HEY Try to Win With Dignity

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by TheRealDeathern, May 30, 2014.

1. TheRealDeathern New Player

I'm sorry, if I've been humiliated and killed 50 times, I deserve the reward for loosing. If matchmaking worked, you wouldn't have two 90 players pitted against two weaker opponents, so its obviously broken. I have already mentioned a mercy rule, but according to most, the thrill is to continuously stomp me in the ground, even when I and my partner are not fighting anymore at the very end of a match.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dr Cryoseism New Player

forfeit =/= losing. To forfeit is to quit.

Judging from your posts, your ego is too fragile to play PVP. The fact that you feel you were humiliated because you were out-geared should be evidence of that. But like I said, you are being forced into it for feat points though, so you really should be petitioning SOE for a better system.
  3. TheRealDeathern New Player

Being out geared didn't bother me, I fought anyway. Loosing didn't bother me, I still went and contested the node until the bitter end.
    Don't worry about my ego, it is fine sir, I will survive and PVP another day.

When faced with a similar encounter, instead of re spawning, and providing entertainment for my opponent, I will simply stay dead. They can beat on my cold lifeless corpse all they want, I will not die again.

I had hoped to avoid such an experience. I had hoped the community would see that when someone fights, it is far more entertaining despite the overwhelming odds than when someone doesn't. Unfortunately this is not the case. The community respects me no more for putting up a fight than they do to those that cower the entire match.

So to each their own. I need marks to get gear. I gonna go in each match, die once, never re spawn and wait to get my free marks. Hope that's entertaining to all of you.
    • Like x 1
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

The match score was 1000-150, so it was basically a full match. What's the fun beaten a weaker player? The wasting my time excuse is lame. He don't want to get beat anymore so he stand outside his spawn to make the game go, and you step of to waste more time? Y'all acting like he said he stopped as soon as the match started, the score was 1000-150, imo the players he was going against were acting like db
    • Like x 3
  5. TheRealDeathern New Player

I very rarely agree with what you say, but in this case, you seem to get it.
  6. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I'm going to suggest legends if you're gearing and don't want to be out matched by a better geared opponent. You get the same marks, you get the same feats if that map you're in has feats associates with it, and everyone is in the same gear regardless of lvl. Matches also finish a lot faster so you can gear quicker.

Just a thought bud.
  7. TheRealDeathern New Player

Nah, dying and then watching individuals watch paint dry sounds like more fun at this time. I would fight and give competition, but that's not respected.
    • Like x 1
  8. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Well like I said before when people do that I step off the node and make a sandwich lol. We'll both wait the 15 min timers, I know I'm not the only one that does this too.

Just trying to help bud. You said you'd have a fighting chance and you'd have more fun if you were geared. we're 6 months into the PVP season most people have there gear already, so if you're gearing the best way to do it without headaches is legends. If you were queing at the beginning of the season when more people were in the gearing process you'd be matched better. The way the match making system works is it looks for people of yourgar level, after say 2 mins if no on queues up it pairs you with the person that's been waiting the longest for a match. It's done like this to prevent the 20+ mi queue times we used to get. It's not fair but that's how it works.
    • Like x 1
  9. realTREDD New Player

Will a dev close this thread allready, the guy got beat badly and he dint like how he got beat so he turtled and got mad when his opponent wanted to play the entire match of which they both signed on for when they qed in, thats the essence of this thread.
  10. TheRealDeathern New Player

I hate the ones that don't even attempt to contest the node, but based on many responses, me putting up a fight is no different than the ones that don't fight at all. As such, I can die, get my suit for the feat, and only die once per instance.

Sounds pretty sweat to me. I get hungry to. I can channel surf. It'll be grand.
  11. FameYack Committed Player

LOVE PVP!!!
    A day is not complete without a single mark of valor and by the end I always try to have little Yack Bow after the Match Ends! You'd be suprised how many player answer regardesly (or in their Villainess Roles :eek:)

I've faced pretty tought oponents and i always give my best, no matter how badly they hit i would make sure next time i get their bars Down and a single K.O would be a Win since i'll get Reward regardesly :)

Sorry to hear of your experience was so unpleasent;:oops:

Remember sometimes the way you like at the problem is a problem per Se, sure they were outmatching you but i would have enjoyed to at least get their bar down midway so i would be sure i´m getting better,

It can be anoying at the begining but those are the opponents i want to find because those are the ones that will help me progress, besides everything would be al lright as no one would really be hurt (besides emotionally condemnable eternally unstopable EMOTIONAL scars ;))

Let it Go, get up and Fight!!! :mad:
    or try legend get your hero and FIGHT :mad:

My advice,
    Make sure you fight till the end next time and if you are truly overwhelmed aim to mid bar and then for a K.O.:p

I just LOVE PVP although, just like you, i truly have not quite the battle power i would like... ATM :mad:

Good Luck!!! :cool:
  12. Little MD Well-Known Player

mmmm I was in this situation many times. Unfortunately, my legends win/loss ratio transfer right over to arena matches, and my arena PVP gear is at 88 with zero sockets. But I went into 4v4 b/c my friends wanted to. And what do ya know... a full stacked team from Reflection (to those that may not know, Reflection can be considered one of the top PVP league in USPC) with fully modded CR90 gear. We got decimated, 0 us to their 1000. We couldn't kill a single player...

