Has There Been Any Details About The New Gen Versions Of The Game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by JLAxPOWER GIRL, Oct 10, 2023.

1. JLAxPOWER GIRL Active Player

Given it's releasing in 2-3 months, has there been any word on these with details on any improvements, features, changes, screens or videos, etc? Haven't been watching the forums so don't know if anything was presented or teased. Somebody mentioned they finally hired a new CEO as well. Who? Game credits are never updated, despite new episodes releasing. (Jens and SJ are still listed, as well as Jack, so it's over a year outdated).
  2. Solarbound Committed Player

Keep your expectations low and get ready for more of the same -_-
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No.

They have not.
    • Like x 1
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  5. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

The new ceo is James Nance, I wouldn't expect to hear anything about the new direction of the game until January. my best guess is that's when he'll make his appearance and talk about a new direction for the game. Big changes are already being done which is most likely his doing. so far I can get behind and agree with all of these much needed changes
  6. Solarbound Committed Player

Yep, that about sums it up, haha.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

James Nance is the new executive producer, not CEO.
    • Like x 2
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

There might be more QOL stuff but other than that I wouldn’t expect anything major… maybe faster load times (maybe), maybe a slight smoothness to graphics which I highly doubt, and getting in and out of menus will probably be faster.
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

There's an interview with him in Gaming Bolt, last week of September. He doesn't say much, but what he does say doesn't sound like the doom and gloom that's being discussed in another thread I could mention.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Of course it doesn't. Why would a game magazine advertising new content publish an interview with doom and gloom responses?
  11. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Nance? Ouch. Guy bounces around quite a bit, never staying in most places for more than a year or so. Went from being a QA to CEO, so that's something, but the shifting around the industry means a few things. Ah well, at least they got somebody for now. Started back in May. So EG7 will set expectations and he'll be in charge of the follow through, and we can expect EG7 to want to stick with the status quo, so most likely scenario is more of the same. Seems manageable so on real doom and gloom needed, outside of hopes for more robust modernization and overhauls not really going to be in the cards, afterall. Par for course, as it is with competitors in the same market, with a few exceptions.

I do hope loading times at least in the new gen versions of the game will be improved and will capitalize on SSD speed. There's a server bottleneck to worry about as the game's servers aren't particularly fast, so loading screens probably won't be going away. More interested in seeing what happens with the city pop-in issues and if there will be any improvements to that or not really. Can't sit on the old "ps3 holding it back" excuse no mo', but doesn't feel like there's going to be much flexing at all.

Improvements to the lighting system at least would have been great. The canned lighting definitely gives the game a very aged feel, and using elements like fog in the new Cursed Gotham just looks real bad compared to modern games.
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nance is replacing Landon Falls as executive producer. No one has replaced Jack Emmert as CEO as far as I know.