Help wanted

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Cryotkj, May 3, 2013.

1. Cryotkj New Player

Ice tanking for the first time ever. Looking for any and all tips. Also I've got a few question:

Is hibernation any good or would it be better to have another shield instead? I have seen it save a raid once, but that doesn't mean it will always be useful.

Does hard light shield scale with dom or defense or both? And as far as dmg mitigation goes is it better then shatter restraints?

Any tips on maintaining aggro with a mostly shield loadout?

Current loadout: inescapable storm-shatter restraints-bitter winds-WW- reflect-hibernation.

Literally just went and got cc gear and modded it about 30 minutes ago. Cr 71 and haven't tanked anything other then wayward on this guy. For the record I have fire tanked so I know what tanking is about, its ice taking specifically I'm looking for tips on.

Thanks in advance, Cryo.
  2. Meta Flare New Player

when i iced tanked before she got deleted i used hibernation a lot. it is a good power. im not sure but i feel like it heals more than the other 35% healers. i would sometimes switch for ice golem (or elemental) depending on who i was playing with.
  3. Drift Hazard Dedicated Player

To maintain aggro with mostly a shield loadout, you should:
    1. Use any power every 10-12 seconds or when adds start to attack other players, regardless of whether it's a shield or not
    2. That's...pretty much it.
    Ice is now a snap taunt so even using a shield will attract your opponents.
  4. Cryotkj New Player

Well that's good to know. Thanks.

Anyone have thoughts on hard light shield?
  5. FrostyMagma New Player

In my opinion tanking isnt something you can teach, i learned many ways to effectivly tank, all i would recomend doing is thoroughly read the powers and keep in mind interacions and see what best works for your specific play style
  6. Cryotkj New Player

Sooo no thoughts on hard light shIeld then? Lol
  7. FrostyMagma New Player

i onl
    i only used hard light sheild in pvp with the white socked mod, ice tank is awsome without it, see the descriptions in the power trees, there is about 5 or more powers that do provide sheilding abilities, some better than others of course, but i never use that hard llight sheild in pve cause it isnt worth it to me. im a 153 sp fullt t4 modded ice tank and i only use 2 sheilding abilities, i rely on my buff and 1170 dom to do the rest. dom is a conjunction to your self heal and buff. taunt is only a tank ability. and dom is used to controll mobs and to get your buff higher
  8. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

All ice shields are `100% resto + 100% dom. Reflection is the exception as it has 10k hp added on in tank stance.

Pros of HL shield
    gives a heal with the home turf mod.
    Can't be stripped by counter role in pvp.
    Can clip

When you compare it to the others IMO it's lacking in PVE where the heal really isn't doing that much.

Bitter winds: AE knockback + DoT + frostbite PI
    Shatter restraints: Can clip, Picks you up if you are knocked down, breakout
    Winter Ward: Picks you up and cleanse.

As for hibernations /shrug it's not that I don't like it but reflection really is the "ohh ****" for ice tanks, why would I need a supercharge? that's always been my thinking.