HL's First AM

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lernik, Nov 15, 2016.

1. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

I'm in no way an expert on Hard Light, so I could be wrong, but I think this is what you're talking about.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...dvanced-mechanics.227706/page-10#post-2945851
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta796th Loyal Player

3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Two quick things.

1.) The best way to maximize the damage from Chompers, Recharge, Inspiration prior to a AM sequence is use Recharge before Inspiration not after. Recharge's flat 62 precision gain, if used prior to Inspiration, will net you a tiny amount of extra precision with Inspiration since it is a percentage based buff [15% increase] and not a flat stat buff.

2.) It is a bit more than just a 8% increase in damage. You are looking at an automatic 15% precision increase and on top of that Inspiration gives all Weapon/Construct attacks a 10% critical attack chance buff for that 12 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  4. Delta796th Loyal Player

Thanks, I put those backwards. As for the increase I'm just using the average I saw.
    Hard to run a sales meeting and do this at the same time!!!

The odd thing, is that even after you show people the difference they don't believe you:confused:
    • Like x 1
  5. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Back, took longer than expected. Was supposed to just get a haircut, but apparently my mom had to stop by 4 different places to get business supplies first -_-

Read the post and I have the following comments:

1. It states the following:
    "In the future, we also want all powers to be able to be played at the “awesome” level, utilizing specific mechanics within each power to perform at a higher potential than they could otherwise. Currently and in GU36, this will be the case for Light, Celestial, and Rage, when players utilize those powers' combo mechanics. There is increased risk in successfully playing this way (i.e. getting interrupted or failing to perform the combo), and therefore there is modestly increased reward in the form of higher potential results."
    Utilizing specific mechanics -> utilizing those powers' combo mechanics -> there is increased risk in successfully playing way (interruption etc.).

That does not sound like the Dazing PI is the AM, given there is no risk or interruption or failing of a PI activating. That sounds like the AM is combo based.

2. "This does mean when Game Update 36 launches that Light, Celestial, and Rage – performing at the “awesome” level – will be the powers with the most potential, but this is not our long term intent."

So the 3 powers that don't have just regular abilities but instead have combos are performing at the awesome level.

"When Amazon Fury Part I launches with Weapon Mastery, all powers will have the same opportunity to achieve this level of potential, and later all powers will have a second option and way to reach that "awesome" level as well."

So WM will be another way to reach awesome level in addition to at that current point.

So my argument is the following:
    Inside of the GU36 notes, Gadgets had several PI's added, Light had several PI's added.

Question 1: Was gadgets' dazed and frostbitten/electried PI's counted as AM damage as well? (answer is no I'm assuming)

Question 2: If I remember right, Celestial doesn't have a PI. All 3 have combos, rage has as PI, Light has a PI, Celestial doesn't. How would celestial be classified as performing on the same awesome level from a mechanic stand point when it's lacking a PI? As stated in last celestial update, I believe celestial AM's was through celestial combos. If combos was the "gatekey" for achieving awesome level damage, then HL would've reached that tier without having the PI. The PI would increase HL's damage none the less, but is not what makes it fall under awesome level originally.

Question 3: I looked up videos from HL and even after GU36, people were still using combos consistently and rarely using the PI like that, their rotations were focused on the hl combos and not the PI. When WM came out, people used WM which is the alternative awesome damage. When GU41 hit which added power back, people went back to clipping rotations and used the PI.In terms of reaching awesome level, I want to say this happening:
    GU36 - HL short combos used to reach awesome level, PI added but not used repeatedly throughout rotations
    WM added - WM + HL short combos + PI used to reach awesome level
    GU41 - HL short combos + PI used repeatedly throughout rotations to reach awesome level (pi replaces wm)
    Last HL update - HL infinite combos used to reach awesome level
  6. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

None of what was said in the notes that were posted points to them saying something along of the lines of:
    "HL needs a power mechanic to reach awesome level, let's give it a Dazed PI and that'll be it."

I'm not seeing it in the notes nor the rotations that the PI was a centerpiece for reaching awesome level until after GU41 when it became coupled with power return.
  7. Delta796th Loyal Player

I think the short answer would be "tinkering"

Originally the 3 top powers of Light, Rage and Celestial being played at maximum level were what the devs wanted other powers were striving to get to in damage capability. Celestial is different in that it has a buff (can't speak for rage) and at the time HL did not have Insp.

Light specifically was falling behind hence the buff to the PI interactions. During the revamp Insp kinda came out of left field, during the revamp and even during last revamp was problematic (during intitial testing you could constantly re apply the PI and Insp buff and was performing over 30% over the numbers they wanted) that's why using any tray power instantly ends AM.

