help where to boost CR!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stephen Lo, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Stephen Lo Level 30

my CR is 101 i wanna boost it where can i get good items? what quest should i do?
  2. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

Just queue to every single mission that gives you Marks.
    You'll either get marks to buy gear from vendors or gear to boost your CR.

It's basically all you can do.
    • Like x 1
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Better hurry before tomorrow when open episodes ends. Then you will be stuck and have to buy any episodes you havent completed inorder to increase your CR
    • Like x 1
  4. LT Schmitt Committed Player

or you can by the gear from the broker and run the seasonal for gear. The Love seasonal has a trinket that scales to your CR/the Christmas one had a weapon that did that also.
  5. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

Unless you're Legendary (or like to waste money on that 7 day free escrow thingy) telling people to buy stuff from the broker is a terrible advice. Even so, he probably wouldn't have enough money for anything (since he doesn't seem to know how to raise his CR).
    • Like x 1
  6. Stephen Lo Level 30

i have alot of marks. where is this vendor that i can buy gears for marks? btw i am a villan
  7. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you would need to go to ranx more then likely or to parademon sentry across the phase shifter in Hall of Doom, that guy sales item level 94 gear, and the vendor in ranx sales item level 97.

I dont think you can buy the 97 gear just yet though. So you need to buy the 94 gear Im thinking. That or go to Amazon Command Post then take the teleporter to Gotham Under Seige there is a vendor there that sales 92 item level iirc.
    • Like x 1
  8. Owl Devoted Player

On Duty missions that drop better gear at CR 101:
    • Aegis of Truth Solo Simulation
    • Circe’s Trial Solo Simulation
    • Port of Paradise Duo
    • Supply Lines Duo
    • Security Breach Alert
    • Themyscira Divided Alert
    • Intergang Crime Wave 4-Man Operation
    • Artifacts from the Past 8-Man Operation
    • Lockdown Raid
    • Relics of Urgrund Raid
    You can also earn Marks in certain Open World areas:
    • Gotham Under Siege: daily missions
    • Gotham Wastelands: daily missions
    • Metropolis Battleground: weekly missions
    At CR 101 you can also earn Marks from Tier 5 content though the gear drops will have lower Item Levels than your current gear.
    • Like x 1
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

You could wait for summer or october and then simply buy the "boost to CR150" package....
    • Like x 3
  10. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

That'd be neat xD
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Shame that it's true. It should only have been allowed on accounts who already had a character that high. Same with the level-skip. A fat-wallet can come dump a bit of cash, leave the game, leaving them looking for a new hook to draw in the next fat wallet. People who've been invested long-term are left with the changes made for short-term cash. Expanding the playerbase shouldn't ever come at the expense of the cash cow, or devaluing existing items they've created. Nor should there be a focus on the end game; skipping and catching up pushes the wrong mentality. They should be building the middle, taking advantage of resources already paid for and developed.
  12. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Doesn't work. The younger generations of gamers are growing up in the middle of "pay-to-not-play"-systems. Why grind cash in GTA when you can buy cash in the shop? Why try to develop your rookie in NBA2K in the early phase of the game when you can buy progression in the shop? Why playing harder teams in PES when you can buy currency for team improvement/better players in the store? Why drive the early races to earn cash in Gran Turismo with some barely tuned Nissan or Honda when you get the cash for your dream super sports car in the store? List can continues endlessly.

And then you enter DCUO and some old farts from yesterday expect you to "earn" your progression? And "learn" how the game and specific content works? Nope, no, not working, abandon ship, message me when I can buy my progression in your shop, byebye!

Basically, if you want to run your game old school, you need financial independency. Only when your costs are covered anyway, you can ignore the market and its demands completely. And when your company is outside the US since some of your non-business-orientated behavior may actually violate ant-trust-laws....
  13. Davenport Committed Player

Is this a joke or a real thing they announced? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised by either.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

False, there is no skip to CR150 coming any time soon. If anyone is saying that it's to be sarcastic (as is the case here with Wade Spalding). Unless there's link to to a Dev or Mepps confirming that it's coming?!!?
  15. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I don't know if it was sarcastic so much as facetious. Skip LVL clearly sold well, so they stepped it up with Skip CR. The idea that they would continue to monetize something that sold, simply for the reason that it sold, is what's true. And, despite the caricature of selling another skip by summer, the taste still smacks of something similar to what they might try. You're right, though ... they haven't announced that they'll try anything like that.

But, here we are, hijacking this poor guy's thread, when he's just asking where to go now that he's skipped half to two-thirds of the game's content (tutorial, levelling, plus over 5 out of 8 tiers). At least he's had some good answers ... do what's in his journal, queue up for what's available on duty, and look for open world tasks. I'd just add that he should go through Deeds>Feats and scroll through to see what accomplishments he may have skipped over.
    • Like x 1
  16. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

An educated guess. If the game still struggles, and it probably will, we'll see another open episodes and character progression (without the give-away) at around that time. With give-away if they make it til Christmas ;)
  17. PhantomBulletPT Well-Known Player

If they do give away a free pass to 150 (or more) I'll promise I'll create a healer.
    No way in hell I'd ever go through that living hell from T1 to T5.
    No one knows how to play and they just blame the one that scores less damage on the scoreboard.
  18. Davenport Committed Player

A skip to 150 would be bad.

I'm currently 159 and working hard to improve my character. I know the controls, and I've got an idea for things, but even at my level there's still a good bit of room for improvement. To just jump there? Nah, bad move. The upper stuff is where knowing your role truly starts to matter. You can skate by in lower tiers, especially with upper players there to bail you out, but not so much once you reach the point where everyone is in the same boat, stats wise.

I did love the free jump to 100 though. Mostly because it allowed my character to open feats he hadn't previously achieved by using replay badges (used the jump to 100 on two multis). I kind of wish the feats they'd unlocked involved all the gather feats as there's no way in hell I'm ever going to get those (too much of a hassle), but hey, I saved a bit of time and can't complain, lol.
  19. Stephen Lo Level 30

where can i buy gears using marks of victory for cr 114 above?