GU40: Weapon Mastery Style Option

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Katnikov, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katnikov Executive Producer

Players have always been able to choose the appearance of their primary weapon through the Style UI. With this new feature, players will also be able to choose the appearance of their Weapon Mastery combo weapons through the Style UI. When the player accesses the Style UI with a primary weapon equipped for which they have unlocked Weapon Mastery, he or she will see two additional appearance categories in the list for the two related combo weapon types.

The combinations are unique per primary weapon, meaning that Brawling into Two-Hand can be different from Shield into Two-Hand. By setting the Mastery Weapon style option, you are not setting your actual style for the primary weapon nor are they shared between the combos.

With this change, primary weapon styles will persist as well.

-Chestbridge
    • Like x 27
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

YESSSSS
    • Like x 2
  3. KCTAMU92PC122010 New Player

Thank you.
    • Like x 2
  4. BigAl Devoted Player

I could kiss you.....
    • Like x 1
  5. Blight KOBRA Commander

Score!
    • Like x 2
  6. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I think this is perfect. But one doubts. I could make suggestions about the weapons masters? I speak because I hated some changes and wanted to know if I could make a thread about it here too ...:confused:
  7. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Is this actually making my request from this post come true?! :D

• Like x 2
  8. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Hello?
    Can I please get an answer, if that feature covers my request as posted above of if I should keep on asking for that improvement?
  9. XBlue Well-Known Player

For example: If I buy the ice pack for Weapon Mastery, then I see only the style of the weapon in the normal WM "orange" or the weapon is actually represented as ice? I mean ONLY the Weapon Mastery strike, not the normal weapon.
  10. Chestbridge Developer

Yes, the selected style of all of your weapons will persist through log out now. So as in your example, if you set your staff to Simple Staff, switch to bow, then log out, switching back to staff will bring back the Simple Staff style.

The weapon will look like what it would look like for a normal weapon. So ice weapons should look like ice. You can also set the colors for each of the specific weapon mastery styles.
    • Like x 5
  11. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

This is AWESOME news, thanks a lot!!! :D
  12. BigAl Devoted Player

Did I mention I could kiss you guys? :p
  13. Sammy Well-Known Player

I would like to address a few complaints.

One. When using brawling or other WM and going into martial arts, You don't display the martial art weapon used. it just shows the brawling version. I am certain that was a placeholder when you first introduced WM, but it kind of bums me out now that you can use other styles... but can't use the other styles.

Please change it so you can see a martial arts weapon displayed, even if its just bare hands.

Two. When switching weapons by changing the actual weapon, the color doesn't stick to the previous weapon, you have to go back and redo all the colors for the new weapon instead of it being saved. as a person who might use multiple weapons, this is inconvenient.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.