GU79: Inventory Auto-Sort (Bugs/Feedback/Discussion)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Torikumu, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

There wasn't an official thread to discuss this in, and I found a major bug, so I figured I'd start a new thread. Feel free to use this if you find any bugs of your own, or whatever.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bug: Selector Disappears After Auto-Sort Function Completes

I'm using a PS3 controller to play the game on test and I've noticed that whenever I click the Auto-Sort button AND the Auto-Sort feature moves items into it's determined order, the yellow selector that controller players use to highlight items disappears.

If you click the Auto-Sort button and no items are adjusted, then you don't lose the yellow selector. It's only after items are adjusted that you lose the selector.

The selector doesn't return, at all, unless you move to another tab in your inventory. Upon returning to the inventory tab, you can use the selector again.

I've included a video below. It demonstrates the bug occurring in the shared bank. The exact same bug occurs in the inventory, too:

2. Carp Developer

Nice catch, Torikumu. You're right, this seemed to happen on both the shared bank and the inventory. I submitted a fix earlier this evening that should resolve this when the feature goes live.

Also fixed is an issue in which the Auto-sort button might not show up on the bank grid for legendary members. Essentially if the auto-sort button would wind up as the only button on its row, it wouldn't draw. That should also be resolved wihen the feature goes live.

But thanks for posting the thread, and by all means if anyone has any comments or feedback, please feel free to let us know!
    • Like x 1
  3. DarkMugetsu New Player

May I suggest (if it has not been implemented) a option in the options menu to customize auto sort load order ? Where you could have a list that has options as: Trinkets,Gear,Base,Consumables,Collections,Craftables,Mods,Limited Time/Mission related items (items with expiration date) And these items could be sorted via either A: players can type/select a number to have next to them to represent their order. B: like the inventory highlight 1 listed order and when you click on the 2nd, it swaps that order list piece.
    • Like x 1
  4. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Much appreciated that we are working on ways to fix the inventory. While we are at it can we go ahead and make the R&D material max at 99 instead of the current 16? This switch was made for the simple and complex which was a big help, but there are still many R&D items stuck at this lower and very inconvenient number.

Thanks ^_^
    • Like x 1
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

while we're at it can we please get a "forge" and "consumable" tab added to the r and d vendor?
    • Like x 3
  6. Liightmare1 Well-Known Player

Side question since were discussing inventory when can we expect to be able to stack sodas to 99? we were told there would be more fixes for stacking?
    • Like x 1
  7. Carp Developer

Ah, I had almost forgotten; while I was in there adding all this auto-sort business, I think that I might have also fixed the bug where your overflow inventory item icons will kind of "ghost' as you clear out space and overflow gets moved into the regular inventory. So keep an eye out for that please, and let me know how it's working.
    • Like x 1
  8. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Just tested this on the build which was put up tonight and it's working as intended :) The icons are disappearing as space becomes available when you delete something. The overflow is also emptying when you sell items on a vendor, too. Filling the newly created space with overflowed items.

However, when you salvage items on the R&D Crafting Table, the items in the overflow don't fill the spaces created by the salvage. They remain in the overflow. You also can't add any new items to the inventory, when it's in this state, that aren't in the overflow, either. It just locks up and awaits you to manually move the items from the overflow in the spaces.

I can record a video if my explanation isn't clear. Let me know.

Clicking the Auto-Sort button when the inventory is in this state doesn't automatically fill the empty slots, either, but grabbing an item and moving it to a new space (occupied or empty) will initiate the auto fill process.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The controller bug reported in the original post seems to be fixed, too, in this update, so I've had chance to experiment a little bit with the function.

I was wondering if it might be possible for you to make it so that item stacks are merged, upon Auto-Sorting the inventory? I split a stack of complex in 3 and used the auto sort function. It grouped all 3 stacks next to each other, but I think it'd probably be more useful if they were stacked to their limit, when possible.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kestral Committed Player

This is a terrible feature. Why would I want all of my items jumbled at the top of the inventory. Beyond the fact that I like Items stored at the bottom of my inventory page so I can see new items gained easily at the top. It's not even really putting like with like.

All of the catalysts are jumbled with ones of the same category no longer near each other, Nth metal stacks (as I often have more than I have somewhere to place while I wait to get more catalysts or a new artifact) are all over instead of next to each other, Modding ingredients look like they are sorting by type sort of. It put olympian focusing element and core element together then did SF focusing element and core element but it separated bother from the essence you need at the same time to mod with? Why? I'm kind of afraid to see what it would do on live to all of the various soders types and buff consumables I have.

Before:
    [IMG]

After:
    [IMG]

Give us the ability to turn off this feature. In the settings right now under UI all I see is the ability to turn off 'Show Inventory Sort Confirmation' That's not really helpful. Give me a way I can be assured this will never accidently be used on live while I'm trying to mark items important or delete them. Even on test this is obnoxious to look at and is the exact opposite of what I would expect to see by a sort function. Shoot straight alpha sorting would be preferable to this; still a terrible idea, but preferable.
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

While we are at it, Can we PLEASE add commas when submitting ITEMS to broker and during Trade.. THIS IS LONG OVERDUE.. it is ANNOYING to constantly COUNT zeros during a TRADE or when adding an item to the broker.. Shouldve been looked at 4-5 years ago...
    • Like x 1
  11. Freddy_c New Player

Idea for the button:
    When hovering over it, if you press square it opens up a filter allowing your to rank different tiered items to sort them based on your settings.

Example.
    Default:
    [ 1: purple ]
    [IMG]

[ 2: grey ]
    [IMG]

Custom:
    [ 2: grey ]
    [IMG]

[ 1: purple ]
    [IMG]
Thread Status: