Guide Request - Acronyms and Terms

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by BlueVariable, Apr 26, 2013.

1. BlueVariable Committed Player

I am placing this request here because it seems appropriate and I think it would fit in this category.

I might be a veteran player in the game, but that doesn't mean I am a "good" player nor that I understand everything.I have simply been playing DCUO since Beta, so that being said, could someone create a "Dictionary" or "Acronym and Term Guide" for people such as myself? If there is one I apologize, I haven't been able to locate it.

What I mean is, that it would be nice to have a fairly exhaustive and possibly alphabetized guide of everything such as acronyms like "CR" or "HL" to terms like "Buff" or "Regen." These specific terms I am familiar with but I am using them as examples. I have seen in some guides people being awesome enough to provide some appropriate to their post, but if there was one specific Guide for this so anyone can relate back to quickly enough when trying to learn things, I think it would be really helpful. Thanks!
  2. BlueVariable Committed Player

Any takers for a glossary? Many of you use terms and acronyms I still don't understand in your guides or various conversations. I'm sure I'm not completely alone in this.
  3. Imperial New Player

You are completely right, and not alone. It would be good to have one, I thought there would have been but so far I've been using Google for random lookups. A guide would be beneficial
    • Like x 1
  4. Remander Steadfast Player

I'd settle for people actually waiting until a powerset is live before writing a "guide."
    • Like x 1
  5. BlueVariable Committed Player

Are you talking about the release of the Quantum Powers? Not sure how this would make any kind of impact on what is intended for a game glossary. All the terms and acronyms already exist up to this point, so really any new ones that come into existence due to the updated powerset could just be edited in.

In fact a glossary would probably have to be continually updated as it is now anyway if it were to be exhaustive. Someone could start the glossary, and then each time someone replies with a new addition, they just edit it in to the OP.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

Nah, I was just venting about people creating guides for a powerset that hasn't been formally released and is still being tweaked. Don't mean to derail your thread. I think glossary would be fine, but good luck finding someone to do it. I've just picked up terms along the way. Never really had an issue.
    • Like x 1
  7. BlueVariable Committed Player

Ah, gotcha. Yeah I know it could be a huge benefit to those of us who aren't completely familiar with the terms but a big pain in the rear for whoever decides to put it together.
  8. YodaDog New Player

You request has been heard, sir.
    • Like x 2
  9. YodaDog New Player

It wasnt that bad... ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. BlueVariable Committed Player

Good, it's always a good sign when people can enjoy going in depth trying to help people out. It means they not only enjoy the game, but want to help others enjoy it as well. Thumbs up to you good sir. :)
  11. TrueMarvel New Player

You should post a link! I saw it already. Nice job. Like the color chosen and the organization
  12. YodaDog New Player

• Like x 1