Test Discussion GU 58: Rage Mid-range Adjustments

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Tunso, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Beserk does need a buff its useless 6 sec to do do damage is not enough
  2. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Beserk needs to be reverted back to 12 secs if the damage potential is going to be that low and if u have to be on the bosses face
    • Like x 1
  3. Red Skorpion Dedicated Player

At Melee range, Rage is the ultimate Risk/Reward power in the game and if this is the margin at which we measure damage potential still. It should be not only brought into line but exceed the rest of the power sets in the game at melee range. at max range it shouldn't matter but i feel the base damage for most moves should be increased still and maybe look into improving infuriate or berserk's Time to maybe 10-15 seconds
    • Like x 3
  4. Nemisor Committed Player

Conveydcuo, dude one post will do fine mate.

I'd agree with Tunso's point on the outrage cool down. it was awesome when it came out but also terrible that you could clip a power with itself repeatedly for awesome damage.

uping the length and range of berserk would be great for dpsing.
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Rages melee is a all in type of power set and DB just doesn't fit that. While I would love to beable to use it it just doesn't go with the rest of the powers for melee so I side with tunso on this issue.
  6. Korlick Loyal Player

But what he is saying is that, allowing us to use just 2 powers for melee and have D.Blast (for mid-range, not melee) in our loadout, that would allow us to be on pair with the rest of the powerset that can do melee or mid-range damage with the same loadout.
    You can jump in and fight face to face with Outrage and Revenge/E-Chain, or step back to mid-range and spam D.Blast.
    All the other powers can do this, Rage cant.
    Right now, the only way to do this is switching powers before starting a combat, or switch armories in middle combat.
    • Like x 3
  7. Roomba Dedicated Player

Feel free to post only once, but anything under 4 in the future would be great.
    • Like x 4
  8. motionsick Well-Known Player

If Rage's main AM is going to stay melee-based, the straight AM the damage seems a bit low to make the risk worth the reward. It seems considerablly lower then HL's melee AM (about 5K/s less, and even more if you can't clip like Rokyn).

The Melee loadout won't allow any Supercharges/other powers, and you have to stop and re-apply GE/BL/RA every so often.

With 3 melee powers, you also can't have a Melee and Ranged in a single loadout without comprimising huge damage potential since you can't properly clip 2 melee combos.

Suggestions:
    Maybe increase damage across the board with melee. Maybe a bonus when using 3 melee combos, but allow 2 to be clipped. Allow a 3rd power to be viable such as a SC or Dreadful Blast.

This would allow people to run 1 armoury for a mixed Melee/MidRange witout penalty like other powers. But allow people who want to run 2 armouries to max out the damage, also like other powers.
  9. WildcatHunter Committed Player

What about at least allowing ra to stay active in dps role until savage state is dropped. I know some may say god mode but our dps combos dont increase defense or health and with current cooldowns ra doesnt line up well maybe a tweak to revenge combo will make it flow better.
  10. Tunso Developer

I made some adjustments to the animation for Revenge. The apparent time-to-hit for Revenge is way faster than the other combos but you still can't transition to the next attack until 1 second elapses like all the other combos. This is making it feel sluggish/weird/different.

In your mind, if you're like me, you're probably used to timing your button presses based on when it looks like you hit your opponent. Because you appear to hit your opponent so much faster with Revenge it blows your timing out of the water and makes your brain hurt.

So I adjusted the apparent time to hit so it matches the other combos a little better. The dovetail timing is the same and everything so it won't effect your damage output at all. IMO I was able to clip a little more tightly/accurately after the change, so I think its better. This change might be on PC Test tommorrow but I can't make any promises.
    • Like x 6
  11. Tunso Developer

I understand you have feedback about the tank side of Rage. To keep things from getting too noisy, I'd like to focus this discussion specifically on the subject of Rage's advanced damage mechanics. I'd suggest moving Tank specific suggestions for Rage to a new thread. Thanks!
    • Like x 5
  12. SSeid Committed Player

If you haven't done so already can you decrease the cool-down of both Outrage and Revenge so that the melee loadout can be done with just these 2 powers in sequence?
  13. ShadowTheHunter Well-Known Player

Thank you for the balancing you have done thus far Tunso. Could we get an idea on what the plan is for Rage's finisher in DPS role?
    • Like x 1
  14. majosea Dedicated Player

thank you Tusno ,for taking to time and consideration & for adjusting the time for the combos
    • Like x 1
  15. Fies Committed Player

Theres already a perfectly viable all-range loadout. GE->BL->RA + DB spam. Deals 35+k dps close (<7m). Allows for SK or other things you like to spec into since its powerpoint-efficient also. Tradeoff is that its not that fun compared to the melee only rotation.
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I get what your saying and it would be nice but the melee loadout just wouldn't be as fun imo without all 3 combos. That's just my personal opinion though and I respect others if other feel different.
    • Like x 1
  17. Saybro Committed Player

I see what you are saying. I'm so used to using the armory that just switching knowing which boss Im fighting is 2nd nature. But it would be a little nice to be able to simply back up and hit dreadful instand of a full on switch.
    • Like x 2
  18. motionsick Well-Known Player

That'd be beyond Dreadful. :confused:
  19. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Thanks for the quality of life fix. I've noticed the issue sometimes with Revenge but I kinda just let it pass by, but regardless, thanks. Small inquiry, have you looked into why Frenzy isn't doing melee baseline damage?
    • Like x 1
  20. Rokyn Dedicated Player

I repeated your rotation on my end and I did get high parses at times in my samples but I still got an average of 33k for that rotation. Have you calculated a parse average for that rotation? Just add up all the parses and divide by 30 samples (if it's 30 samples) or just throw it in the dcuolog.com. I was trying to investigate this and I just cannot get it over 32-33k.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.