HL DPS... weapon

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by spony, May 20, 2013.

1. spony New Player

hello

i have read a lot of threads and informations on the web about HL DPS and i am a little bit confused - as I understand rifle is best choice for pve and brawling for pvp ? am I correct - and whatever i choose I should only use the HL combos not the weapon - am I correct ?

thanks for help in advance!
  2. Delta795 New Player

3. Zur-En-Arrh28 New Player

I can give some advise here.

in PVE - Rifle is best for all Ranged Content and Brawling is best for anything you can melee. And yes, you will be mostly be using your constructs.

in PVP - I think it's a little more open. Brawling is probably best (same reason as PVE) unless you're very comfortable with another weapon.

You gotta check out Omaar's guide! yes it's 187 pages long. But the first page will have almost everything you need to know to HL DPS .

*The reason Brawlers is the best. (Copied from Omaar's guide)
    BRAWLING is the best for the following reasons:
    - strongest tap triangle between tested melee
    - best weapon for regenerating power because of the low power regeneration tier number.
  4. KemistiOMG Committed Player

the only reason to rifle-brawling is that if you hit phantom triangle those two have the most powerful range tap hits
  5. Octantis New Player

I equipped a Brawling weapon and never executed a single actual weapon combo; all I did was construct combos, and it was awesome :)
  6. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Not really the only reason just one of the reasons. Brawl is preferable due to lowest hit count for higher tier regen. Rifle is great AE ranged due to splitting. DW/2h are right there as far as the range taps go but brawl has the power regen capabilities. And any melee weapon at range gives the increased crit mod and still able to perform the range attacks at basically the same level, except less AE than the rifle.