hackers in pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by blazeing fire111, Feb 19, 2013.

1. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

okay am i the only one annouyed by this in pvp. Yesterday i ran into hackers on the moon and in the 2v2 batcave its getting worst please devs do something about this. Do people really suck that bad at pvp that they hack?
  2. Liongale Dedicated Player

In order to help them, use this link: https://soe-ing.custhelp.com/app/ask/ and in category put In-Game Support, then Community Standards. Then give them the names of who. Also if you do a /report before you turn in a report, they will be able to have a log as well.

I know it's a pain in the tookus to have to do it this way, but it's the best way for their team to find out what's going on and put a stop to that. Due to the engine the game is on, there will probably always be new cheats, but we're going to have to do our part in keeping the game as clean as possible.

I can't pretend to know much about programming, but maybe the game can be placed on a new engine platform one day or something that is less breakable.
    • Like x 2
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

When you submit your information (as well as if you mention it here), be sure to give as much detailed information as possible. "They were hacking" doesn't really tell anyone anything. "They never moved from their spawn point but were hitting me while I was on the node" tells a MUCH more understandable story.
  4. Kroye Loyal Player

^This

What exactly were they doing that led you to believe they were hacking? It does exist, but it's not on nearly the scale that some folks believe.
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

no what they on teh batcave was when we killed them they respawned on the node. the moon we couldnt hit them but they could cary the rock but couldnt hit them to stop them.
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

Did these happen multiple times during those matches or was it just a one-time thing each time? Also, was it the same person each time or all of the opposing team? Pre-made or PUG? (please don't post character or league names though because the Mods don't like that).
  7. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

it was same person and im pretty sure it was a pug because i know the other person league and they seem like a ndecent league that they wouldn't hack. it was everytime we killed that one person, and then he would disapear and still hit us. it was jsut one person.
  8. dbtenken New Player

Also hacking is a PC thing as it's pretty much impossible to do on the PS3. Sometimes what you can see on the PS3 is a player gets glitched in a match and can neither take damage or give damage, but can stand on nodes and the like.
  9. Aiden Warren New Player

It seems the cheaters just dont care that the cheats is obvious and we can always report them and it seems they dont care they SOE has detections.

Speedhack is still around. and ppl master the speedhack with binds. Speedhack doesn't just make your player move faster but, are also able to spam range, melees and powers.
    Speedhack makes cooldowns faster, the ability to use trinkes, sheilds and consumables faster. They can disable the speed. what they do is use trinket, shield at the start and fight normal, and for trinket and colas and such. and boos and now backups and orbit strike.
    is they enable the speed and hold block for a couple seconds, for the speed to make the cool downs faster for another trinket, orbit strike and backups and a boo.

and so yeah, im sorry to put this out there, but this is what speedhack does, it speeds the cool downs. they just turn it on, hold block and or roll, and once and then the trinket and all cool downs are back in a split second.

but besides that, there is a couple girls that talked about power changing, and i havent seen it.
    well one girl did say she got a consumable that changes your power type, but later in the week she tried to say its a bug or a hack and she seeing ppl changing powers, so I dont get why she tried to change up her stories.

And yea SOE doesn't seem to have really good detections for the speedhacks, but it seems that SOE has detections that if it detects any kind of cheats or third party game modification programs on your computer, they will ban you. So it seems the Detections are indeed really strong but fails to actually detect the hack being used in the server by their client injection.

This is why players that uses speedhack and havent been detected for a long time yet. I will explain how an Un-Detected App works for an injection.

When the program injects into the game's .exe engine, it actually does nothing to your files or client at all, it injects and modifies your character only, does not affect the server or game's coding. The Infection only codes into your character and whatever cheats it applies. and then the hack it's self dissapeares from your computer where ever the person has it. it dissapears and can't even be searched for if you tried. This is Stealth coding. and this is why SOE's Detections can't detect it.
  10. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

it gets irritating sometimes even when your goign for the 10 wins in a row feat. (wihtout using the trick).
  11. Corthe New Player

What if your not hacking and someone reports you? Do you get banned or something? This happened to me recently and a guy reported me saying that i was hacking. ( We were dueling and i nearly won, I'm level 28 and he is lv 30) I think the only reason i nearly won was due to the fact that i had all self healing abilties loadout ( im a fire tank ) and was wearing some pvp armour ( those lv 24 toughness armor) . So my question is what happens to a person who was wrongly accused of hacking?
  12. Yallander Loyal Player

Nothing...the report is closed and you are none the wiser.

