Test Discussion GU139: Ability Balance Changes

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

Don't tank... looks awkwardly at Earth main... You should really stop thinking you know me lol
    • Like x 1
  2. Emoney Dedicated Player

And how long has your "main" been Earth? Like I said, I only know what you type on here, and you've said before either you don't tank or don't like to tank. Regardless, Earth is not Fire. And if Earth is your main that means your fire toons are alts. I'm not gonna comment on a single one of Earth's changes because it's not my main and I hardly play on my Earth alt. Kinda like you should take a step back on the Fire issue.
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I've had a character of every role since pretty much the beginning, my first power was ice. then for a period I was a Quantum Controller, then I've been Earth since probably 2015-2016. You also shouldn't assume my alts are so weak that I won't notice the difference or the impact of the change, they certainly will.

I understand your apprehension to change, I just thought this was always a bug and not intended so I sort of figured it was always on borrowed time, time's just run out.
    • Like x 2
  4. Metallix Active Player

Y'all need to fix y'all servers I'll got kick out the game twice this stat clamp is ruined the game
  5. Emoney Dedicated Player

So, your main, "Proxystar" wasn't ever a healer?

And it's not about apprehension to change. It's about making a power worse. And, now requiring to use empowered channeling instead of regenerative shielding if you even think about using it. It's just sad because Fire is so one dimensional. Fire soul was an after thought. It's OK when you have your combo up, but once you stop to use a block, or kite in the fights ya should, ua lose all that defense and only have healing. We only have one shield and it's an iconic. So, making it harder to use the best heal, really is counter productive. I don't know about your alts, but I tank elite and elite plus, and it's already harder for Fire versus other tank sets. I know I don't run elite plus on most of my alts, and not even elite on some of them, so it's not out of the question to assume that.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

My Proxystar character has never been a healer, or certainly not to my serious reollection. If I ever was it would have been pre artifacts and for a passing laugh and wouldn't have lasted longer than a few days.

For what it's worth Earth has its own challenges in elite and elite+ content, it's definitely not smooth sailing.
  7. sebfm Well-Known Player

Definitively voting for this fix. As it's this specifical power they are working on, it would be nice for Absorb Heat not to have this annoying lock to happen.
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Unless the devs make additional changes to Oracle bot, you shouldn't have any power issues after the next update ever again.
    • Like x 1
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Is that why the first tank to solo Source Wall Elite Plus was a Fire tank not using Absorb Heat?

Imagine that a Fire tank soloing what is considered the hardest raid since 2013 and he wasn't using the apparent strongest fire tank ability? that must be crazy right? How else do you explain a Fire Tank with a solo heal completing a raid that most groups even before the clamped changes still ran with 3-4 tanks?

I mean you know everything about Fire Tanking right? to the degree telling us that this Absorb Heat change will have drastic everlasting impacting to Fire Tanking?

• Like x 4
  10. MisfitCircusInc New Player

Appreciate the efforts to close off some age-old exploits and unnecessary clutter. But, the biggest clutter problem right now in the game is the unbelievable amount of pets/allies on the field. It makes it incredibly difficult for tanks to pull adds, teammates to perform lunge mechanics, etc. I am increasingly boxed in as a player and find myself one-shotted by a boss when I rolled out of the way in plenty of time only to be stopped by a random pet not in my field of view. Doorways become clutttered and difficult to pass through in content as well. The list goes on.

At the very least, if the pets/allies were able to be passed through rather than being a road block, that would tremendously improve the gameplay experience.
    • Like x 3
  11. MisfitCircusInc New Player

Literally never had an issue with a fire tank and healing, even in Elite content…and, I’ve never used Absorb Heat in my Tank Loadout. There are so many more viable ways to heal yourself as a Fire Tank without the need to use an exploit (the only channeled ability that gets the full benefit when clipped in the game), especially when properly Spec’d into Restoration and Health properly. This is a welcome change.
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well that's really why I posted it, so the devs can see what might be causing it and hopefully throw a fix in.
  13. FixMyPower Active Player

can you please tell me what the changes are exactly? i can't get on test
  14. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. Mr.W Committed Player

I think you're missing the point he's trying to make. I don't believe he is stating it is impossible to tank without that ability, quite the contrary. What he's saying is the change makes the ability AH (in tank role) is even less viable even in the niche situations making it boardline a pointless ability (in tank role) that should be replaced with a completely new ability altogether unless the buff from the update is a bit more than 20%. (You would want to ideally at a full bar by the 2nd maybe 3rd tick. & that would be while you're still taking damage)

He also stated he wanted you to find a video of someone who (did) use AH in elite plus & (did) let the animation play out completely as it was intended & still have a successful run. & he's stating nobody he knows has done that.

That person did great, & most E & E+ are basically a game of keep away for most tanks, but that doesn't change the fact that despite it's great heals fire is still naturally the weakest tank power.

Not being rude, but I think that's what he meant.
    • Like x 1
  16. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The weakest tank power? you my friend must play with some garbage fire tanks. About missing the point he's trying to make? I actually take that as a compliment because would rather not see his point anyways.

and "ideally at a full bar by the 2nd maybe 3rd tick" I have 1.1 million health as a fire tank and you want AH to heal back 300,000+ per tick? cause that is balance.
    • Like x 4
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

No I know some great 1s & am good with it myself lol :) . It can do some cool stuff with great heals but it is more squishy than other tank powers regardless of the health pool b/c its defense is lower than other tanks it naturally takes more damage. We just play to it's strengths & play smart lol.

If you are going to have to be locked in animation & get punched for 300k-400k+ then at it's best it will only be mitigation for 3-5sec at worse you're losing 100-300k health (depending on the damage of the boss/bosses) per tick of AH. If you take it at the best case scenario that's the equivalent of other thank powers using a shield to take 0 damage lol.
    • Like x 1
  18. JoeDR New Player

Do you really compare ths group with groups tht need 3-4 tanks at cr414? Which decent group still needed 3-4 tanks?
    Do you also see how big the room is only because his tactic was different maybe more out running them and kiting dsnt mean AH is useless. I bet he ddnt use it because for his way it was slowing him down.

Also a bit weird to talk the AH exploit down n want it fixed with a video where the tank used a muuuch worse exploit - the broken af lazarus artefact with wrong cooldowns
    • Like x 4
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

Lmao.
    How do you know he was the first?????.
    The entire group is 414, and we have no idea what shenanigans are going on within that group as far as artifacts, do we?

Also please see Mr W's reply, that's EXACTLY what I meant.
    • Like x 2
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

Don't want to see my point? Gee why is that? Why are you here then? I don't expect anything else from you honestly. You are afterall, the community's mouthpiece for the artifact swap nonsense.
    • Like x 3