
  10. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Wasn't sure where else to put this as it's just regarding a tooltip pop up typo and this thread looked like the best option

The Confetti Aura is only obtainable through completing the collection, but the hover over tool tip says it is purchasable with "25x Seed Pods". If it were purchasable, it would be with tickets, not pods. I don't recall seeing a purchasable one, though it is possible I just missed it.

I have an image of it, but I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to post.
  11. Amoxin Well-Known Player

Have run into this glitch twice now where a hallway mob either spawns in the wall/under the floor or gets knocked there making the instance impossible to complete.

Don't know if anyone else has had it happen or not, or if t here is really any point in addressing it now since it is almost over. But it just happened a few minutes ago and the other time was the other night and I've not had any issue previously.