Of course, we knew we were going to lose. Get our arses handed to us.

BUT
    If you want to show respect to your opponent, and to the sport (in this case, game or match), it is well known in competitive sport that you NEVER EVER throw the game. You can lose, like we did, 1000 to 0. But you know what? These guys told us that they respected that we kept trying no matter how bad it got and gave us a bow. Show others that you respect them enough to keep giving your all to the end, and they will likely leave the match happy, thinking "remember that team we just demolished? they showed some guts putting up a fight to the end."
    • Like x 3
  13. space outlaw Well-Known Player

hate that it happen to you but in arena it will happen a lot to the people who are not on the same level as their opponent

when an opponent see that they won by a long shot and know there is NO WAY your going to come close to winning they will sometime rub it in your face by either spawn killing you or stepping off the node so that you come out to fight, by the way makes the match longer when stepping off the node..

as for resepect from what I hear from other people.. I wouldn't give anyone more respect than I have given them from the beginning of the match when it was just 1000-1000.. win or lose I don't give anyone more respect.. when I lose I say good job on your victory and move on or if I win ill pat myself on the back and move on to the next opponent I face and not extend the match longer then it have to

hearing that you at least put up a fight close to the end 900 - 100 I see no reason for the opponents to try to push the fight further when you didn't succeed on the 14th time on capturing the node.. it seems they are making the battle a lot longer then what it have to be if they are leaving the node

on the side note the matchmaking system have some work that need to be done because im beginning to see more threads like this in the forums
    • Like x 2
  14. Kroye Loyal Player

I like Legends because the gear disparity goes away.

Then it just becomes my team's skill+ my team's cash-purchased character versus the other team's skill+ cash-purchased character.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dr Cryoseism New Player

OP is so negative and resistant to anything that isn't sympathy. As was suggested, go play legends where you are not out-geared, use the marks to buy better gear, and then go back to regular PVP and earn those feats. I believe there is a feat for collecting all the classic legendary characters anyway, so it's win-win.
  16. Sbel Devoted Player

When I first started pvping for for feats I had one match that made me really think about this.

It was a legends 1vs1 in the batcave. My opponent was a Catwoman who was way, way better than me. I was fighting as hard as I could and s/he'd only lose a third of her health before I was dead. After 4 or 5 deaths I stopped going to fight him/her. So they hunted me down. Over and over again. As I lay dead I considered my options. If I left I would get the deserter penalty and more importantly my enemy would win the meta game. If I stayed in the spawn I would be booted and my enemy would win the meta game. If I continued to fight back, my enemy would have succeeded in changing my behavior and thus win the metagame. I concluded that there was no way for me to win the metagame, but I could make the loss mutual by continuing to respawn and refusing to fight back. (I didn't know you could stay dead. That's one thing I've never tried.) So that's what I did for another 5+ deaths. I could practically hear them screaming and cursing with frustration.

After that match I spent some time thinking and incorporated what had happened into my approach towards pvp. I only do legends 1vs1 if I have something else to do, like read a book, and I only do batcave 1vs1 in characters that have stealth. I try to win 1-5 times. When I get bored, I stealth and go hide. Most people just accept the win. Some people step off the node and make a sandwich. Sometimes I go and take the node while they're making a sandwich and win the match. But usually if you want to let the clock run out I'm ok with that. I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have something else to do. What really cracks me up is the guys who fly around trying to hunt me. I'm sitting here eating delicious ice cream, watching a show, and on my other screen I can see you flying around peering behind rocks, swinging that hammer and hoping you hit someone... lol.

Is what I do fun for the other player? I dunno, I like it when my opponent stops fighting. But you know what? Like all the teabaggers and gankers say, It's Player vs Player, bismarcks, and I do it for my fun and not yours. Deal with it. :cool:
  17. LoArlequin Well-Known Player

I've done this, sure. But only to people i personnaly know and want to just be evil/mean.

But yeah, i've i see the other dude gave up. I just stay in the node and take my marks, :3
    • Like x 2
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

Honestly I just want my opponents to try. I cannot count how many times I've literally stepped off the node and /e bow after a undergeared player keeps coming back so they get the win.

I'm not into PVP for marks--I've actually obtained 90% of my marks of merit feat JUST from PVP marks. I want a good fight and to help new players learn the mechanics. If you see me in arenas I'm game to give some helpful tips and IF you show heart, I'll more than likely give you the match.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This is consequently why the losing side shouldn't get as many marks as they do currently. It's too big of a problem in PvP nowadays.
  20. Sbel Devoted Player

Reducing the marks from losing would actually make it more of a problem since people would have to lose more times to get the gear and either **** or start trying to win.
    • Like x 2