Hold Weapon Attack Bars Not Displaying

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Flightboy New Player

Hello Everyone,

I know this may be moved into the Bug Section, but I wanted to address an issue in gameplay and see if any of you on all servers are experiencing this issue.

*** I've only had this issue inside PVE instances (Open - World and Closed Instances) ***

I utilize the Dual Wield hold charge into the Bow Explosive Shot Weapon Mastery.

Sometimes the hold charge bar for both are not displaying at all. Sometimes when doing the initial hold charge with the Dual Wield it will not display the hold charge bar and will cancel the Weapon Mastery portion of the Second Hold.

This makes it very difficult to know when to properly finish the WM combo with any power.

I have troubleshot this by disconnecting, switching characters, and doing a hard reset on my system. Sometimes these troubleshoots work, sometimes they do not.

I am just curious if this has something to with the recent freeze frames all of us have been experiencing. Please keep in mind I am not having freeze frames when my hold bar is not displaying.

Also note, I have never had this issue in the past.

My question to you all is whether or not this is happening to just me on USPS(4) or is this effecting everyone.

Thanks for reading! Best of luck!!! :D

-Flight
  2. Little Sister New Player

I use HB -> Explosive shot on my DPS and I just checked, they are loading for me. I'm on a PS3 right now.
    • Like x 1
  3. Colossi New Player

This happens a lot more than it should. One time it happened pretty much the entire day no matter how much I rebooted the game or turned off the system. It seems to happen usually only a raid or two though. Sometimes it will give a false glimmer of hope and give me a bar or two but then it just stops.

But it is really annoying. I'm on a PS4 btw and use dw.
    • Like x 1
  4. Flightboy New Player

I'm glad it's not happening to you Sis! It doesn't always happen to me, but when it does it makes me wanna HULK SMASH things lol :D
  5. Flightboy New Player

Thanks for your input. Connections Im making so far is Dual Wield and PS4 :(
  6. King Felsa New Player

It's lag. I get it sometimes on PC, and I don't have the freeze frame issue a lot of people are having. I haven't gotten the invisible cast bar problem in a while though.

The WM crit lines up with the animation, so if you use that to time your clips, you won't need to rely on the cast bar.
    • Like x 1
  7. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I've seen this before as well. Sometimes it shows but it's literally like a split second reaction. I got told I have lag. Actually I get told that a lot, but I never notice the game slowing down unless I'm in some sort of combat. Oh well.
    • Like x 1
  8. Flightboy New Player

Yeah, I kind of do that already. I'm hoping it's just server like you're saying. It's just a drag when it completely cancels the second portion of my WM combo ya know?
  9. Flightboy New Player

I'm guessing instance / server because outside of it Im gtg...
    • Like x 1