Harvey Domination is far too powerful

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by The Enquirer, Jan 29, 2015.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I'd like to preface this entire post by saying this was tested in a 1v1 environment, however it is actually more powerful in a 2v2 environment (the game mode legends is balanced around) because the two powers you need to make this work, will hit up to 3 targets and will not split damage.

The Basics

He uses the rifle as his weapon. The rifle's 5th tap is not vulnerable to block. In addition to that his rifle grenades deal 33% more damage than the regular rifle due to Two Face's being modified.

When he enters Harvey Domination mode his health gets increased to 7862. This is only a 35% supercharge, making it one of the fastest and easiest to get in legends.

In this Harvey Domination, Bullet Storm is not vulnerable to interrupt, provides 75% damage mitigation for 3 seconds, crowd control immunity, crowd control, and on average can deal 1404 damage. To do all that it simply costs 150 power and has a 6 second cool down attached to it. Without taking into account the power regeneration you're getting from soders or your weapon attacks, you can use this power 6 times to deal a total of 8428 damage on average, which is more health than any other legend character has.

In a 2v2 scenario due to the lack of damage splitting Bullet Storm can actually deal up to 2808 damage against just two human players.

The Issues

The main issue with Two Face is his Harvey Domination Bullet Storm. The 75% damage mitigation and high damage means that in order to deal the same damage he's dishing out in his Harvey Domination Bullet Storm the opposing player would need to deal 5616 damage in 3 seconds.

This is also one of the easiest supercharges to get into in legends. A good Two Face player can spend more time in Harvey Domination mode than outside of it in many cases.

To give you an idea of how much damage that is, it's the equivalent of knocking out Atrocitus in 3 seconds. Right now the character capable of putting out the most damage in that time period, Catwoman, can deal on average 3700 damage during that same time frame, and in order to do that, she definitely needs to expose herself to counters.

The other issues involves the rifle. It's 5th tap not being vulnerable to block allows you to nearly endlessly spam it without having to worry about being vulnerable to a direct block at any point. In addition to that his rifle's grenade deals 33% more damage than the regular rifle. This allows him to utilize a combination of those moves to deal good damage without ever being vulnerable to counters.

The Results

Filmed on the Test Server, so this will be like this the next game update unless something changes.

During this entire video I only had to expose myself to 2 counters, both lunges and they were successfully landed. I believe there was an unintentional block in there due to crowd control issues, however that was it. Atrocitus had to consistently expose himself to counters in order to come close.

Even though during the last clip we both went down, during the last 2 clips I was able to, successfully counter Atrocitus's supercharge thanks to the high damage and damage mitigation from Bullet Storm.

The developers themselves have stated previously that counters are an intrinsic part of this game and what makes it skill based. Allowing such a character to exist that can largely ignore this system goes completely against their philosophy of having skill based PvP.

How to solve this

It's actually a remarkably easy issue to solve. Simply lower the damage on Harvey Domination Bullet Storm so it hits for roughly 450 total.

Something that should not be done, however, is adding a vulnerability window onto Harvey Domination Bullet Storm. Adding a vulnerability window onto bullet storm will prevent a player from being able to utilize the 75% damage mitigation effectively, in, what is supposed to be a defensive supercharge.

Closing Remarks

Please keep replies to this thread constructive and polite. Thanks for reading!

For anyone who wants to know more about Two Face's stats I suggest using this link. Scroll down slightly to read about Two Face.
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...s-and-power-descriptions.193517/#post-2345884
    • Like x 26
  2. ThunderlesStorm New Player

Yes, I can go into a match, take the lead by quite a bit, then lose it because the 2 face went into Harvey domination. Nerf please :)
  3. Marcos Active Player

Bravo!
    I hope with all these profs and videos devs will take a look on this broken skill. I'm sure the most PvP players get pissed off when enter a match against a Two Face, if you fight a skilled one it's impossible to win.
    But mark my words: after the nerf to Harvey Domination Bullet Storm, Lex will be likely the next abused legend char.
    • Like x 3
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I thought he already was :p.
    • Like x 4
  5. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

If they have high burst and stuns, yeah they'll be abused.
    • Like x 3
  6. Marcos Active Player

Unless if they require skill to use the burst damage properly (Catwoman, Supergirl, WW)
    • Like x 1
  7. Absolix Loyal Player

Lex actually takes some skill to get his high burst. It involves clipping with his 3, JCing it, and always ending with his 5.

As with most HB characters, he becomes more powerful when you learn to block break with Power Discharge, HB's tap range once or twice then tap melee combo. It takes fast reaction times to get it off successfully, I think I've only done it 3 times, but it boosts Lex's burst damage even further.

Most players are just probably just going to spam DoTs and CC as its safe and easy, its not the most effective way to play him, but they'll still spam him. The CC fix cannot come fast enough.
    • Like x 2
  8. Juxes Committed Player

Agree with all this.
  9. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Discharge > #3 > jc then uppercut > #3 jc.

I told Two Face how to do that. Took him less than 5 tries to get it right. So not that much skill. :p
    • Like x 3
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

He also kicked your butt with Superman so I'd venture I guess he's above average in his abilities ;)

That being said let's try to get this back on topic guys.
    I was planning on making this thread eventually but as soon as I fought my way through Atro's sc it got bumped up on the priority list :p
    • Like x 2
  11. Eminence Dedicated Player

Great post again brother, hope it can be looked at soon and get fixed.
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

After the second jc you can fit a tap melee, hold melee clipped with his 5. :p

Even Enquirer didn't know the combo till Clutch showed a video of it, so I highly doubt the masses even know about it. The masses will take a character I like for his counter dependent damage and turn it into a CC spamfest. I feel a little sad.:(

Edit: But yeah fix Harvey Dom, and fix CC, but also fix Harvey Dom. Well organized as always Enquirer.
    • Like x 2
  13. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Tis true. All too true
    • Like x 2
  14. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Yea, well, sending PM's about design related issues if it isn't a bug tends not to work. So I figured I may as well start should start shouting here.

I believe you can actually fit a tap hold in there if you're quick enough. I'll need to mess around with it again. Lost quite a bit of my muscle memory with Lex.
    • Like x 2
  15. Marcos Active Player

I think he takes little less skill because of the spam of dots and cc. For my point of view Cat, WW and Supergirl takes more skill because their high burst damage involves a lot of clipping and also involve power abilities that can be countered.
  16. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

o_O o_O o_O wuuuuuuut?
    Welp back to the lab.
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

Here's Clutch's video demonstrating it.
    • Like x 4
  18. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Yeah that's... yeah.

In all seriousness, I'll try it, out. But that looks hella power hungry.
    • Like x 1
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Keep in mind that's with setting up 2 dots beforehand. From the block break to tactical blast the thing only costs 425 power. Now can we please get this back on topic? :p Or at least somehow work Two Face into these comparisons to show where he stands?
    • Like x 1
  20. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

All you had to do was copy and past Clutch's tap x5 > 2 tap range x2 repeat till Harvey Domination post. :p
    • Like x 1