H.I.V.E. Moon base

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, Dec 15, 2019.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Inevitably, content is going to get re-used. As someone recently pointed out, even Thanagar is New Genesis with new base items placed on it. That got me to thinking about what else they could use as a foundation for a new open world or instance. Moon base would seem ripe for that, and we haven’t seen it re-used any to my knowledge.

[IMG]

This would actually make a a decent open world for a Legion episode. Like Thanagar, the foundation of the moons surface wouldn’t need to be changed; just take out the H.I.V.E. buildings and add some new, futuristic ones in their place.

The Zero Hour Legion’s battle with Mordru could be repurposed a little to feature the moon.

http://legionofsuperbloggers.blogspot.com/2017/11/reboot-legionnaires-50.html?m=1

After being freed, Mordru scours the universe for artifacts to help him regain power; and one of his main focuses is the Emerald Eye of Ekron (which would bring in the Legion villains known as the Fatal Five). But for DCUO, they could add in that Mordru is also looking for the Eclipso gem which has connections to earth’s moon. Maybe the Legion could do a better job of protecting the moon than happened in one of their iterations. The moon exploded.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Just a few thoughts. Hopefully a Legion episode is already well along in production and these ideas aren’t needed.
    • Like x 6
  2. Black Jaq Devoted Player

It was a huge map. A league mate and I were recently discussing maps that have not been reused. Always thought it would be interesting to reuse Australia PVP map for some type of PVE setting.

Also, nice to meet another LSH fan.
    • Like x 2
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Did those guys have chili for lunch?
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’ve been saying for ages that those Tier 0 alert maps have untapped potential as open worlds. Gorilla Island, The Moon, Oolong Island, etc.
    • Like x 3
  5. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Ooooo - Gorilla island I had forgotten about. I don’t think that’s ever been re-used either. Oolong we’ve seen a couple of times.

But the Gorilla Island volcano. I still think that’s what Bizarro’s fortress would be. Superman has a crystal home in the arctic ice; so Bizarro should have a rocky cave in the heat of a volcano.
    • Like x 1
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i would like to see some of the more desolate open world areas utilized.

i know theres some green lantern leveling mission as well as the location of some wonder woman mentor portals but the area around the cao dam is one of my favorite areas in the game. i have this fantasy scenario where we have to stop the brotherhood of evil (the brain and mallah, general immortus and madam rouge) from blowing it up. there can be some indoor stuff with portals on the bridge, ome sort of timed mechanic where you have to disable bombs with letting enough go will end the instance.

i also know we use the science spire area for the anti monitor seasonal...but theres something about the docks around the spire that just scream use me. for som reason the area reminds me of a fight between the tatooed man and hawkman from an old JLofA from a very long time ago. i always think of it wen i cicle that area.

Star Labs reskinned is the Legion Headquarters.

Maybe its the holiday season but i would love to see some rooftop boss fights on some f metropolis' high rises. we need to be able to get knocked off a very high space.
    • Like x 1
  7. TritonD3 Well-Known Player

How is Thanagar a re-skin of New Genesis? The size, layout, and shape of the maps are entirely different.
    • Like x 3
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Exactly. The two maps are nothing alike.
    • Like x 1