GU36 HL REVIEW GOOD OR BAD ?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by jr1nc, Mar 25, 2014.

1. jr1nc Dedicated Player

Well at first i was pissed, but after 2 hours of testing HL there maybe good after all, as long as they fix the rotations!
    Here is my thought at first
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...ow-soft-light-after-gu36.197888/#post-2420607

After 2 hours I am curious to see how i would do against other dps
    here is another video of HL a little lag... but i think i can work with this ... i removed fan from the traits and continued using my rotations and seems to work good not great! I will test more tomorrow... HL still is fast and with 2 trollers i can imagine how much power i can go through for example Ram feels like it has a faster cool down and whip trash seems to be clippable with ram with less power consumption, interesting but then again that's just me!

More Testing HL
    • Like x 11
  2. Chicago Bull New Player

Well you know...could've posted this on one of the other millions of post instead of making another one.
    • Like x 2
  3. GregDawe New Player

Just reminding you guys.
    Each power, including HL, has a support role.
    You can still always learn to troll. HL troll infact is being made better by the Dev's.
    Not everything is about chasing the top rung on the ladder. In fact, being top of the leader board counts for absolutely nothing.
  4. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Thank you for actually figuring out some form of new rotation that might make this more viable than people have been thinking it will be after the update. It looks like it's pretty good! Keep up the good work!

Seriously, people are trying to use old rotations under a combat system with new rules wondering why it doesn't work.

EDIT: For the record I'm not a HL player, just happy to see someone actually trying new things rather than just complaining.
    • Like x 8
  5. jr1nc Dedicated Player

I love trolling.. and im not worried about scoreboard or top dps.. i want to make sure i can keep up the damage
    • Like x 3
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It would have been buried under everyone else complaining. I think someone actually coming up with new ideas for rotations rather than just hashing out the same old complaints is worthy of a new thread :)
    • Like x 8
  7. GregDawe New Player

Who cares?

If you were going to be on the top of the leader board, you still will be.
    This GU changes it for everyone.

You will still do damage, you just have to adapt to a new way of doing things.
    • Like x 1
  8. HeirToThaThrone Committed Player

This is new? lol. Somebody somewhere has tested the damage of combos involving fan with and without it, and the conclusion was that Fan was too valuable. Even when I was HL a year ago, combos would bug out and I couldnt end with Fan sometimes, the damage drop was more than noticeable.

Also, I hope, HOPE, that wasnt cr90 gear he had on, or even 85 for that matter...thats pretty what HL damage wouldve looked like in t4 gear if you didnt use Fan.

Sorry but I sympathize with the HL dps, this update is one big nut stomp to them. If they want to adjust damage or revamp, etc, then they shouldnt do a change this drastic with 0% compensation.
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This update is meant to help bring power sets closer to balance. So maybe after this update fan isn't a viable option for HL anymore. You can't expect to just keep using the same rotations when the rules of combat have changed.
    • Like x 4
  10. jr1nc Dedicated Player

It doesn't matter what cr I am... lol I was just testing rotation its a test server not max stats... If you think I care about numbers then you are mistaken... if I had my gear on ill be hitting hard regardless... if you haven't tried the test sever then please download it now and post your thoughts on it cause im trying the best I can to provide feedback to the community so please if you cant support positive feedback then keep your comments to yourself... where are your videos?
    • Like x 5
  11. jr1nc Dedicated Player

well this looks like the end of HL i will enjoy it until GU36! sorry but i just did AnB and HL is ruined .. i really tried multiple rotations and yet seems to be slower then ever and not to mention the rotations are broken people are talking about the timing window but there is no window to play with in GU36 it is broken! after GU36 comes out and lantern feels like this i will not play DCUO anymore! i will hangup my cape for sure!
    sorry guys but i tried to give GU36 a chance but they destroyed HL
  12. Remander Steadfast Player

As I said in the other thread. Why not wait for them to fix the bugged combos before throwing in the towel?
    • Like x 4