HL AM VS Quantum and other powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by boredbean, Mar 23, 2015.

1. boredbean Level 30

Hi,
    I'm really enjoying HL with their new AM. I was curious, I heard how quantum and celestial are the new top dogs, but, how far ahead are they compared to HL? I just want to make sure that I don't invest too much into a powerset that will get me excluded from content as I try to gear up. Basically, can I compete with quantum and celestial as a hardlight player? :D
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You can compete with a Celestial and Quantum player. Though don't expect to be ahead of them.
  3. Infamous Hacker Active Player

there are alot of videos comparing the powers on youtube. check there. they confirm quantum, celes, and soon munitions are the best
  4. Sionn Committed Player

From what I've seen, you better outgear them, and have 200+ sp to their 50 to stay within 90%. Damage just comes too slow for HL after whatever update it was that killed clipping, and added wm. All we can do is run our infinite combo, and watch the numbers slowly add up.

At cr 113 I did 10x the damage of cr 60 something quantum in a LOA recently. He may have been a controller now that I think about it, but I'll chalk that up as a win for HL. LOL j/k It's a funny thought though.
  5. Delta795 New Player

A lot of this has to do with content as well. In Artifacts, Necro and anything below you can compete and even pull ahead of Quantum since adds go down so much faster 1/2 of the time bombs will miss, but HL's MG & LB will still hit.

Above that, yeah you better be on top of your game and not miss or your gonna get left behind.
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I'm sorry but I have to first state that you have to know when to use the single target rotation with GH and when to skip that rotation.

Multi adds, skip using GH.

Boss, add GH to the rotation.

Next up is how quick you move through your rotation. If you use LB hold it for 3 second. I only do this if the first hit is a crit as all others are crits normally after the first hit, if it is not a crit on the first hit, 90% of the time most of the following hits are not crits, no reason to sit for 3 secons for minimial damage increase. Next us is MG, the same as LB. If the first hits are crits, hold it for 3 seconds.

I do the steps above and can keep up with any Quantum DPS with similar gear and SP. When I loose to someone it is due to gear mostly. Gear is the driving force of my failures as a DPS. I'm basically full 98. If I had 100 gear like say 90% of the people I run with who have completed the same number of raids I have, yet they get better drops than I do, I would be a higher damaging DPS.

The other factor impacting damage out for DPS players is mods. Synthetics vs. VI Experts can drive up damage moreso than SP if both players have SP around 150.

Gear, mods, and SP in that order.

HL it is your rotation and how often you are hitting crits that can negatively or positively impact you.

Best of luck.
    • Like x 3
  7. boredbean Level 30

Yeah, I don't mind being behind them. I just want to be competitive with them. I don't want to be excluded from content because I can't compete and they are better off choosing quantum or celestial in place of me as a HL player. I absolutely love the infinite combo system and I'm having a blast playing HL.
  8. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Quantum is harder than Celestial to keep up with. Celestial DPS side is closer in damage to HL than most will admit. Here is where HL has an advantage over Celestial. While they are performing there combo chances are they are not doing damage, whereas HL range comob is constantly move from ability to ability doing damage. During these phaes HL can keep up or pass Celestial, crits determine how effective you are as a HL.

As for Quantum, HL can come close but usually loses out due to how easy Quantum AM is and how hard it hits. That to me is why Quantum unlike Celestial, needs a nerf. I'm not talking about a 50% reduction in damage here. I'm talking about 10-15% reduction. It would put Quantum more in line with Gadget, HL, and Nature powers for damaging. In fact, a 20-25% maybe more reasonable given how EASY the AM is for Quantum. That would put it slightly below HL, Nature and Gadget powers which requires more skill to use and would make more sense.
  9. Delta795 New Player

Stop it with the nerf calls. Every power that comes out someone says is OP then it gets nerfed, then adjusted then re-nerfed. FYI Nature is still the too DPS power and has been for a VERY long time
  10. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You are right it is. I have been saying since I gear up my Nature toon how powerful Nature is. I do not even use Wolf form as changing and adding extra dots take too much time and reduces my damage by 25%. I focus on WM hits and VP along with clipping Harvest to maximize my damage. When I use the six DOT I get beat regularly....

I add to my rotation Carnage and I just stomp the competition.

The thing is though, that with HL, and Quantum you can run two fo them together. With Nature, you can only run one Nature DPS in the instance. Sorry, it is what it is...

The thing is though, any power in the right hands can be OP.

The AM are setting up players who maybe miss the mark due to a lack of skill, sorry but it is the truth, can be competitive as DPS. That is the truth there. The thing is though, not all AMs are equal in damage and skill level to execute.

Of all the AMs Quantum is very simple to use and hits way to hard given how simple it is when compared to other powers. You are telling me that it is ok that Quantum can hit for 100+K on one hit and not other power can hit that hard? I bet Gadget players are WTF, they nerfed us (I mean mix) and now Quantum is doing this crazy massive damage.

