Hard Light DPS isn't fun anymore

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Furling, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Furling Well-Known Player

Initial reaction to GU36. I was expecting changes because of Jump Cancelling and animation timings, and I understand the need to balance things out, but this level of change makes HL SO different. I *hope* my opinion will improve over time due to getting used to the new timings. However, initial reaction is that Hard Light DPS just isn't nearly as fun as it used to be.

To be clear, I'm not even talking about any Jump Cancel rotations... just your basic melee clipping stuff like claw-ram-whip ram-whip. I can't even do an infinite combo at the moment due to apparently the timings being so different.

My suggestion? Make the dovetails/animation changes timings work so it's possible to use this power faster. I think Hard Light ought to be the *faster* powerset it's always been (maybe the fastest in game?), and let some of the others, like celestial, be slower but hard hitting to balance out. I don't know exactly what numbers to suggest (as I'm not a number cruncher)... but if celestial animations take 1-1.2 seconds, make hard light like .6-.8 seconds. Adjust the damage out, and power required accordingly.

As I understand it, the problem you were trying to solve was that clipping and jump cancelling was TOO fast. That's fine. But, all the powers don't have to go the same speed or you lose what makes each one unique.

Just my nickel....
    • Like x 8