Help speccing ice tank mods dom vs resto?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by mouth047, Jun 18, 2017.

1. mouth047 New Player

In AF3 I specced my tank Resto-Health in all sockets bec I know Ice tanks are resto heavy for shields.

Then I found a forum post here regarding the shield formula doubling dom for some reason. So I need advice on how to set up my tank for elite runs in current content.

Should I go straight Dom on blues and reds and straight Resto on yellows or Dom-Health in blues or what?
  2. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Dom-Health for blues, and resto health on yellows, for the reds dom/might or whatever you prefer tbh :p
  3. mouth047 New Player

Thx Sky, and what sort of numbers minimum should I shoot for Dom & Resto? My sp on my tank is 280 ish
  4. monaka Well-Known Player

I don't think you need to change anything, you are modded correctly and in the most efficient manner.

Don't listen to others who tell you any different.

All shields except Reflection are a combination of 100% of Restoration and 100% Dominance and thus gives all your shields greater strength, whereas reflection is 10000 damage mitigation+100% dominance.

The result of your modding is that 4 of your shields are stronger than reflection while reflection is slightly weaker and in my opinion, it is the best way to mod ice tank build.
    • Like x 1
  5. mouth047 New Player

My understanding is the formula for shields should be (resto+dom) x 0.25 but the formula is broken is currently processing (resto + 2xdom) x 0.25 or something if I read it correctly.
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Best bet atm is to spec straight resto. The reason I say that is because this game Health % attacks so the more health you have, the more damage you take and healers can't keep up with that and is unfair to those who spec into health. This is also why rage is pointless right now because why buff your health if you're just gonna take in more damage? So ice with little health and really op shields is the way to go atm. It's stupid ik... but welcome to dcuo!

Also, a hybrid resto is more stronger than a full dom doubled in tank stance. So by that alone... resto wins. The stronger your shields are, the longer they last, same with yourself.
  7. monaka Well-Known Player

I am not sure if your understanding is correct. What is the source of your information?

Read Update 23 which covers all about it.
    http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Update_23
  8. mouth047 New Player

It was discussion in a healer thread discussing shield formula:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...for-healers-after-gu24.6369/page-2#post-99698

9. monaka Well-Known Player

That's not the same for tanks. Dominance does not work as a flat line for every power set but works differently for even the tank powers. In so far as Ice shields are concerned, you should only look at game update 23.

The formula for tank shields is exactly as I have stated before:
    Reflection: 100% dominance+10000 damage absorption/mitigation
    Other shields: 100% dominance+100% restoration will be the damage absorption/mitigation.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

• Like x 1
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

12. mouth047 New Player

• Like x 1