The highest hit any power should be hitting for ATM is, at the most, 50K. With that said, I'm not saying NERF the crap out of Quantum, but review the damage it does when TimeBomb goes off. Maybe it is broken like Gadgets and is hitting 2x as hard as it should be.

I know most T6 players hitting 30-50K regularly, but other powers with the finisher is hitting a maximum 30+K. Those 30+K hits for other powers is the 80+K hits for Quantum. Hmmm...maybe the finisher is hitting 2x hard like Gadget EMP.

Time for a review and a fix. Not a NERF, but a fix. That is my thinking about Quantum; and my bet is that it may come sooner than later for resolving the mega hits Quantum currently has going for it.
  11. Delta795 New Player

First off you can absolutely run 2 Nature DPS and they will both still top the Chart. Use DOT / Wolf
    In order to achieve these massive hits with Quantum its based on trinket, plus supply drop, plus buff (from another player, plus super charge. Then if the the target moves and TB doesn't hit dead on its much less, or none at all if tb totally misses.

Here's the thing, right now the only OP power out there is Nature healing as it has its own power back mechanic and its forcing other healers to be set aside for runs like TOTD elite (which is total crap and they shouldn't have it).

I've seen people say they damage more with Sorcery ( huh..dafuq? when they switched to Quantum) And other well known players saying how bad Mental is right now. I can tell you I have a league mate that keeps up with every power with Mental and he laughs at these monkeys.

We keep seeing nerf this, nerf that and its screwing power sets over. Anyone remember FIRE being a monster???? I do, same with Sorcery but because people with lower IQs then a turnip get on here and scream Nerf!!! Its OP!!! And have little or no knowledge on their own power set we keep going thru this.
    • Like x 1
  12. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

What I'm trying to point out is that Quantum finisher hits harder than the other PI AM abilities that are finishers: Mass Terror, P. Dart, and EMP. These powers average is around 15-30K. Quantum is around 30-60K. So, Quantum gets the upper hand simply by its finisher and that is ok by you simply because why?

I know they FIXED Gadgets EMP and recently FIXED P. Dart. P.Dart is now usable do the fix and EMP is no hitting like it should.

If an issue exist for Quantum, say it is hitting harder than it should be on the finisher, than it needs to be fixed. If it is not, than leave it as it. My guess is that the finisher is broken and is hitting harder than it should.

As for powers, I know the best way to do massive damage is not using teh AM for most powers: Earth, Gadgets, Sorcery, Fire, and I even had conversations with a HL player that does massive damage not using the AM. These players have skill and know how to maximize damage with their power but require some good trolls.

The AM provide some balance but Quantum is by far the easiest power AM to use and it hits like a Mack truck coming down the free way comapre to some other AMs in this game. It needs to be reviewed and adjusted if it is indeed broken.
  13. Delta795 New Player

Its not a Finisher, its using a SC in the TB rotation.
    Is it easy to use? Hell yeah it is! but no easier than HL, Celestial, Ice, Nature or Electricity if you want maximum damage.

I mean you can set max ice damage to hold L2 then rotate thumbs across 4 buttons.
    Electricity is the same way except you mix in wm 2x during rotation... HL? Well Hold Triangle, Hold triangle Hold Square (whew that WS tough!)

Cmom dude, its all easy
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

You are right they are all easy but why is Quantum hitting harder than all others...maybe because TB is broken. I do not know as I do not have the code in front of me to review it.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I can tell from your remarks about nature and electric that you most likely never dps with those powers. Quantum is alot more stronger than both powers, and play different too. Quantum don't play like any power you mentioned as a matter of fact except gadgets, but every other power has to stop and reapply buffs. I won't call quantum op, but it is the strongest, and compared to damage/risk take the least amount of skill to use
  16. Delta795 New Player

If anything I would say maybe take away preload of WB and maybe that would equalize. Again I'm not seeing constant cries for Nature nerf. But like I said the really big TB hits are from preloaded WB rotation with SC included and that's where the big numbers come from.
  17. Delta795 New Player

Nature no, electricity I have a T6 heal / DPS that I keep up quite well with. Go away troll
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

All i'm saying is that if you don't know about something, you shouldn't comnent on it.
  19. Green Lantern Fadi Loyal Player

AWESOME ANOTHER THREAD ANOUT QUANTUM!!! Man quantum is the new Kim Kardashian in dc . Beside instead of making a thread , u need to search for your answers cuz I have made millions thread about quantum so yup and I learned my lesson which is nerfing is not cool and instead buffing other powers is what should be done so we all enjoy our fav power
    • Like x 3
  20. Delta795 New Player

And I'm saying you are a troll. I have a T6 electricy DPS (have not run throne as its an alt)
    But I can compete with EVERY power in same or close CR (112)

I do know what I'm talking about but you and I have never really seen eye to eye. In this case you DIDNT know I have a electric toon and jumped in with no idea. Again, go troll someone else.