Also some of the things people say are hacks aren't and if you are good enough it won't even matter. Don't think I've faced anyone in last 6 months using fishy business that had a remote chance of winning against me. Not being conceited, just the facts that most players using this stuff do so because they are really really bad at the game.
  13. Talve Dedicated Player

I'm not a developer and as far as i know SOE has never released any open statements on how system actually works (no need to make hackers life even easier). But i try to give you as clear answer as possible by previous experience with GM's and hacking (good old times xD).

In general there are different ways developers fight cheaters. One (and i guess 2nd most popular next to automated systems) way is to use player sent tickets.

If ticket has logs together with it (or some kinda other proof), you can be easily banned with available info.
    If ticket has only names, then i guess it comes down to the amount of reports and size of the support team.
    But in general, at that point they can check up on players themselves.
    Usually for that they have available tools (for example commant prompt with teleporation / invisibility -> them god modes)
    (as a hacker you will never forget your 1st time in MMO when you are somewhere all alone and suddenly GM teleports next to you xD)

So if there is not enough proof, they can get it themselves (probably most sent names go up in priority list).

But in general, in the agreement:

YOU PROMISE, THEREFORE, THAT YOU WILL NEVER ASSERT OR BRING ANY CLAIM OR SUIT AGAINST SOE, ITS LICENSOR(S), ANY SONY COMPANY, OR ANY EMPLOYEES OF ANY OF THE ABOVE, WHICH IS RELATED TO OR BASED ON (I) A CLAIM THAT YOU "OWN" ANY VIRTUAL GOODS IN ANY GAME, (II) A CLAIM FOR THE "VALUE" OF VIRTUAL GOODS IF SOE DELETES THEM (AND/OR TERMINATES YOUR ACCOUNT(S)) IF YOU OR ANYONE ACTING IN CONCERT WITH YOU VIOLATES ANY PROVISION OF THE EXCHANGE AGREEMENT

6. We may terminate this Agreement (including your Software license and your Account) and/or suspend your Account immediately and without notice: (i) if you violate any provision of this Agreement; (ii) infringe any third party intellectual property rights; (iii) if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; (iv) upon game play, chat or any player activity whatsoever which we, in our sole discretion, determine is inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Game; (v) upon any violation of the Station Terms of Service and/or the Game Rules of Conduct and/or (vi) upon any violation of the Exchange Agreement. If we terminate this Agreement or suspend your Account under these circumstances, you will lose access to your Account for the duration of the suspension and/or the balance of any prepaid period without any refund. We may also terminate this Agreement if we decide, in our sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Game, in which case we may provide you with a prorated refund of any prepaid amounts.

So
    Once you are banned / account is terminated you have agreed to have no rights (claims).
    However you still send a ticket with a claim of false a ban.
    GM's are still human and make mistakes and hacking prevention tools/software are never perfect.
  14. Corthe New Player

Alright thanks guys! I have nothing to worry about then
  15. Francesca Lima New Player

I do not think SOE has anything in place. Some of the hacks have been out for months now. It does not really help that they are made by the devs for the devs. How is the game going to know the difference between a dev and a player? Main problem with this game is their team is too small. They cannot handle all of this stuff at once. PS3 has higher quality MMO’s that this game can’t even keep up with. The ticket system needs to be put in place on the game itself. No one wants to take a lot of time just to get a ticket in off the game. The match is over by then and you’re not thinking about the person.

The devs need to make their own private server for testing. Take all the things out in the regular game that they have for themselves for testing. So players that are programmers can’t take the time to learn the codes in the gaming to run powers meant for devs.
  16. Itazuki New Player

If you were not doing anything wrong, you're most likely safe. Way back on PC forums we were told that a GM will investigate a likely hacking report more closely before putting a ban out.
  17. Eric Cartmanez New Player

repeat after me: 'i miss interpreted da rulez'.
  18. Talve Dedicated Player

One thing is completely removing hacks, other thing is constantly banning hackers.
    One is relatively easier to pull off, specially how long this has been going on for.

Actually main problem is that this game runs on unreal engine. It's a very popular one as well as lot of people know the engine works in and out.
    • Like x 1
  19. Funky New Player

speaking of hacks, has anyone played through the moon base in arenas only to have the secure spot not take the rock you're holding? it happened to me twice.
  20. renzhe New Player

You can't score points with the rock if your opponents are holding your rock. Your teammates have to recover your rock while you hide, waiting to score with the opponent's rock.
    • Like x 2