Healing Artifact Concept

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Realist617, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Realist617 Active Player

I voiced this idea in game lobbies and many have shot it down without any explanation except "you're stupid, that's too OP." without any other explanation. Here goes... I'd like to see an art that transforms the healers basic 4 man shield into an 8 man shield, or even a 6 man. At breakthrough marks give an increase to something like shield strength, H.O.T., control resistance, or reduced cooldown. I understand that an art like this would be certainly be considered meta but I don't see any reason why it would be so OP that it's implausible. I know people on this forum like to come out of their neck sideways with smart and facetious remarks due to their own ideas that they know everything, to which I'm not interested. I would however like to hear intelligent and articulate thoughts on this as to exactly why it is a good or bad idea, perhaps with specific examples maybe. What does everyone think?
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

An artifact that turns 4 man shield into an 6/7/8 man shield is a good idea by itself. It doesn't need all that other stuff.
    • Like x 2
  3. Requake Dedicated Player

Isn’t the 8 man non-sc shields on water what makes it unique, what’s the point of using that one then :D

They could maybe make some kind of battle heal artifact where you do more damage when you have a shield on or something like that.

On another note, healers have been treated very well last few dlcs, with page of destiny from metal part1, with transformation+strategist card (which can multi role) and are getting another one tomorrow when the new dlc pops.
  4. Psyfur Well-Known Player

I love the idea. I’ve actually thought about this too. I have a water healer and my bubble stays on cool down. So an artifact like this would be right up my alley. In older content, I can see it being OP. But in newer content, not so much because we’re starting to see attacks that ignore shields. I bet we’ll see more of that in the future.
  5. Psyfur Well-Known Player

But there should be a disadvantage to using it. Perhaps, increased cool down?
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or decrease the strength of the shield by a percentage. That would be a fair trade for being able to shield more than 4 people.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

if this were an Artifact, this is the best potential drawback - run it like Transformation - 8 man shield on any Shield Ability while in a non-DPS role; and have percentile increment negative per Rank (20/15/10/0) , plus maybe a 160 / 200 bonus - "control resistance for 2/4 seconds".

the IDEAL use for an eight man shield is "oh ****" moments, you use it to facilitate pickups, this would give people options for pickups, assuming you could build something into it that would keep it from being "water" by default.
    • Like x 1
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

If they were going to make a healer specific artifact to increase the number of people a group shield would cover, I would hope that it would come with a dominance stat and percent bonus as well, since that plays into the shielding formula.
  9. Brit Loyal Player

I would be content with an Artifact that converts Hard Light Shield iconic power into an 8 player supercharge, so that Nature has a Supercharge worth using.
    • Like x 1
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'd like to see this would be useful for some powers like nature that has no 8man shield
    • Like x 1