Help with a certain style please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dorn Cresh, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Hi guys,

I saw this player with a certain look that I've been trying to attain. He's got the Checkmate Informant gloves, I believe, which I also own. But his gloves look like shiny metal on the forearm plate and matte black elsewhere, and I can't get mine to look that way. Mine just looks matte all over.

Did he apply some kinda material to his gloves to achieve that look? If so, any idea which material? I was under the impression that materials apply to the entire style item; are there types of materials that apply to only certain coloured segments of an item?

I'm trying to upload a pic I took... bear with me please...
  2. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Damn, I can't seem to upload an image that isn't already online :( Sorry guys, I hope my post made enough sense without needing a photo.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Could be the Dark Metal Chroma material.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Did they look like this?

[IMG]

[IMG]

If so, then yeah, that requires you to have and use the Dark Metal Chroma Materials set, specifically Dark Metal Chroma 2 on the Hands.
    • Like x 1
  5. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Jack T. Chance yes that's exactly it! Thanks so much for going to the trouble of adjusting your styles and screenshotting it for me. And identifying which exact material I need :D Much appreciated, dude!

I see that the Dark Metal Chroma Material is obtained from Dark Knight time capsules. Hmm. Any advice on how to best get my hands on that specific Chroma 2?
    • Like x 1
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

I honestly can't remember if you were legendary or not, if you are then you can try and save cash to buy it from the broker (It shouldn't be too expensive last I remember..) if you aren't then opening the time capsules would be a way to get it. It's not as rare as other things I believe, just keep a look out. Or maybe you can find someone willing to donate.

The individual Chroma "2" variant will only be account bound, and is only from opening the Chroma pack itself which is only obtained via methods like above. So if you managed to get it you will be getting all 3 variants of the Chroma.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, if you weren't legendary then acquiring the time capsules themselves would probably be a challenge. I'm sure I have plenty though if you need any.

Good luck though, you don't have to spend money on stabilizers if you don't want to. You can just run the stabilizer event for free ones, and pray to RNG that you get it within a reasonable time. (If you were to decide to spend money, then spending money on legendary to save up cash and use the broker would probably be a better option, as long as the material is not too expensive. I haven't checked its price recently though)
    • Like x 1
  7. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Rainnifer Currently I am Legendary but only until the end of the month. I wasn't planning on subbing again until my CR is higher enough that I need to do higher level content, or another reason presents itself.

The broker scares me... everything is so expensive there lol! I have only about 2mil on my richest character and that was accumulated through a couple of years of regular play as a Premium. I guess now that I'm Legendary I should play the broker game properly to try and earn some real cash!

This Dark Metal Chroma is apparently from the Dark Knight time capsules, which I think have stopped dropping? The current time capsules are the Dark Multiverse time capsules. This means the Dark Knight time capsules are no longer attainable, right?

Thanks so much for your offer of the Dark Knight time capsules!!! Though even if I have those time capsules, I've read that opening them in the hopes of finding a specific reward amongst their loot pool can be a real waste of stabilizers/money, given the very slim chance of finding the exact thing I'm after. Or did you mean that this Dark Metal Chroma is one of the more common rewards in the Dark Knight time capsules?

I'm not home right now so I can't check the broker. I'm dreading seeing just how many millions this material costs LOL
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I can send you some Dark Knight TCs if you play on the American PS/PC server.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Same here. I have 186 on one of my alts at the moment and that is just one. My others must have more
    • Like x 1
  10. Rainnifer Committed Player

I did a check and I saw the Chroma going for 175mil at the least...I don't know what CR level you are but running missions from amazon or up, maybe even older DLCs could drop base items or collections you should be able to sell for decent money. I sell anything I get that I don't need and the money builds up.

If you decided to try your luck with opening the Dark Knight capsules, there is a few other Chromas inside that capsule. They aren't considered the ultra rare drop (That is the La Mort Card Accessory) or ultra rare collection drops so I'm not sure of your chances but it shouldn't be the worst. If you do get another type of Chroma that you didn't want, or something else inside the capsule, you could sell those on the broker to further make your way to simply buying the Chroma you need.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Rainnifer, TheLorax, Wonder Wiccan, thank you all so much for offering me your Dark Knight time capsules!!! I'm blown away. If you're sure you don't need them anymore I'll gratefully accept any you can send my way. I play on the US PC servers and my main guy is Vyn Koros.

I just checked the broker and the Dark Metal Chroma pack is currently going for 120 mil. I'll start saving up for that in the meantime, while I work on gradually opening your time capsules, and if and when I obtain it one way or another I'll be sure to return you the capsules :)

Rainnifer my current CR on my main guy is 54 :p It'll be some time yet before I can run those Amazon missions but I'll get there eventually I'm sure. You make a good point about selling the stuff I find; I'll definitely do that!

Thanks again you guys!!!
  12. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Just realized my guy's name was split up. To avoid confusion, it's Vyn Koros :)
  13. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I sent 187 from speedmetal x
    • Like x 1
  14. Dorn Cresh Active Player

I've received the time capsules from all three of you! Thanks so much you guys!!! I truly appreciate your generosity :D

I'll be sure to let you know when I've obtained that Chroma!

Thanks again :D I won't forget this!
    • Like x 2
  15. Dorn Cresh Active Player

I did it, you guys!!!

I bought 40 stabilizers from the marketplace :D After opening about 37 capsules I finally had enough stuff to sell off, purchasing the Dark Metal Chroma pack for 90mil. With plenty of wares left unsold, after that.

I'm sending the remainder of the capsules back to you guys. I apologize that I can only roughly estimate how much to return each of you since they were all mixed up.

Thanks so much for helping a stranger, the three of you!!!
    • Like x 2
  16. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Um... Rainnifer and TheLorax could you please remind me how many capsules each of you sent me? Just trying to be as fair and accurate as I can :)
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  18. Dorn Cresh Active Player

That's very generous of you TheLorax! I'll hang onto your share, then :) Thanks again!
  19. Rainnifer Committed Player

I gave about 100 but you can do with them as you please, congrats though 90mil is pretty cheap if you are on US PC/PS
    • Like x 1
  20. Dorn Cresh Active Player

Aww thanks so much Rainnifer :) Yes I consider myself lucky indeed!!!