Test Discussion GU60: Celestial AM

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, May 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

So this being done because weapons will be better.

This way you'll only start with wm or weapon move.

If it stayed on live when you broke out you'd be able to throw weapon attacks that were great and get right back into the Am.

Or the people will do 1 weapon 2 weapon 3 weapon 4 and it would be too strong. May be weaker now but when update happens it will be too good?
  2. Absolix Loyal Player

The weapon attack change only applies to powers that have a 3 second grace window. Since Ice Fire and Munitions don't have the grace Windows, they are not affected by this change.
  3. Ichiro Loyal Player

Got it. Actually thought about how to get a baseline for am damage from each combo for maybe standard result. Are we going to lose power regen as well or just loss of am damage? Since there are no other indicators that we are in AM state this might be the only visual indicator possible.

Thanks.
  4. DarkAya Dedicated Player

In other words: Master your combo tap/hold skills or your damage will stink.
    I totally understand why you're doing this (Weapon Update)... but
    pity that Might AM users have nothing to worry about.
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

true... and what happens with the combo users if the server lag kicks in (and thats actually not from our side)?? yes we stink... the might powers are fine then
    • Like x 1
  6. Elusian Crowd Control

Ah okay thanks. I understand the concept behind this why they still should go through the resistance but the difference was marginal. Maybe my expectations where just wrong set :)

To stay positive: Thanks for the 3 seconds grace period that definately helps.
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

Hes saying a WM combo only should drop the AM
  8. metalfenix Committed Player

Sorry for being repetitive, but I have to confirm: this weapon hit limitation hurts celestial. Sometimes we miss the 3 button combos (PcDL and WoTPcCS comes to mind) and we throw a single weapon hit instead. It's unfair to lose the AM benefit just for that, is hard punishment. And I guess it's similar for HL, Rage and atomic combos.
  9. Xibo Loyal Player

OFF TOPIC: Perhaps the devs have decided to put in practice this measure for 2 reasons: 1) Reserve the Mobile Focus Attack only to Ice, Fire, Munitions. I.e. if you want to stay more near of the enemy in a fast way you must be Ice, Fire or Munitions because these powers were developed for this. 2) Some powers you can active your AM or your buff and walk on the same time.

ON TOPIC: Tested Celestial and the grace period is there and it's fine, even the power regen seems better. Thanks!
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

powerback is still awefull... spammed RcW in a solo and ended without mana.. just by using 1 combo...
    • Like x 1
  11. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ok after some testing the control resistance still lacks a bit imo. If i'm say mental i can stand around and get the crap beat out of me and hardly get interrupted but with celestial i'm easily CC'ed. I know mental isn't a combo power but non combo powers can take a beating and still do what they do for the most part but celestial combos are so fragile and i'd like to see a bit more of CC resistance for celestial.

Now the 3 second grace period works good but that weapon attack thing just like myself and others said really kills it. If i get a lag spike, the right CC or interruption i can toss out a weapon attack involuntarily and break my AM, and also the NPC death glitch thing will get you to. So its almost like not even having a grace period sometimes. You really can't put this kind of handicap on powers like celestial cause there is to many things stacked against them that can cause you to drop your AM no mater how good or experienced you are. If you mess up your combo with celestial and use a accidental weapon attack your AM is gone but if you mess up with a might power the grace period saves you. Works for one power but kinda works against celestial...not cool.

Now with a might power you get a lag spike or CC etc your 99.9% never going to toss out a weapon attack to break your AM so this really has no affect on them but for combo powers that are already at a disadvantage they get another thing stacked against them. If we are trying to help combo powers this is a terrible way of going about it.

People don't play the combo powers cause of all the disadvantages they have and i'd like to see this update turn that around but the weapon attack dropping your AM is a game breaker for powers like celestial. The weapon attack thing either needs to be (1) exempt from combo powers and if a problem does arise with added weapon attacks doing unintended damage (which I honestly don't see with light or celestial, maybe rage but thats what testing is for) then take action but don't cut off our hands off before actually knowing if something can be exploited or (2) a 2 attack rule cause honestly right now we're basically in the same boat as we were before.

Edit: Might powers come out of this just fine, you can still lunge in you just have to make sure you clip the lunge with a power before the lunge hits and your fine.
    • Like x 2
  12. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

The might powers are always fine and the combo powers always get the short end of the stick :(
    • Like x 1
  13. Derio 15000 Post Club

Can you explain what harm it is in allowing 1 single weapon attack. By 1 single weapon attack I mean ( 1 tap, or 1 hold).

I can understand in depth weapon combos like shiriken storm, but a single tap shouldnt hurt, unless you plan on increasing all weapon attacks by a marginal amount. ( This is of course for PVE only)
    • Like x 3
  14. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Im curious to see how strong weapons are going to be if taps and holds aren't going to be allowed.

I still bring up CC Resistance.
    It's not 100% there on combo transitions regardless of special adds and attacks or no special adds and attacks.
    I also bring up PvP because this is a change that could help out Celestial big time, even if we dont become viable in a 4v4 or 5v5. Its absolutely a big step in the right direction for us Celestial DPS/Healers in Arenas.
    • Like x 1
  15. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Explain to me like I'm slow (because I probably am; I am not the guy that figures out the exploits):

What situation are we worried about that needs this rule? Are WM combos going to be so OP after the update that people will try to stick WM combos into an AM rotation? Because I'm not aware of that being true at present.
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

It's not at present, it will be after the weapon pass.
  17. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

90% of ppl here talking about celestial... It's fine but where is all rage player...
    Already give up on power... ( I can see why... )

About resistance... Rage missing also some ...
    The times I get cc effect is mad...
    All might power already doing way to much dmg then rage...
    First might attack of might power already doing high dmg... First rotation of rage doing low dmg...
    So what u looking for with this update? To kill combo power?
    U need to increase by far prec dmg... Very far.....
    Might dmg is op vs prec dmg...
    About rage general and specific power / gameplay I already talk 1000 times... Even an simple answer I never see from u devs....
    Rage is WEAK today!! All I ask is to listen and check....
    Why u force ppl to play op power.. And not enjoy they power without been afraid is score or weak dps...
  18. silikyan Well-Known Player

@Spord.
    If we can´t use weapon attacks and we cant continue never ending like other am´s can celestial get more power return?
    • Like x 1
  19. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I'd also run around with a pve breakout trinket n see how it is which is wut u should do anyway. I bet it automatically should always be up with light and rage from the interruptions. That 30% resistance from that trinket should always be up for how interruptable they are. No trinket needed for them just a permenent stat.

Now add the weapon dropping Am which celestial and light will have the most problem from this then all there parses should be on the plus5%.

Stuff should be even and if not things need to be buffed to be taken into consideration or add that light don't drop it's am with inspiration and celestial gets all of it's parses to be on the high side.

Then fix the precision neck mod which will help all these power which it should be that way anyhow.
  20. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

permenent 30 control resistence probably would be good for celestial too. Obviously only available in Pve. So it will have help in every phase.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.