Hey Tanks!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flightboy, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Flightboy New Player

A couple of pro-tips for the new tanks trying to leave sub bosses up or trying to run Epic Odyssey:

1. If you range tank the tyrant away from the raid group he will only beam attack you. Face tanking him makes him use his swipe, munch, and bounce attacks. Bottom line it's makes the raid go a lot smoother when you range tank the tyrant.

2. If you're using the preferred pillar tanking strategy for sub bosses PLEASE aggro the tyrant FIRST before taunting the sub bosses.
    a. The Ravager and Opressor do not need to be blocked on their initial charge if everyone is positioned at the first pillar correctly. Let them charge all the way to pillar then taunt and get your raid positioned correctly behind you. The Ravager will charge on his own and the Opressor will need someone or the tank to initially taunt then high tall it behind the first pillar to ensure the Opressor charge goes on the back side of the pillar.

3. If for whatever reason you are going to put an egg in to get someone out of jail PLEASE ensure you taunt the tyrant prior to picking up an egg.

Closing, there are a ton of videos and live streams. Please watch these tank they sometimes very informational to the tips written above. Best of luck!!!
  2. Conner New Player

Ferris Bueller your my hero
    • Like x 1
  3. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

I ran dox with a tank today I tried to explain to him range tanking the tyrant. He just ignored me & his friend (dps) kept dying by the beams. After picking up that said dps almost 6 times, he then listened to me. People don't like advice, they think you are "telling" them what to do.
    • Like x 3
  4. Flightboy New Player

It's ridiculous how people in game act sometimes especially when they are flat out wrong.... Sigh....
    • Like x 1
  5. jaheen100 New Player

Welcome. Keep it up. It is a great idea.
  6. Flightboy New Player

My apologies on the bad grammar I wrote this thread from my phone. Needless to say BUMP! :)
  7. Mistress of Magic Well-Known Player

poor grammar*

Carry on though - informative thread so far :p