Health Bars In Instances.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reluctant, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Reluctant Well-Known Player

Would it be possible to have health bars show up the way they do in open world; above the players head. Like when you are not grouped up with them.

Because it takes away from situation awareness as a healer when you have to always look at the left hand side of the screen when in an instance.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kozzie New Player

I feel like there's already enough stuff going on with henchmen, pets, some seriously toxic power animations. If they add health bars into the mix, you wouldn't be able to see anything. It would be hard to pick up on subtle boss animations like when Supes points at you.
    • Like x 2
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I don't see this working out. People who'd get used to the bars over someone's head would likely start missing people out of their field of view....or they'd have to keep looking at the side anyway, which makes the above head bar just more clutter.
    • Like x 2
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I could possibly see it as an option, but I think it's a lot easier to have it in one place every time that takes an eye flick over instead of keeping track of various moving bars flying back and forth across the screen, especially if someone is just outside your field of view.
    • Like x 2
  5. Amoxin Well-Known Player

I played healer for a long time in multiple MMOs. Health bars over player's heads would be too hard to follow and way too distracting, especially in raids. I just learned how to watch the screen and the health bars at the same time.

There are a lot of things happening on screen and adding to that would be too much, especially with all the movement that happens. If all you had to do was focus on the tank, maybe it might be ok, but even then I doubt it. There are cues and mechanics that you could potentially miss with too much on the screen.
  6. Reluctant Well-Known Player

A potential solution would be for it to be an option like when you can choose to have a players title or league name show up above there head

I hate to state the obvious, but it is already in the game in open world, especially open world bosses where there are like a million animations and health bars showing up.

I am just asking for the toggle option for 8 players in an instance!

7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As long as I can turn it off, sounds fine. I feel it would be more clutter for an instance. While you are correct in the OW stuff, most times seeing those bars doesn't matter one way or the other. An OW fight is a cluster-f...zerg-style, I doubt anyone is really paying attention to a bunch of random's bars like they would your group members in a raid.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As an option I don't see how this could hurt.
  9. Reluctant Well-Known Player

My apologies , they are in instances already, I think I just got confused because in open world it is zoomed out, so I can see it better, in an instance it is very zoomed in because of barriers, so I barley notice it.