help i cant add debit card

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Stephen Lo, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Stephen Lo Level 30

i cant add my debit card to payment sources, it says We have encountered a system error while processing your request.
    Please try again later.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.
    If you continue to encounter this error, please contact Customer Service at https://help.daybreakgames.com
  2. Stephen Lo Level 30

c'mon please help me
  3. Gwendolyn Active Player

You might need to verify your account.
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

where are you from?

If you are trying to enter your IBAN: Daybreak Games doesn't accept new payments with IBAN. You must somehow find an old account number or pay through Steam.
  5. Stephen Lo Level 30

i am from philippines. my debit card is a mastercard. what is IBAN?
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

What happened when you contacted Customer Service at help.daybreakgames.com ?
  7. Stephen Lo Level 30

they haven't replied yet
  8. SheerFaith Committed Player

Isn´t MasterCard a Creditcard?
    I´m not sure how its in the Philipines but here in Europe there is a diffrence between DEbit Card and CreditCard.
    So maybe you need to put the Informations from your CreditCard in the CreditCard SEction and not in the DebitCard SEction
  9. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Get a Visa Electron or a debit card ur bank offers that is specifically for paying stuff you order online. It is a bad idea to pay online with ur main card, you should split ur money at least between 2 cards.

Also check if you marked the right currency when you were filling ur details. For example, for Europe you need to mark Euro which is the official currency this game accepts for this region.
  10. Gimpy Loyal Player

It's your bank basically denying the charge most likely.
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

All the major credit card companies make debit cards that banks then use.

The CC companies, like MasterCard, Visa, American Express, then get to collect " user fees" from the banks for allowing transactions to go through their system.

Debit cards in most circumstances may be used like a credit card, in fact the "payment option" can be changed from debit to credit at most check-out card readers so the PIN doesn't have to be entered when paying for goods or services.
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I've had this problem in the past.
    1. Check to make sure that your information matches exactly what your financial institution. You'll run into problems if one says 123 Fake Rd and the other says 123 Fake Road, for instance. Check captilization, zip code (ie: 5-digit versus 5+4 digit), Rd/Ln/etc, middle initial.
    2. Since you're using a debit card, sometimes they have issues that credit cards don't have, even if they're backed by a credit card. Try a different form of payment.
    DGC site ended up just being too buggy for me. I ended up just doing it through Steam, who then sent me to DGC to have a payment type on file to complete the transaction (for renewal purposes) ... I gave DGC an alternate form of payment (an actual credit card) ... then when the whole transaction when through, I removed that payment information from DGC.
  13. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

1. This is probably your problem... It's happened to me a few times... It's very specific.
  14. Drathmor Unwavering Player

i'll help you out just give me all your info: card number, mother's maiden name you know, pertinent information and I'll happily look into it for you ;)

*JOKING PLEASE DONT BAN ME*
    • Like x 1