Question 1: Was gadgets' dazed and frostbitten/electried PI's counted as AM damage as well? (answer is no I'm assuming)
    I can't answer this as i hate Batman, therefore I hate his powerset and will never play it :)
    Question 2: If I remember right, Celestial doesn't have a PI. All 3 have combos, rage has as PI, Light has a PI, Celestial doesn't. How would celestial be classified as performing on the same awesome level from a mechanic stand point when it's lacking a PI? When Celestial first cam out and specifically at this time it was a top power none the less. As I mentioned earlier, like all healing powers it has a buff, where as HL did not. l As stated in last celestial update, I believe celestial AM's was through celestial combos. If combos was the "gatekey" for achieving awesome level damage, then HL would've reached that tier without having the PI. The PI would increase HL's damage none the less, but is not what makes it fall under awesome level originally.

Question 3: I looked up videos from HL and even after GU36, people were still using combos consistently and rarely using the PI like that, their rotations were focused on the hl combos and not the PI. When WM came out, people used WM which is the alternative awesome damage. When GU41 hit which added power back, people went back to clipping rotations and used the PI.In terms of reaching awesome level, I want to say this happening:
    GU36 - HL short combos used to reach awesome level, PI added but not used repeatedly throughout rotations
    WM added - WM + HL short combos + PI used to reach awesome level
    GU41 - HL short combos + PI used repeatedly throughout rotations to reach awesome level (pi replaces wm)
    Last HL update - HL infinite combos used to reach awesome level

Anything during the middle between the 2 revamps In my mind is of no matter. Light at that time no matter what you did, was simply bad. I really only look at light pre gu36 - first revamp and now past last revamp, All the other times falls under "tinkering"
  8. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

@BatmanComment LOL I hate batman too but I love tech and battle drone, my baby T_T

@CelestialComment In the last celestial update, they stated that those buffs weren't a part of the Celestial AM, so even after HL got a "buff" in the form of a PI, wouldn't it similar not be a part of the AM as well? Wouldn't the ability to combo be their "awesome mechanic" that puts them in that highest level of play originally, and the buffs just make them stronger? That combos are the higher risk higher reward for awesome play that Spytle outlined in the thread you linked earlier.

@HLTimelineComment No comment lol
  9. Delta796th Loyal Player

10. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Wouldn't the ability to combo be their "awesome mechanic" Yes
    HL, Celestial Rage are all Combo AM.

2 Possible Routes Now:

Route1 (Dazed PI is not an AM at this time):
    - Dazed PI was added to the AM during GU41 when it was given the power return mechanic to sustain high damage
    - Dazed AM then includes the previously implemented Dazed PI and the power return mechanic.
    - Power return mechanic has been removed from the game.
    - Therefore the Dazed AM system no longer exists.
    - We are left with just the Dazed PI that was not considered an AM at the time of GU36-GU40.

Route2 (Dazed PI is also considered to be a separate AM at this time):
    - I would want to know where this is stated as it is not inferred through the GU36 and Balancing DCUO thread by Spytle where AM is outlined in it's purpose and description. Combo'ing being an AM before and during and after GU36 can be inferred in the statement "Currently and in GU36, this will be the case for Light, Celestial, and Rage, when players utilize those powers' combo mechanics." I do not see a similar statement where the Dazed PI is stated to be a secondary AM or the foundation for a secondary AM or something along those lines. A quote saying the purpose of adding the Dazed PI to HL would be helpful before proceeding.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

Who cares? AM is getting removed anyway
    • Like x 1
  12. Delta796th Loyal Player

Yeah, sometime next year
    Still guessing it's gonna be over 4 months away
  13. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Because the original context was pvp. He wants to say the Dazing PI that was implemented way back in GU36 is causing "AM Damage". That the Dazing AM power return was taken away but the AM damage remains.
  14. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

as a sidenote on Route2:
    I think the Dazed PI was added in GU36 in preparation for WM because that's how rotations worked. You set up the pi, hit wm, hit an instant power that benefited from that pi. If it was added as an AM, I would like to know how and why.
  15. Lernik New Player

Nope it was setup to be its first AM. The community was outraged by it. That is why HL went through so many revisions.
  16. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

As said before, find a post stating that instead of being thick headed. I can find posts and quotes to support what I say, you haven't.
  17. Lernik New Player

I don't need to honestly. Look for it. I have more pressing matters. I am trying to get the attention to the devs about something extremely game breaking. If you want people walking around doing something like the armory glitch from years ago, I will look. Other than that I'd wait.
  18. HoiiowDreamz Dedicated Player

Wait so let me get this straight. You said Chompers was HL's 2nd AM. Got proved wrong. Changed your statement to Dazing PI was HL's 2nd AM. You want to argue up and down under my youtube comments and only show notes from GU41 instead of GU36 when the Dazing PI was implemented. You want to bring the argument to the forums and have 3rd parties get involved where we're exchanging technicalities and dev quotes and threads linking proof. But when it gets to providing proof of HL having 2 AM's instead of 1 during GU36, you have more pressing matters?
  19. Lernik New Player

I said dazing PI from the get go. You just were being a pest by cursing me out. I am working on videos right now.
  20. Delta796th Loyal Player

You'd have to ask Tunso that. I have asked the development team other Light specific questions and they have never been able to give definitive answer.

He's gone now, but you can find him screwing up another game here!
    http://www.crowfall.com/en/team/

MARK HALASH | SENIOR GAME DESIGNER
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1